News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Started by Phi2x, 18:49, 09 September 10

Previous topic - Next topic

charlionline

Great job! Love it

www.sohobarpalma.com

Executioner

Quote from: phi2x on 19:49, 14 March 16
CPCBox is not open-source.

CPCBox is JavaScript, doesn't that make it open source by definition?

Phi2x

Executioner

Quote from: phi2x on 10:46, 17 March 16
Technically speaking yes, the javascript code that is fed to the browser is visible to everyone via the F12 devtools of any browser.

And that explains why there's so much javascript obfuscation tools that currently exist ;) .

Their goal is to protect source code from being stolen, or being tampered with.

It's sad but counting on a simple copyright banner to protect your work will just make crooks laugh at it while they're ripping it.

Unfortunately, all you can do is change variable and function names and remove all the whitespace so the code is hard to read, then someone just
reformats it in NetBeans or Eclipse and works out what the functions actually do. Mind you, Java is not much better, there's tools like JAD can rip apart
a Java class file, and a good assembly hacker can rip apart x86 (or Z80) code fairly quickly (this I have done, eg. Frogger and Snapper (6502)).

Phi2x

Munchausen

I was just looking at some code listings on the forum and thought it would be really cool if you could load them automatically in cpcbox to see what the code does (perhaps an extra feature to add to the [   code   ] blocks). If there was an assembler built in this could even work for asm listings. Just an idea anyway...

Phi2x

Phi2x

Phi2x

BZHGames

Hi,

I integrated CPCBOX on my personal site to play online.
I wanted to congratulate you for this emulator, it's really good work.

I took the time to read all the comments about your emulator. But I did not find any trace on the next version you wanted to make.

I admit that if the future version (if there is one) could take into account the sound it would be really a plus.

Otherwise, I did not find how to load a .dsk file in javascript. I use snapshots, but some games need to access the disk.

Finally, here, I really wanted to congratulate you and I really hope that there will be an upcoming version.

Good job.
Online games : Tetris, Connect4, Reversi, Marvel Memory, Laby and Amstrad games
https://bzhgames.xyz/

Phi2x

Phi2x

norecess464

Quote from: PhilZeVibe on 22:31, 04 July 19
The emulator will now be found in www.retrovm.com
Hmm. I personally think the domain name is not appropriate, because of this another Amstrad CPC emulator: http://www.retrovirtualmachine.org/en/
My personal website: https://norecess.cpcscene.net
My current project is Sonic GX, a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog for the awesome Amstrad GX-4000 game console!

Phi2x

AMSDOS

Was wondering if you were going to consider a BBC Micro machine as part of the other Computers?
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Phi2x

TotO

Also the cpcbox.com domain name will expire in a few days from now and I won't renew it.
You have renew it. Do you think the opposite too?  ::)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Phi2x

TotO

Well. Probably your registrad had renew it for you during one year if you change your minds.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Gryzor

Very often there's a couple of weeks' worth of grace period.

soukron

The reason is that my goal in the future is that my emulator will also be able to emulate some other computers than just the CPC.
So it won't make sense to still keep the CPCbox name.

Any chance to release the code from the old version considering such deep change in the emulator?

On the other hand, is there any way to pre-load an specific rom when the page loads? I'm trying to automate some tasks with Puppeteer like loading a game and pressing some keystrokes but I wonder if there's any way to load a rom directly to save time.

Phi2x

soukron

Quote from: PhilZeVibe on 22:15, 04 November 19
Nope. I don't plan to release the source code.

Okay, no worries. I thought I could use the emulator in a fancy project but I'll need to check out other options. As said, I want to automate the interactions with Puppeteer to create an AI agent which plays a game and CPCBox was great enough but without being able to include some features it doesn't feet my needs.

BZHGames

Happy New Year everyone !

Hi PhilZeVibe,

I take the liberty of asking you about CPCBox.
I wanted to know if with CPCBox, it was possible in javascript, to load a DSK file from a URL in the reader without going through the selection of a file (as for the snapshot)?
I've been trying for months, but I can't.
If you have advice or an idea, it would be nice.
If not so be it  ;D
Online games : Tetris, Connect4, Reversi, Marvel Memory, Laby and Amstrad games
https://bzhgames.xyz/

Phi2x