News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Started by Phi2x, 18:49, 09 September 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Phi2x

Prodatron

I just found a video on YouTube presenting CPCBox and a Java-based Spectrum Emulator:

Play ZX Spectrum and CPC games in your browser!

CU,
Prodatron

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

Phi2x

Prodatron

At least the video shows that CPC-Box looks much better than the small javabased Spectrum one :)

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

Phi2x

Gryzor

Good enough for the Ides of March. Not like we're expecting a new and improved version every single day mate :)

Devilmarkus

Quote from: Gryzor on 14:29, 22 February 13
Good enough for the Ides of March. Not like we're expecting a new and improved version every single day mate :)

No?!?
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Phi2x

Gryzor

Heheheh is this the Compo Version? D

Phi2x

Gryzor

Phi2x

Gryzor

An option to actually play the wav to the user? :)

Phi2x

Gryzor

Not really, but listening to the tape loading soothes my nerves ;)

Phi2x

Markus Mobius

Is it possible to have cpcbox as a packaged chrome app? That would allow me to use it offline as well as online. It could also be in the chrome store.

It's a fantastic website by the way.

Gryzor

Quote from: Markus Mobius on 03:19, 16 October 13
Is it possible to have cpcbox as a packaged chrome app? That would allow me to use it offline as well as online. It could also be in the chrome store.

It's a fantastic website by the way.

Oh, that's a great idea... 

Phi2x

TFM

Quote from: phi2x on 20:14, 16 October 13
But I see a problem with the Chrome web store: it only works with the Chrome browser!
And that's not good I think. I prefer to see CPCBox running equally on any browser that respect web standards

Does it run on IE now? If not, Chrome is all you need  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Phi2x

andycadley

Quote from: TFM on 21:10, 16 October 13

Does it run on IE now? If not, Chrome is all you need  ;)

Nope, it fails on IE11 due to Uint8ClampedArray

TFM

Well, guess I stick with Chrome then...
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

mahlemiut

Quote from: phi2x on 21:23, 16 October 13
Here's something completely unrelated, but really the news is of importance (when you remember what happened in the past in this thread)!

According to this post, MAME will switch from their current not-for-profit license to the BSD license:
David Haywood's Homepage » The End? Newer Update

Basically, it means that everyone is now authorized to make commercial exploitation of the MAME sourcecode.
And that decision has been taken without consulting the people who contributed in the project.

So, at the moment, I'm having a thought for all the volunteers that believed in the lies of the MAME team, contributing to the MAME project naively believing that they were protected by the MAME license that there wouldn't ever be any leechers legally making money out of their work.

The moral of the story is that if you decide to publish your code with an open-source license, you'll loose every concrete control on the code you worked hard for.
And there's just enough malevolant people in this world that it won't be long before those people will rip your work and exploit it for their sole profit.

The proof has been made by the MAME team :(

Haze loves his drama :)

Current situation is:  MAME core will be BSD, and MAME and MESS devices and drivers will be licensed according to the wishes of the author(s) (MAME, BSD, LGPL, or GPL).

The MAME license is essentially BSD with a non-commercial clause. 

Taking those malevolent people to court costs money.  MAMEdev doesn't have that sort of money.
- Barry Rodewald

Gryzor

A 'malevolent' person could equally take any other emulator out there and sell "it" (actually they're not selling the emulators, rather they sell compilations of ROMs and programs; that's entirely different). So while I understand your way of thinking the overall picture doesn't change...