News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Retro Virtual Machine v2.0.beta-1.r0 Released for Windows / Linux / MacOs

Started by jcgamestoy, 12:03, 22 December 18

Previous topic - Next topic

jcgamestoy

At last today launch my new emulator.

https://youtu.be/OgZj4dzcBRg

Features

v2.0.Beta-1.r0 22/12/2018

* Multiplatform
  * Windows (Vista+)
  * Linux
  * MacOs (10.9+)
* Multi System
  * ZX Spectrum
    * ZX Spectrum 16k
    * ZX Spectrum 48k (issue2/3/+/+English)
    * ZX Spectrum 128k (eng/spa)
    * ZX Spectrum +2 (eng/spa/fr)
    * ZX Spectrum +2A (4.0eng/4.0spa/4.1eng/4.1spa)
    * ZX Spectrum +3 (4.0eng/4.0spa/4.1eng/4.1spa)
    * ZX Spectrum +2E (eng/spa)
    * ZX Spectrum +3E (eng/spa)
    * Inves Spectrum +
    * ZX-Uno (v4.1/v4.2)
  * Amstrad CPC
    * Amstrad CPC 464 (CRTC-0)
    * Amstrad CPC 664 (CRTC-0)
    * Amstrad CPC 6128 (CRTC-0)
* Multi machine
  * Possibility of opening several machines in parallel
* Virtual Cassette
  * Support TAP,TZX,PZX,CSW,CDT in playback or recording.
* Floppy disks
  * Low level disc (mfm)
  * New implementation of upd765
  * HFE/DSK support
* Monitor
  * Emulation of synchronism (H-sync/V-sync)
  * New Shader
* Joysticks / Gamepad
  * Autodetection
* Devices
  * ZX Spectrum
    * DivMMC
    * Kempston Mouse
    * Magic-AY
    * Turbo Sound
  * Amstrad CPC
    * X-Mem
    * CPC Dandanator
    * AMX Mouse
* Supported file systems in the integrated explorer
  * FAT 16
  * FAT 32
  * CPM
* SD Emulation (SPI)
  * SD (max 2GB)
  * SDHC (max 32GB)
* Development system (ALPHA)
  * Editable hexadecimal view
  * Editable disassembly view
  * Multiple monitors
  * Assembler with LUA pre-processor
  * Command terminal

You can download it from:

https://www.retrovirtualmachine.org

reidrac

Thanks a lot!  Amazing emulator with full Linux support!
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

jcgamestoy

Quote from: GOB on 21:50, 22 December 18
No cpc+...

Not yet, the goal of the Beta-2 will be the cpc plus and all the crtc models (now it only emulates the crtc0)

mahlemiut

Runs brilliantly well for me on Arch Linux.

Couple of thoughts after a quick test:
Zip support would be nice.  Most of my software is zipped (so I know the images won't change)
Mapping the joystick inputs to keyboard would also be useful (because I'm too lazy to get a gamepad/stick to plug in).
- Barry Rodewald

tjohnson

Very good been having a play with it today, works well.  Does it support joystick emulation?  Look forward to plus support.  Will it run on Raspberry Pi?

jesusdelmas

Quote from: jcgamestoy on 22:14, 22 December 18

Not yet, the goal of the Beta-2 will be the cpc plus and all the crtc models (now it only emulates the crtc0)

Will you add an option to emulate the joystick with the keyboard?? And also the posibility of map the buttons?? That would be really good (like capricenforever does)

Gryzor

Ahhh been waiting for this :)

Looks great and it's obvious that so much wok has gone into it!

I second the argument for zip support, but also, I must be going stupid because I can't figure out how to load a disk? I mean I've switched the drive on, have inserted a disk, and then...? I always get "disk missing"...

Thanks for the great Xmas gift! :)

Gryzor

mahlemiut

Quote from: Gryzor on 19:04, 23 December 18I second the argument for zip support, but also, I must be going stupid because I can't figure out how to load a disk? I mean I've switched the drive on, have inserted a disk, and then...? I always get "disk missing"...
The drive that you turn on is presumably the external disk drive, so on a 664 or 6128 setup that will be drive B.  Try the internal drive at the bottom right of the screen.
- Barry Rodewald

jcgamestoy

Quote from: Gryzor on 19:04, 23 December 18
Ahhh been waiting for this :)

Looks great and it's obvious that so much wok has gone into it!

I second the argument for zip support, but also, I must be going stupid because I can't figure out how to load a disk? I mean I've switched the drive on, have inserted a disk, and then...? I always get "disk missing"...

Thanks for the great Xmas gift! :)

This misunderstanding is happening a lot, I should have labeled the units. Drive A is the bottom one, the one with the power switch is Drive B, see the manual:

https://www.retrovirtualmachine.org/book/usermanual/en/disk.html

jcgamestoy

Quote from: krusty_benediction on 18:51, 23 December 18
HelloIt do not work on my machine.Ubuntu 18.10/nviudia drivers 390.87 for Quadro M2200The monitor stays black

I'm sorry to hear that, I'm surprised because I program it in ubuntu and also with an nvidia card. What window manager do you use?

roudoudou

Successfully tested with Lubuntu 18.04 on my old i5-2500 / Nvidia GTX-650
Great work, very nice interface, easy to use!

My pronouns are RASM and ACE

VincentGR

Tested on i7 875K with HD7870O.C and Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Also on a laptop with i5 and intel HD gfx with Linux Mint 19.

Works like a charm, thanks.

AMSDOS

Just a pity the emulated 464 doesn't support Disk Drive, otherwise a nice emulator.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Targhan

Tested it a bit, so far I'm quite impressed, especially by the monitor emulation, which I find quite realistic :) .

Some things I'd like to have:
- A cycle counter in the disassemble area, which can be reset at will.
- I couldn't really grasp how the disassemble window work. I can only see a window of #400 wide. Why? I'd prefer see the whole 64kb, and select the rom configuration (#c1, #c2, etc.).
- I didn't check, but can your loaded SNApshots interpret the (unofficial) breakpoints structures? Really important for developers.
- I use an external editor to assemble my projects and generate DSK and SNA. Then I use to hack them into Winape by using AutoHotKey to simulate a SNA or DSK insertion. Do you think you can provide some kind of interface to do that? I have no idea how a cross-platform project can handle that... I believe this is impossible :) . (Just thinking about it... I could simply simulate a drag'n'drop...)
- The SNA I've attached to this message does not work, if you want to have a look at it.
- On reloading the software, it would be fine if the windows, or at least the machine, was put back in the state if was (maybe an option about it?).
- The Pause option is great looking, but not very practical. I think a "pause" written somewhere would be more relevant instead of a Fallout-inspired shader on the screen :).

I'm really looking forward the debug feature, since this is what interest me primarily! Awesome work so far!

Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

reidrac

Quote from: Targhan on 12:16, 24 December 18
- I use an external editor to assemble my projects and generate DSK and SNA. Then I use to hack them into Winape by using AutoHotKey to simulate a SNA or DSK insertion. Do you think you can provide some kind of interface to do that? I have no idea how a cross-platform project can handle that... I believe this is impossible :) . (Just thinking about it... I could simply simulate a drag'n'drop...)

There's a CLI interface, run the app on a console with "-h".
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

Targhan

QuoteThere's a CLI interface, run the app on a console with "-h".

Yes I saw that. But I want to automatize. Maybe I can inject external commands to this command line (via AutoHotKey). This is probably what is the simplest. Provided I can load and execute SNA from it (but I guess I can, I didn't check).
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Targhan

Well no, you can't load a SNA or a DSK from command line. This is one more feature request :).
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

reidrac

Quote from: Targhan on 15:22, 24 December 18
Well no, you can't load a SNA or a DSK from command line. This is one more feature request :).

I haven't tried it, but that's what it says on the tin.

EXAMPLE: RetroVirtualMachine -b=cpc464 -s snap.sna ;boots a cpc464, and load the snapshot file.

Targhan

Yes, it works this way but it is not exactly what I want, because it will open a new instance of the emulator. I want to always work on the same instance, so a "load sna" via the integrated command line tool is what I need.

(for the dev: if the sna was not found, a segfault is shown).
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Gryzor

Quote from: jcgamestoy on 23:14, 23 December 18

This misunderstanding is happening a lot, I should have labeled the units. Drive A is the bottom one, the one with the power switch is Drive B, see the manual:

https://www.retrovirtualmachine.org/book/usermanual/en/disk.html

Oh there's an online manual! I had only found the pdf cheat sheet :)

Thanks, that makes more sense!!

jcgamestoy

Quote from: Targhan on 15:22, 24 December 18
Well no, you can't load a SNA or a DSK from command line. This is one more feature request :) .

SNA no, but is a interesting feature, maybe I add a new command soon.

DSK yes  ;D :

mount file.dsk a (or b)

umount a ;to eject the disk

You can access the files in the dsk from the terminal:

cd a@

To return to your hd sys@

By example you can copy files from the hd to the A drive:

cp sys@file a@

I have not much time now, but soon I will begin to document all the debugger.

About the "undocumented" breakpoints is easy doable, but I don't understand the 2 bytes of the condition, is this documented?

Regards