News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Winape help

Started by j_semple, 19:13, 24 January 11

Previous topic - Next topic

j_semple

Hey.First time poster :) This is probably easily solved. I downloaded winAPE and the burnin rubber+Basic rom from the winAPE site. All good. Every time I load up though? It only lets me into PARADOS? (whatver that is) and doesnt give me the F1 option for burning rubber or F2 for amstrad basic. How do I fix that? Really been bugging me for a long time

redbox

Quote from: j_semple on 19:13, 24 January 11
Every time I load up though? It only lets me into PARADOS? (whatver that is) and doesnt give me the F1 option for burning rubber or F2 for amstrad basic. How do I fix that? Really been bugging me for a long time

ParaDOS is an alternative disc OS which allows 3.5" large disk access amongst other things.  It was written by the same author of WinApe, hence the cartridge image on his website has ParaDOS patched into it.

You can download the original Plus cartridge image for use with WinApe from here in the wiki.

Devilmarkus

AFAIR WinAPE has parados rom as default setting.
Just disable the rom in Winape's rom settings. -> F12 -> 'Memory' -> remove all choosen roms in LOWER and the UPPER roms.
Then "Enable Cartridge" and select your cartridge file there.
(If not selected)

Also check "General Settings" -> Choose CRTC type 3 and also plus features /plus ppi emulation enabled.
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

TFM

Quote from: redbox on 20:15, 24 January 11
ParaDOS is an alternative disc OS which allows 3.5" large disk access amongst other things.

And in case you like the use the 704 KB Vortex format for 3.5" or 5.25" discs (80 tracks, two sides) then you can use XD-DOS (see CPC Wiki).
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

arnoldemu

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource