News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

2011 - what can a cpc'er look forward to?

Started by cpc4eva, 05:00, 15 January 11

Previous topic - Next topic

cpc4eva

the first month of 2011 already at half way and am wondering what sort of projects will be undertaken this year for the cpc. 

I have seen sub hunter on the psytronik site and screens look very nice hope the game play is good too.  The screen shots look very familiar - p-47 perhaps ?

http://www.psytronik.net/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=86:subhuntercpc&catid=41:cpc&Itemid=63

steve

My new year's resolution is to learn programming and rewrite codename mat.

I'm not good at keeping resolutions but maybe you'll get it for christmas.

Gryzor

Looking really great, Sub Hunter... really looking forward to buying it.

From my part, my resolution is to make the wiki more stable and, hopefully, successful...

robcfg

MacDeath

Successfull ? as in getting a lot of money from advertisments ? ::)

or Sucks full ?  ;D

Well to me it may be a heavy year if I can get Half what I want done...

=working on the way to get an Arduino Mega1280 usefull as an extension port peripheral...(like additionnal AYpsg or internet or whatever...)
=learning to code (in order to get this arduino working)coding..
=getting an Amstrad6128+ surfing on the Internet...
=getting Bloxorz clone done.
=having sexual intercourses on a regular basis.
=Nespresso...what else ?

Gryzor

Nespresso... I'd never tie myself to a proprietary machine...

cpc4eva

wow looks like a good year ahead for a cpc'er -

bubble bobble remake
r - type remake
sub hunter
possible codename mat remake

cant wait :)

resolutions i never make em....... i always break em........ i hope someone bombs (manure)  man united  :-*

TFM

Resolution? Resolution? Release... ah, yes... FutureSoft will release "A Tribute to the Sisters" in 2011 - for sure  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TomEtJerry

Hello,

Don't forget "Uwol", that's a promising game too :-). And I think other programs will be released this year, as many guys are more working on games than on demos.

T&j/GPA

trocoloco

don't forget either that SyX and Dadman are working on King's valley 1 and 2 cpc conversions, hopefully (and almost sure) they will be ready for this year as well

fano

Quote from: TomEtJerry on 09:25, 16 January 11Don't forget "Uwol", that's a promising game too
+1 this one seems very promising too !
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

SyX

Quote from: fano on 12:57, 16 January 11
+1 this one seems very promising too !
+5 in the case of R-Type 128Kb  ;) +100 if the physical version includes the MSX cover

But if i can dream about i would like for the CPC in this year... get some free time to think about:

1.-  How overlay (or superimpose) the cpc video signal with the signal of mpg4 video decoder (with an usb pendrive to storage the videos) and make a port of Dragon's Lair and other arcade and MSX LaserDisc.

2.- Make a Bee Card adaptor for the CPC and say good bye to tapes and disks  8)

arnoldemu

Quote from: cpc4eva on 05:00, 15 January 11
the first month of 2011 already at half way and am wondering what sort of projects will be undertaken this year for the cpc. 
I am working on a game. I started it before Christmas, and it's around 60% complete. There will be a version for cpc and for +.
Give it a few more months before I can release it ;)

btw, again this will be a free game to download.

EDIT: No source this time ;)
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Gryzor

@trocoloco: ????!?
@arnoldemu: wouldn't mind buying it, mind you... :)

MacDeath

Hey syx, one more post and you'll get rid of your lame Speccy for a powerfull CPC464...

Keep up the good work mate... ;D

SyX

Quote from: MacDeath on 18:24, 16 January 11
Hey syx, one more post and you'll get rid of your lame Speccy for a powerfull CPC464...
Well, in that case Bye Bye Sperrium!!! :laugh: (Note: Speccy + spanish word of dog + suffix 'um' to look latin and sound 'ye olde'  :P )

Quote from: MacDeath on 18:24, 16 January 11
Keep up the good work mate... ;D
You know, always a lot of ideas about classic games with a bit of hardware, how a breakout clone with a paddle... C'est mon truc pour rendre le tout plus agréable au goût (google help me to said that  :D )

MacDeath

Quotesuffix 'um' to look latin and sound 'ye olde'
like... cough... rectum... cough...? :laugh:

sigh

I've got a few:

1: To get this beat em up game made.
2: Start planning heavily animated, side view smooth pixel scrolling 128KB football game.

Football is not a sport that a like very much and I dont play the games, but animating diving headers, bicycle kicks, heel flicks and other footy skills would be good fun!

...and I must get a 6128 PLUS to play R-Type...

cpc4eva

Quote from: sigh on 20:48, 16 January 11
I've got a few:

1: To get this beat em up game made.
2: Start planning heavily animated, side view smooth pixel scrolling 128KB football game.

Football is not a sport that a like very much and I dont play the games, but animating diving headers, bicycle kicks, heel flicks and other footy skills would be good fun!

...and I must get a 6128 PLUS to play R-Type...

wow sounds fun

maybe have a go at a microprose soccer 6128+ remake with larger screen size coloured sprites, better goalie contol and some extra features ????

trocoloco

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:12, 16 January 11
@trocoloco: ??? ?!?

remember this post ? http://cpcwiki.eu/forum/index.php/topic,1393.msg13967.html#msg13967

to be honest I don't know how is doing lately this project, but I guess they are very busy with uwol atm and other things too.

MacDeath

Soxer ? why not speedball instead ?

Football is for quiche eaters... :P

Gryzor

Still, it'd be very refreshing to see a new sports game... :)

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Even that. Oh, and also someone create a light gun :)

Bryce

On the hardware side, priority No. 1 is to get the MegaFlash finished. Then there's a whole list of other hardware projects which won't all happen in 2011 :( Other plans include: A DKtronics Speech Synth clone (without needing an SPO256), an Ethernet Port and then I might look at doing a lightgun ;) But there's a bigger Project happening in the Background, which might slow down all other projects this year ;)

@MacDeath: Aren't owning an Nespresso Machine and having regular sex mutually exclusive events? :D

Bryce.

P.s. I really like Quiche.