News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

6128 version of Double Dragon

Started by Swainy, 14:13, 06 January 15

Previous topic - Next topic

kawickboy

i don't think others computers got double dragon in 1987 or 1988, early 1989 i think. but the cpc releases were late, end-1989 (at the same time double dragon 2 was available for other formats.)

the 128ko releases (it's true for double dragon 2 too) don't have ending or not as good as they could be. 64ko spanish releases have endings taken from the coin up, far better. have a look at cpc-power.

sigh

Quote from: kawickboy on 13:08, 19 January 15
i don't think others computers got double dragon in 1987 or 1988, early 1989 i think. but the cpc releases were late, end-1989 (at the same time double dragon 2 was available for other formats.)

the 128ko releases (it's true for double dragon 2 too) don't have ending or not as good as they could be. 64ko spanish releases have endings taken from the coin up, far better. have a look at cpc-power.

According to CPC POWER, they were released 1988:

http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=database

I had Double Dragon 2 on cassette on my 464 with the 64kb Datel Ram expansion. The game had the arcade graphics and not the other one.

Also - what are the spanish releases? Were they special in some way?

Swainy

Quote from: sigh on 00:47, 19 January 15
I found and purchased the Edition One box with Double Dragon, Silkworm, Xenon and Gemini Wing! Double Dragon has it's own disk.

Now the problem...

My television and the CPC PLUS 6128 are refusing to play nice with each other! The screen is just unreadable even though I am using an amstrad scart lead I purchased from a retro game shop a while ago. Another strange thing is that my 6128 doesn't seem to be functioning properly as it seems as though the keyboard is dodgy as the keys act as if they are continuosly being pressed down; spawning lots of letters on the screen. Well....at least I think they arey are letters, as the display is so bad I'm not even too sure what the characters are!

I already chucked out my old RF signal TV because of room space and wont be buying another one.

Some TV's just don't like the Amstrad with a scart lead. What TV is it? Does it have a Teletext mode? Try switching that on & see if that helps? As mad as it sounds, one of my TV's will not display the Amstrad picture unless the Teletext is switched it.

Also does the Scart lead come with a power supply for the disc drive?
Retro Asylum

sigh

Quote from: Swainy on 22:47, 19 January 15

Some TV's just don't like the Amstrad with a scart lead. What TV is it? Does it have a Teletext mode? Try switching that on & see if that helps? As mad as it sounds, one of my TV's will not display the Amstrad picture unless the Teletext is switched it.

Also does the Scart lead come with a power supply for the disc drive?

I'm using a 6128 PLUS machine so there is not a separate power supply for the drive.

Unfortunately, I pressed the text button on my remote but it says that teletex is not available.