News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

64k Testers wanted: Disk drive owners with REAL hardware

Started by keith56, 08:18, 13 January 17

Previous topic - Next topic

keith56

I'm working on the 64k version of Chibi Akuma(s) - it's going well, and I'm hoping it will be 'finished' in a day or so.

The trouble is, I only own two 6128 machines - I have no real 464 machine to test it on - I'll do 6128 and emulator testing, but it's not really enough

are there any 64k owners (plus and regular) who would be willing to give the a beta of the game the once over on a real machine? you will need a disk drive - as the game cannot run from tape (sorry!)

if anyone is interested, please let me know!
Chibi Akumas: Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter!
Learn ARM, 8086, Z80, 6502 or 68000 with my tutorials: www.assemblytutorial.com
My Assembly programming book is available now on amazon!

simondo

I can do it. I have a 464. My FD-1 is a bit hit & miss but have a a DDI-1 with 3.5" drive as Drive A. Just PM me/send file.

Bryce

I've a 464 with DDI-1 / FD-1. You can send me a copy for testing too if you like.

I can only test level 1 though as I am absolutely crap at playing ANY computer games.  :picard:

Bryce.

||C|-|E||

Bryce

Quote from: ||C|-|E|| on 13:27, 13 January 17
But you can have 255 lifes in this game!  :laugh:

Ok, that could possibly get me to the start of level 2.... and then?  ::)

Bryce.

keith56

Excellent, I will do more testing on emulator today, and on my real 6128 today, and as long as its still works I will send it today - thanks loads!

Quote from: Bryce on 11:24, 13 January 17
I've a 464 with DDI-1 / FD-1. You can send me a copy for testing too if you like.

I can only test level 1 though as I am absolutely crap at playing ANY computer games.  :picard:

Bryce.

There is a 'cheat mode' for testing which I will give you that allows you to start at any level,

All the levels except the last boss battle are unchanged - so if the first level works, so should 2,3 and 4

it's the intro / end sequence and the last boss battle that have been giving me trouble, as they have 'special' code that the other's dont.

SRS

I could test on a Schneider 464 with WiFi-M4 Board next weekend i.e.

keith56

Quote from: SRS on 16:52, 14 January 17
I could test on a Schneider 464 with WiFi-M4 Board next weekend i.e.

Thanks for the offer!

The 'normal' version of the game comes on 2 180k disks, I don't think the M4 can do a disk swap can it?

Do you use Parados, or some OS that can support a 80 track / 360k disk? I will prepare something for you!