News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ADVENTURE: The Treasure of Elgon (Converted from TRS-80)

Started by SRS, 18:34, 11 January 17

Previous topic - Next topic

SRS

The Treasure of Elgon 

By: Keith Hawthorn
<Modified for the Microbee by A.Laughton>
<Converted to the CPC by SRS>

In this adventure you are required to find the Treasure of Elgon, but along
your way you will encounter many problems.

This adventure will accept two word commands, ie:exam grue, climb pit etc.

You can also SAVE GAME, and RESTORE GAME !

[attach=3][attach=4]

Puresox

To save starting a new thread , thought I'd ask a question related to this Adventure. I have never managed to really enjoy a text adventure , I really would like to and do try from time to time . I think I almost started enjoying an Infocom one recently. But I have never seen one all the way through.
Can someone who is avid fans of this genre,recommend the best approach for enjoying a text adventure? 

Gryzor

Quiet evening in front of you, do read all the materials included in the original package, dim the lights, get a drink, go.

Seriously, I don't think there's much more to it... it's just a state of mind.

VincentGR

Never liked these games too but after trying one converted by SRS I think I am addicted.

SRS

Quote from: Puresox on 03:22, 12 January 17
To save starting a new thread , thought I'd ask a question related to this Adventure. I have never managed to really enjoy a text adventure , I really would like to and do try from time to time . I think I almost started enjoying an Infocom one recently. But I have never seen one all the way through.
Can someone who is avid fans of this genre,recommend the best approach for enjoying a text adventure?

For me it was - as a "fanatic book reader" - the chance to take part in interactive fiction. the story would follow my input ... fascinating from the beginning. And programming adventures was .. hey, writing your own novel with action ... even better. Or as we say in german "mind movies" :) - you like that or not, I guess.