News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Another game called "Burning Rubber" ??

Started by Xyphoe, 11:17, 06 September 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Xyphoe

Someone on the "Amstrad CPC 464" Facebook group is selling a load of cassettes.

In the pic I noticed an oddity.

[attachimg=1]

2nd row, 2nd from the right.

A game called "Burning Rubber". Never heard of it!

Also, searching on CPC-Power (for anything "rubber") just comes up with the GX4000 game.

Anyone know anything about it?

AMSDOS

I saw on the F1 the name of the Software house CRL. Cpc-Rulez has something about it which is a compilation pack.

https://cpcrulez.fr/GamesTest/compilation-burning_rubber.htm
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Shaun M. Neary

CRL's was called Burning Rubber, Ocean's was called Burnin' Rubber. At least there was a distinction in the title, unlike the two Aliens games lol  :laugh:

Doesn't look like too many copies of it made the shelves, apparently the World Of Spectrum guys can't get it for their system as it's listed as MIA.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Shaun M. Neary

Look closely, it's the EXACT SAME copy as what's on the CPCRulez box scan!

Same Amstrad CPC sticker over lapped on the left, and the same crease on the box on the right diagonally by the juggernaut!  :o
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Shaun M. Neary

Just saw this too. Sinclair Abuser reviewed this in March 1990. So it pre dates Ocean's release, but not by very much!

http://www.zxspectrumreviews.co.uk/Review.aspx?rid=11313&gid=8944

chinnyhill10

Ocean liked the title so much they re-used it for an Amiga and PC game. No ST version, interesting how that format didn't really outlast the 8 bits.  If you look at Ocean as an example they only put 2 ST games out in '93 and one in '94.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

||C|-|E||

It also seems that they liked the Peugeot 205 quite a lot  :laugh: Looking at the video I found in Youtube, car selection is actually great  :D Nissan Sunny GTI, R5 Turbo, 205 GTI, Golf MKI GTI and Fiesta RS. The RS was a great car, I rolled downhill like crazy in one of those and I am still posting here...

Xyphoe

Ah well done! Yes it's a compilation, of what looks like rather old and dull racing management/simulation games!

What a disappointment!

Thanks though! :D

kawickboy

are you sure that the 93 burning rubber game doesn't exist on ST ? i remember the game was even compatible with serial link.

i found this too:
http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/other-retro/burning-rubber-modern-midi-)/