News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Anyone remember the game title?

Started by Jim Griffiths, 11:12, 26 January 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Griffiths

Hey all, does anyone remember a game which had a centipede clone mini-game in it?

Pretty sure it was a mastertronic title....

I'll keep wracking my brains and update the post if I remember any more details :D

Gryzor

You sure it was a mini-game in a game and not a budget collection of mini-games?

remax

Brain Radioactivity

Dabooka

I know the one you mean and it was a mini game within the main title.

Gah, that's going to do my head in thinking of that.....

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

Former 464 and 6128 owner.
Trying to find replacements to reignite my old passion!

Even DOS'd around with an old 1640...

Jim Griffiths

Phew Dabooka glad someone else at least remembers it :) spent a fun couple of hours last night googling mastertronic titles and screenshots etc - found some great games to replay after 20ish years I had totally forgotten :):) none of them were what I was looking for though.
I'll update here if I find it :)

arnoldemu

sly spy? (EDIT: yeah I meant fly spy LOL)

(spindizzy had a minigame but i think that was qix)
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Jim Griffiths

Ooh thanks I'll check that out! At one point last night I thought it was possibly fly spy but I read a review and it didn't mention a sub game, I'll check out your suggestion and any other games with soy in the title ;):)

arnoldemu

Quote from: Dabooka on 07:36, 27 January 17
I know the one you mean and it was a mini game within the main title.

Gah, that's going to do my head in thinking of that.....

playable on the main menu?
or press some keys to get to it?

sure it was on amstrad?
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Jim Griffiths

def not sly spy haven't played that, and watched a fly spy video and wasn't that either.

I *THINK* the game was part of the main action i.e. every time you did something specific (can't remember what  :( ) you would have to play this centipede-clone mini game. I have wracked my brains about what I played it on and only the amstrad makes sense time-wise. I did have a 486PC after the CPC but that doesn't 'feel right', and the vectrex I had before the amstrad DEFINITELY wasn't it (I specifically remember the colour pixels....) 

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Jim Griffiths on 15:02, 27 January 17
def not sly spy haven't played that, and watched a fly spy video and wasn't that either.

I *THINK* the game was part of the main action i.e. every time you did something specific (can't remember what  :( ) you would have to play this centipede-clone mini game. I have wracked my brains about what I played it on and only the amstrad makes sense time-wise. I did have a 486PC after the CPC but that doesn't 'feel right', and the vectrex I had before the amstrad DEFINITELY wasn't it (I specifically remember the colour pixels....)

Has to be Flyspy. Once you got to a teleport it brought you to a Centipede mini game.
Check this video at the 11 minute mark:

Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Dabooka

Amstrad, and it was a feature in a game which you accessed at a concsole I believe? I will get there, its starting to come back!

Bloody good game if I recall correctly

Dabooka

That's the one! Thank you son
much, loved that

Jim Griffiths

AWESOME!!! Thank you so much :):):) wow they fitted SO MUCH into that game didn't they!

AMSDOS

Quote from: arnoldemu on 13:56, 27 January 17

Close, it's called "Stix", but I had to look it up on CPC-Power.  :D
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

ivarf

I just found this thread. I am glad you found it. Up until the solution was found, I thought about Frankie from Ocean.

Puresox

Quote from: arnoldemu on 13:56, 27 January 17
sly spy? (EDIT: yeah I meant fly spy LOL)

Spindizzy had a mini game? Seriously? Have we got the right game? Can't remember Spindizzy having any features like that?

Nich

Quote from: Puresox on 19:26, 30 January 17
Spindizzy had a mini game? Seriously? Have we got the right game? Can't remember Spindizzy having any features like that?

It's not a game as such - more like an interesting graphics demo. Press the F and X keys on the menu screen to watch it.

Puresox

Bloody hell surprised I didn't come across that by accident ,over the years , the amount of times I attacked the keyboard in rage , only to find some unexpected feature .
Cool little feature similar to Kuma's title pages'
Seeing the Skyx link ,triggered a question Qix related. Is the Qix effect very easy to pull off  on an CPC,taking into account  the Draw and fill routines and patrolling nasties?
Would like to see a base level Qix game on the CPC. Zolyx is pretty close and pretty enjoyable , but obviously avoids the Qix routine . Also it has a bit of a delay in filling . Still a great game that didn't seem hampered by the pauses .

AMSDOS

Quote from: Puresox on 22:11, 30 January 17
Bloody hell surprised I didn't come across that by accident ,over the years , the amount of times I attacked the keyboard in rage , only to find some unexpected feature .

If you had done it in BASIC, you would of discovered Control Codes!  :-[

Your Computer Programs

Puresox

Quote from: AMSDOS on 07:24, 31 January 17

If you had done it in BASIC, you would of discovered Control Codes!  :-[
Done what in BASIC amdos?

AMSDOS

Quote from: Puresox on 21:37, 16 February 17
Done what in BASIC amdos?

Well it's unfortunate that I was doing this to the 464 my parents brought, but attacking the keyboard would reveal other characters which would of happened when the control key was being pressed in conjunction with a letter key. That character represents the control code. I remember one of the early ones being the Transparent Mode because you would just write through stuff with your cursor and it wouldn't delete it and if you printed something over the top of it, it would just add to to the layer until you ended up with a square block.

Your Computer Programs

Puresox

Ahh Got you. I do recall getting some of that stuff on the screen , back when I used to mess around with the keyboard , Used to wonder what the hell they were for . I never got so enthused that I would research it though. 180' turn to what I'm like these days .