News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Astonishing and enigmatic pics from BatmanGroup!!

Started by Joseman, 20:27, 12 June 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseman

Directly from his twitter account!!

"testing the new 50fps pixel by pixel and overscan  routine"

roudoudou

a new game? Great news!

But this is neither overscan nor fullscreen, obviously  ;)
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

Joseman

Quote from: roudoudou on 21:58, 12 June 17

a new game? Great news!

But this is neither overscan nor fullscreen, obviously  ;)

why not?

Zoe Robinson

keith56

Quote from: Joseman on 22:20, 12 June 17
why not?

I suppose the "not full screen" comment is because the top and bottom inch of the screen seem to be solid fill - but that doesn't mean those areas are scrolled pixel data too.

Has anyone seen this in motion? the stills look great, but I want to see how it moves!!
Chibi Akumas: Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter!
Learn ARM, 8086, Z80, 6502 or 68000 with my tutorials: www.assemblytutorial.com
My Assembly programming book is available now on amazon!

roudoudou

Quote from: Joseman on 22:20, 12 June 17
why not?

Half of the screen is score board (won't scroll) or pure border (won't scroll too). Anyway the border is not the "screen"

The game area looks like a 16K screen (192*170) so there is no need to set overscan bit too (overscan means 32K video page)

On the other hand, i'm sure there is a nice split-screen between score board and game area.  ;)

DanyPPC

CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

fano

impatient to see this in motion !
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

arnoldemu

I am interested in these words:

"50fps pixel by pixel"

It would be interesting to see how fast it will go with full game (AI and player control).

I'm guessing that to make it 50fps pixel by pixel it'll be moving right only, reg 3 for some smoothing and then more than 1 screen for the pixel offset.

Looks nice. They need to change the graphics though...

"it's a me, roland".  :laugh:

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Joseman

Quote from: roudoudou on 07:20, 13 June 17

Half of the screen is score board (won't scroll) or pure border (won't scroll too). Anyway the border is not the "screen"

The game area looks like a 16K screen (192*170) so there is no need to set overscan bit too (overscan means 32K video page)

On the other hand, i'm sure there is a nice split-screen between score board and game area.  ;)

I'm just traslating what they said on his tweeter account.

I prefer not to speculate on the subject until some of the members of Batman Group tell us the details.

Maniac

I'd quite like to follow them on Twitter! What is their Twitter name please?

ervin

beb

Great !
Look like 16kb screen, with the same  "Super Edge Grinder" scroller technics.

Nice to see a new game...
Sad to see another "rip off"... 
(another game adaptation, another graphic adaptation, another music adaptation...)
>> Oldskool Rules // Asic Suxx <<

Joseman

Quote from: beb on 15:01, 13 June 17

Sad to see another "rip off"... 

If you say it for the mario bros graphics, personally i've been waiting for a NES/Snes Mario Bros Game adaptation on CPC for decades!!!

I'll pay whatever they want for a Mario bros game with this graphics/engine!!

beb

I understand. I don't want to blame someone making a good game.
I prefer seeing original material. Because lot of people are making "mockup" or adaptation today.
>> Oldskool Rules // Asic Suxx <<

Rhino

Hi!

I did not expect any of this to come to light at such an early stage of development, but our community manager is a very active and restless guy :) So, this is the story of those screenshots:

A colleague from another group asked me a couple of weeks ago for a horizontal scrolling routine, so I started to think about possibilities of doing it pixel by pixel at 50 fps for 64kb of RAM and a large screen size.

A couple of days ago there was a meeting of Batman Group members in my house and I showed what I am working these days.
My idea is to dedicate a few more days to complete a small engine for games with horizontal scroll at multiple speeds in both directions, and back with Pinball Dreams ASAP.

The game for which I am doing this will be not a BG game, nor a Mario conversion, that is just a test skin.

Regards!

Gryzor

Even more promising then! I kinda hate Mario 😁

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

VincentGR

Cholo

Supha Roland Wurlde!

Wait a second, what came first .. the amstrad crocodile mascot or marios Yoshi? Someone inform Sir Alan that he should sue Nintendont for ripping off the amstrad crocodile  :P

roudoudou

Quote from: Rhino on 17:29, 13 June 17
Hi!

I did not expect any of this to come to light at such an early stage of development, but our community manager is a very active and restless guy :) So, this is the story of those screenshots:

A colleague from another group asked me a couple of weeks ago for a horizontal scrolling routine, so I started to think about possibilities of doing it pixel by pixel at 50 fps for 64kb of RAM and a large screen size.

A couple of days ago there was a meeting of Batman Group members in my house and I showed what I am working these days.
My idea is to dedicate a few more days to complete a small engine for games with horizontal scroll at multiple speeds in both directions, and back with Pinball Dreams ASAP.

The game for which I am doing this will be not a BG game, nor a Mario conversion, that is just a test skin.

Regards!

Thanks for the explanations  8)

andycadley

Sounds cool. And the Mario map just looks so good as a test case, it's one of the reasons I used it when testing my Plus scrolling engine. It looks very pretty for the classic hardware though. :-)

ivarf

Quote from: andycadley on 23:37, 13 June 17
Sounds cool. And the Mario map just looks so good as a test case, it's one of the reasons I used it when testing my Plus scrolling engine. It looks very pretty for the classic hardware though. :-)

The CPC already has the same strong colours as Segas consoles Surprisingly it can do graphics of the same quality as the Sega master system too. Thumbsup!

dlfrsilver

Hi!

Regards!

Hello Rhino :)

That's really awesome, so the classic CPC is able to do full screen/overscan in 50 fps pixel per pixel scroll ? doh !

Rhino

Quote from: dlfrsilver on 11:03, 15 June 17

Hello Rhino :)

That's really awesome, so the classic CPC is able to do full screen/overscan in 50 fps pixel per pixel scroll ? doh !

We have still seen very little of what the CPC can do  :)

dlfrsilver

Quote from: Rhino on 00:51, 17 June 17
We have still seen very little of what the CPC can do  :)

the c64 folks are going to be VERY angry about that  :laugh:  !

Beware ! XD