News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Battlezone

Started by Vyper68, 16:13, 23 February 18

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyper68

Hi
Can someone give me some reccomendations for a Battlezone tank type game? - New or Old - English or EU/ROW

The only one i have found is a game by Design Design called Battle Tank Simulator and it's not great. I was thinking something more like 3D Tank Duel on the Spectrum of Encounter! on the 800XL

Thanks.
Paul Woakes - Genius & Programmer

Thank you for Mercenary Paul

Carnivius

aw, Battle Tank Simulator is Tankbusters isn't it?  I kinda liked that when I got it on an Amstrad Action tape and I wasn't usually into that kind of game.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

ComSoft6128

Nich Campbell was kind enough to point me in the right direction - it is Tank Busters

Vyper68

Quote from: Carnivius on 16:38, 23 February 18
aw, Battle Tank Simulator is Tankbusters isn't it?  I kinda liked that when I got it on an Amstrad Action tape and I wasn't usually into that kind of game.

It's weird the game was called Tank Busters then re-released as Battle Tank Simulator if you go to WOS to look for a .TZX or .TAP the .TZX for 3D Tank Duel is as i remember it. The .TAP file loads up as Battle Tank Simulator but is, after that Splash Screen 3D Tank Duel.
So a game re-released later on is called Battle Tank Simulator but the game used is different on Spectrum and CPC platforms -  ??? ???

Battle Command and Moon Blaster repeats the game concept of Battlezone too.

Vyper68

Quote from: 6128 on 09:16, 24 February 18
Battle Command and Moon Blaster repeats the game concept of Battlezone too.

Thanks i will check them out - they look promising :D