Looking for games disc that was shipped in Australasia with new 6128 computers

Started by themal, 11:29, 19 March 09

Previous topic - Next topic

themal

:-\  Hoping someone can help me identify a games disc that originally shipped with a new CPC6128 in australasia / asia pacific (and specifically a game that was on it).  In addition to the 4 "system" discs that shipped (with CPC+ and Logo etc), there was also a Welcome disc (which I have since found), a demo disc which had game demos etc (one of which was Roland in Time), and a games disc (or possibly 2 games discs) which had a bunch of Amsoft games on it.  My memory has let me down everytime I have tried to search for the game or disk but I am certain I remember the disc had Invaders (a rip of space invaders) and a handful of other Amsoft games.  The particular game I am looking for was a simple one screen platformer (with laders etc seperating the varous platforms), was set in the 15 color mode (mode 2?) and I was sure it was called "Panic".  You played a little humanoid, and had to collect pickups whilst avoiding baddies that were on set patrols.  I can remember what it looked like and sounded like and everything but just can't find the game or disc no matter how I try to search for it.  I have checked the Amsoft games list on this wiki but the game is not on the list.  Any assistance anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated .... long live the CPC!!!

voXfReaX

Quote from: themal on 11:29, 19 March 09
:-\  Hoping someone can help me identify a games disc that originally shipped with a new CPC6128 in australasia / asia pacific (and specifically a game that was on it).  In addition to the 4 "system" discs that shipped (with CPC+ and Logo etc), there was also a Welcome disc (which I have since found), a demo disc which had game demos etc (one of which was Roland in Time), and a games disc (or possibly 2 games discs) which had a bunch of Amsoft games on it.  My memory has let me down everytime I have tried to search for the game or disk but I am certain I remember the disc had Invaders (a rip of space invaders) and a handful of other Amsoft games.  The particular game I am looking for was a simple one screen platformer (with laders etc seperating the varous platforms), was set in the 15 color mode (mode 2?) and I was sure it was called "Panic".  You played a little humanoid, and had to collect pickups whilst avoiding baddies that were on set patrols.  I can remember what it looked like and sounded like and everything but just can't find the game or disc no matter how I try to search for it.  I have checked the Amsoft games list on this wiki but the game is not on the list.  Any assistance anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated .... long live the CPC!!!

Hello!
I did some research for you and I found nothing about a Panic game! I checked on TACGR, Nich's game-reviews and Phoenix Informatique!
You can have a look at this site http://www.phenixinformatique.com/CPCGAMES/index.php?page=jeux

At "editeur" drop-down list, select "Amsoft", to view every Amsoft game available! If you leave the cursor at the link of a game, you are able to see a screen of the game. I hope I helped you man!

voxfreax

ps. you can check also here!

http://tacgr.emuunlim.com/

or

http://www.cpcgamereviews.com/

Johnny OLsen

Dizrythmia

When I bought my first 6128 brand new in 1988 I only got the 2 system discs. I remember being quite annoyed & my parents taking me to buy a 6 pack that had Into the Eagles Nest, Ace, Shockway Rider, Internation Karate 1 & 2, Batty & something else...

But yeah, if it came with a game it was either before or after then. My guess would be before 1988 as you couldn't buy games in Australia for long after that unless it was through TAU.

mahlemiut

I remember getting the demo disk, with the Roland in Time demo, and the bunch of Amsoft games (Roland Ahoy!, Roland in the Caves, Roland Goes Digging, Oh Mummy!, Haunted Hedges, plus a number of others).  This was back around 1986 or so, I think.  CPC software was readily available.  CPC-specific hardware, was another matter. :)
- Barry Rodewald