News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Bubble Bobble remake? (BB4CPC)

Started by Xyphoe, 06:54, 05 January 11

Previous topic - Next topic

MacDeath

Will this be Disk or tape version ?

I know he's a lot into Tapes...

:o ;D

Those spanish and their strange fetishes...

But on the other hand a .wave or MP3 Tape version would be quite good excuse for me to re-use my CPC464...

Devilmarkus

And here we see Mac Death sorting his CPC-tapes:
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

fano

I hope it will released today , i especially quit my job later  :D
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

MaV

Quote from: MacDeath on 13:20, 08 November 11
"Ave Caesar, luducii te salutent."

What's that? "Hail Cesar, men called Luducius would greet you!"

"salutent" is 3rd person present active and what? No not indicative! ( /me draws sword ) :D Yes, subjunctive (or actually better in Latin: coniunctivus). And the correct indicative form is? salutant ( ... and player is lusor in Latin, consonant declination)

So the correct form must be:

Ave Caesar, lusores te salutant!

Duck and away!
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

arnoldemu

Quote from: MacDeath on 12:46, 08 November 11
Sorry but "C64 vs CPC" should be plitted into a different topic.
Yes, this document is not complete. It should go onto wiki and then we can all update it.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

tastefulmrship

Quote from: MacDeath on 13:20, 08 November 11
Well, quite normal from an Italian (according o your flag...
Hey, where is your brick ? ;)
It's the Irish flag, (that's supposed to be gold, not red, though it's dang close)... and I'll leave it to the man himself to tell you what has happened to the brick!
http://www.myspace.com/video/mike/i-love-my-brick/5262587

EDIT: And a choice between briiiiiiiick and HoH is simply no contest! HoH wins every time!

TFM

Link doesn't work :(

Edit: Tried in IE9, 32&64 bit
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MacDeath

Ludus... game...

So i guess Luducii = those who are gonna play...

But Latin declension are not my cup of tea.

But you know I'm french so mostly Germanic language, not even an ounce of Latin remains in my language.

Well, not a lot actually... Germans and their declensions too... seriously, why so declensed ?

Declensions ? in 21st century ? I hope you don't !

QuoteIt's the Irish flag, (that's supposed to be gold, not red, though it's dang close)...
Seriously ?
I believed you were french but with a broken RGB values on your monitor...
Like, a bit too much of yellow into your Blue and Red...

sort of. ;D

fano

We'll have to wait a little bit more :

QuoteP.S.: November 8th ended two hours ago, it was such a terrible idea to rewrite the enemies' artificial intelligence functions... With some luck I'll complete them tomorrow 9th and I'll distribute the first copies.
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

Xyphoe

Hey guys, I've been chatting to Cesar tonight just initially to let him know about this topic to make him aware if not. He's now posted an update to his site.

Basically he wanted it released on the 8th to coincide with the 25th anniversary of the world wide release of this game and conversion, however has found a few bugs with enemy AI which would have made the game look rather bad - best to sort this now than later.

It's not like these modern games where patches are released almost weekly or on the day of the release (eg Dead Island, with a massive patch and bug fix on the day of release!) ... once the disk is out there ... it's out there! ;)

*edit* Ah damnit, Fano beat me to it ... I wrote this out hours ago and forgot to post it after getting distracted!

Gryzor

So we're near the release :) better sage than sorry, surely. Let's wait a bit more!

If he's still looking for beta testers, please someone tell him I'm willing to pay for it :)

tastefulmrship

Quote from: Gryzor on 10:51, 09 November 11
So we're near the release :) better sage than sorry, surely.
I'm more of a Rosemary fan, myself. Goes better with potatoes and various meatstuffs!

However, CURIOSITY: I wonder if this remake will have BOTH endings? I always like games with multiple endings... it gives you something to work for!

ervin

And... it's finished!!!
YIPPEE!!!

(Not yet released though).
http://cngsoft.no-ip.org/index.html?lang=1

Gryzor

QuoteUnfortunately, right now I'm locked in my bedroom, with minimal wireless Internet availability,

Darn, how much bandwidth do you need to upload a dsk image? :D

Ah well, I guess today will be the day... can't wait!!!!! I'll just drink some sage to calm down the excitement till it's done :)

TFM

IIReadIC then they start the "heavy-testing-to-find-the-last-but" phase. That can take a day or a very long time - depending if debugging is needed and how long it will take... So good luck for BB!!!
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MacDeath

provided there are quite 100levels this can be quite long to test them too and may even need a progamer...

I for example wouldn't be able to test more than the 5 first level, and not being able to go further more as I now suck deeply at arcade games... :-[

Gryzor

Xyphoe

Hey guys,

Please be patient! It needs to be right, and if that takes more days or weeks then we should wait - once the disk is out there with bugs and problems it's too late then.

I too have been doing some playtesting and found a few minor things (such as the 'continue' system not there and high scores not being recorded) so there's a few little things to adjust at least first.

mahlemiut

I'm here if any more testers are needed... ;D
- Barry Rodewald

mr_lou

I'm also available for betatesting. Have played quite a lot of arcade Bubble Bobble in my life. Mail me a DSK to mr_lou@vip.cybercity.dk if you want.

EDIT: And my CPC is a 464 with 128 kb ram.

MacDeath

If all of you are beta tester, then there is no point to delay the realease as every potential users would be already Beta testers ... ;D

where would be the surprise ?

TFM

Quote from: MacDeath on 21:54, 15 November 11
If all of you are beta tester, then there is no point to delay the realease as every potential users would be already Beta testers ... ;D

where would be the surprise ?

Well right, so there is no point at all to delay the release. If anyone can download and play it you will have the most beta tester :-D

BTW: Does anybody already know the difference to the commercial version?
TFM of FutureSoft

mr_lou

I don't care if I betatest or not. I just think I'd be really good at it with this game. But it's probably better for the developer if I'm not. I'm really really picky about details, and was hugely disappointed by the original Amstrad CPC version. It was like playing a completely different game. So I'd probably just give the developer a headache in this case.  ;)

I don't think you can have too many betatesters when developing a game. Any feedback is good. When we develop games in LuBlu, we usually have about 10-15 betatesters. I wouldn't mind having 30-40 of them.

mahlemiut

What mr_lou said. :)

I used to play the arcade version of Bubble Bobble loads, and know some of the finer details of the game (like how to force a potion to appear in round 4).

I wonder if the 5 round fireball bubble has been added, haven't seen that in any other version before (although it's so rare, it's hard to tell)...
- Barry Rodewald

TFM

You both guys will be cordially invited to beta-test my next game. That's 2012 or so :-)
TFM of FutureSoft