News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Bubble Bobble remake? (BB4CPC)

Started by Xyphoe, 06:54, 05 January 11

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_lou

Yes, you're wrong.

Yellow = Shoot lots more bubbles
Pink = Shoot longer bubbles
Blue = Shoot faster bubbles

Axelay

Quote from: jbaudrand on 10:44, 08 January 12
Ok, and more strange thing is that the joystick only have two fire buttons and an autofire, so I really wonder why there's a fire 3 always set to  ON.
As far as I can remember these kind of joystick were sold by Tandy in France.

TFM/TS: Is there a special reason why programmer doens't use the same joystick detection code? for example, is bubble Bobble or Star sabre (cos a got strange result too) code save more cycle why the old fashion way of coding, or is it.. ^^ laziness?

Just with autofire turned on, or all the time?  I ask because none of the joysticks with an autofire feature I have come across were compatible with the CPC.  They just stopped fire working at all.

Scanning the keyboard and acting on only the bits you are concerned with is pretty straight forward, so I dont see how the state of fire 3 would matter to the code one way or another at the software level in Star Sabre, it is not used, and each bit is checked individually.  Only thing I can think of would be if the joystick is doing something to mess up the other inputs at a hardware level, but then it shouldn't work under the firmware either.

Gryzor

Played it for quite a bit today. Not much I can say, it's an amazing release, it kept me coming back for more!
Damn, now I wanna go back and play again!

Ace

Quote from: cngsoftI've already published two versions of BB4CPC, and thanks to the comments and suggestions from you all I'm preparing a third release with a big, BIG surprise.
What will it be? You'll see, you'll see...

jbaudrand

:( I've just  found my good old "zipstick" at my parent's home, I retype TFM/FS program, it show 0. all direction are functionnal under basic. But in game I can't jump, the upper direction doesn't work.
So Am I cursed?

TFM

Well, not you for sure. But don't ask me what instead? This is a mystery.

SEGA Megadrive / Genesis - Mystery / Unknown Joystick?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

jbaudrand

this is a pic from a zipstick
http://postimage.org/image/6lp6udm85/

:) I'll give a try with keyboard.

beaker

I was just wondering, rather than do more remakes, how hard would it be to take the BB4CPC code and create a CPC version of Don Doko Don (also by Taito) as it was never released on the CPC? I've played the PC Engine version and it's great  ;D

Don doko Don - pc engine (1990)

cngsoft

Hello everyone! BB4CPC v3 is finally out, it includes a plethora of bugfixes and improvements, including a third game mode (Ultra Mode, for the bravest only!) and the widely requested feature of baddies beginning to move in waves rather than all at once.

Get it from http://cngsoft.no-ip.org/cng_bb4cpc.htm while it's hot! :-)
(if you can't see the banner right now my server is currently offline)

ukmarkh

Quote from: cngsoft on 13:50, 12 March 12
Hello everyone! BB4CPC v3 is finally out, it includes a plethora of bugfixes and improvements, including a third game mode (Ultra Mode, for the bravest only!) and the widely requested feature of baddies beginning to move in waves rather than all at once.

Get it from http://cngsoft.no-ip.org/cng_bb4cpc.htm while it's hot! :-)

Amazing... you've listened to feedback, and delivered an even better experience. I love this game so much, and a big thank you to all involved. When can I buy this version on disk with case???

Gryzor

Damn I'm at work!!! Need to play it... Waves are a seriousy nice addition. Thanks!

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 16:15, 12 March 12
Damn I'm at work!!! Need to play it...

Same prob here...
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Cholo

Thanks! This game is really a patch on my soul  ;)

Metr

¡Olé! Great job César! You finally created the greatest version! :)

TFM

Indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CNG Soft rulez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TFM of FutureSoft

Paul

Hi, just learnt about this through Retro Gamer and itching to give it a play!.  The official site/link appears to be down.  I've been searching the net and found this thread.  I just wondered if anyone knew if this has been mirrored anywhere else?! Cheers!

Devilmarkus

I'm sure, the server is just temporary offline.
CNGSoft hosts his stuff on his own PC and perhaps he's not online actually?
Mirror:
bubble bobble 4 cpc &copy _public_domain_ (2011)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Gryzor

Or, for your convenience, attached here.

You're in for a treat!

Paul

Thanks all, very much appreciated! I'm off for a play now! Cheers!

Carnivius

Quote from: TFM/FS on 02:34, 06 February 12
Well, not you for sure. But don't ask me what instead? This is a mystery.

SEGA Megadrive / Genesis - Mystery / Unknown Joystick?

That looks exactly like the joystick I had for my CPC and Amiga though mine was definitely manufactured by Cheetah
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

dragon

Hi, I tried load de tape versión in my two 464 and my 6128.But it not works.It load the entire progress bar.But the game not start,and the tape no stops.But it works in the winape :S.

Finally after I move a azimut up and down.I break  the screw. :P.And the screw not work in one of the 464.I use a mp3 player/pc with tape adaptador.

Someone tried the image on the tape version in a real CPC.?

cngsoft

Quote from: dragon on 16:31, 17 June 12Hi, I tried load de tape versión in my two 464 and my 6128.But it not works.It load the entire progress bar.But the game not start,and the tape no stops.But it works in the winape :S.

Finally after I move a azimut up and down.I break  the screw. :P .And the screw not work in one of the 464.I use a mp3 player/pc with tape adaptador.

Great work breaking the screw, man  >:( The turbo loader of BB4CPC works at very high frequencies and it won't record well on tapes unless you can generate a crystal clear sample.
Not that it matters much, I intend to rerelease BB4CPC in the near future with a couple of minor bugfixes and a totally different, slower yet less demanding tape encoding.
(by the way, you're from Spain, aren't you? Just curious, because of the "adaptador" bit)
(if you can't see the banner right now my server is currently offline)

ralferoo

Heh, and "versión" is a good clue too... ;)

FWIW, I've played this on my real 464 with a tape adaptor and it was all fine. Great conversion, and it's so fun it's become my standard test program for my FPGA work because then I can get a few minutes playing every time I test out a new feature (not great for productivity though)!

trocoloco

Quote from: dragon on 16:31, 17 June 12
Hi, I tried load de tape versión in my two 464 and my 6128.But it not works.It load the entire progress bar.But the game not start,and the tape no stops.But it works in the winape :S.

Finally after I move a azimut up and down.I break  the screw. :P .And the screw not work in one of the 464.I use a mp3 player/pc with tape adaptador.

I have recorded it in real tape. The first try I used VLC to play the wav, but it didnt work because the program,equalization, but then the second time I did use Audacity and it works flawlessly.

Give it a try

dragon

QuoteGreat work breaking the screw, man  >:( The turbo loader of BB4CPC works at very high frequencies and it won't record well on tapes unless you can generate a crystal clear sample.
Not that it matters much, I intend to rerelease BB4CPC in the near future with a couple of minor bugfixes and a totally different, slower yet less demanding tape encoding.
(by the way, you're from Spain, aren't you? Just curious, because of the "adaptador" bit)

Yeah,I spanish,is a tape adapter :sorry  D.Sometimes my english fault.(I practice en cpcwiki jeje).

Not worry about the screw.I'ts my cpc repaired In One meeting amstrad spanish user group(cassette exchange).I live near madrid,so no problem.Anyway, I have to take them my ctm 644 broken.And all my tape games.To scan what they want.

My problem,is I change the power supply on the pc(without fdd connector)..So I can't transfer the BB4cpc to disk until my molex splitter-> fdd cable arrive.Only tape : (.

QuoteI have recorded it in real tape. The first try I used VLC to play the wav, but it didnt work because the program,equalization, but then the second time I did use Audacity and it works flawlessly.

Give it a try

Hey,I use vlc,which configuration you use?