News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CHASE HQ 2 cart

Started by cpc4eva, 19:31, 08 June 09

Previous topic - Next topic

cpc4eva

was Chase Hq 2 cpc cart fact or fantasy ??  if it was fact is there a dsk to download and play ???

dlfrsilver

There is only 1 english guy who is the lucky owner of the only known copy..... And no download for it :(

cpc4eva

no dsk at all???

any chance of some screenshots ??

ukmarkh

Retro Gamer went to the guys house, did a full feature on the game and reviewed it, gave it something like 72%... they took several screenshots. 

Ygdrazil

Hi

Sounds very interesting.

After visting the Retro Gamer site i cannot find any links to a Chase HQ II review.

Is this an article to be published or has it already been done?

A link would be very nice!!

/Ygdrazil

PS. This cartridge should be dumped!

Quote from: ukmarkh on 12:01, 09 June 09
Retro Gamer went to the guys house, did a full feature on the game and reviewed it, gave it something like 72%... they took several screenshots.

ukmarkh

You'll have to buy the back issue mag from ebay or something... unless someone would be kind enough to scan the article for you?

Quote from: Ygdrazil on 17:11, 09 June 09
Hi

Sounds very interesting.

After visting the Retro Gamer site i cannot find any links to a Chase HQ II review.

Is this an article to be published or has it already been done?

A link would be very nice!!

/Ygdrazil

PS. This cartridge should be dumped!

Cholo

I think Xyphoes site gx4000.co.uk has most information on the game. Some pictures and scans of articles too:
http://gx4000.co.uk/gamebase/games.php?game=specialcriminalinvestigations

Duffman

I was just reading that RG article the other day. I've uploaded images of the article to my Photobucket account. You can access the album here: http://s650.photobucket.com/albums/uu229/DuffmanRetro78/
Keeping it retro. Oh, yeah!

Gryzor

Why do the jpgs from the PDF look so bad?

ukmarkh

I'm afraid I'm still firmly wearing my tin hat when it comes to ChaseHQ2 on the GX4000... it's a bit like the moon landing I spose, some beleive, others don't. Incidently, I do think we landed on the moon.

Duffman

Quote from: Gryzor on 19:07, 13 June 09
Why do the jpgs from the PDF look so bad?
The guys behind the RG CD decided to have the PDF mags with really low quality - I think it's as low as 75dpi.
Keeping it retro. Oh, yeah!

eliot

Hi,
I've already explained it on CPCZONE : there a way to catch a game from a CPC+/GX4000 cartridge without any damage by using the following hardware created by RAM7 (also creator of the RAMCARD) on a CPC 6128 PLUS.   

http://cpcrulez.fr/hardware_extention_cartouches.htm
http://amstradcpc.info/
photos of this hardware working in the section Photos : Meeting CPC ROOM http://amstradcpc.vivasitei.com/cpcroom/images/DSCF3883.JPG

Only 3 pieces of this hardware have been built. 
The hardware has a 512 Kb memory and can contain 4 games that the player can select with the red switches.
If a game is present in the CPC's cartridge port, the hardware enables to boot in Basic and to load a program from disc to make the copy (.CPR or .BIN from and to disc) and to verify if the files on disc are similar with the cartridge. Of course, it requires to have a 6128 PLUS, not a GX 4000 !  :D
On CPCZONE, I've proposed several times to send my hardware to the CHASE HQ 2's owner but without any anwser !!!  ???
So till now, the only sure thing is that the hardware by RAM7 exists...  ;D

ukmarkh

Quote from: eliot on 15:38, 20 June 09
Hi,
I've already explained it on CPCZONE : there a way to catch a game from a CPC+/GX4000 cartridge without any damage by using the following hardware created by RAM7 (also creator of the RAMCARD) on a CPC 6128 PLUS.   

http://cpcrulez.fr/hardware_extention_cartouches.htm
http://amstradcpc.info/
photos of this hardware working in the section Photos : Meeting CPC ROOM http://amstradcpc.vivasitei.com/cpcroom/images/DSCF3883.JPG

Only 3 pieces of this hardware have been built.
The hardware has a 512 Kb memory and can contain 4 games that the player can select with the red switches.
If a game is present in the CPC's cartridge port, the hardware enables to boot in Basic and to load a program from disc to make the copy (.CPR or .BIN from and to disc) and to verify if the files on disc are similar with the cartridge. Of course, it requires to have a 6128 PLUS, not a GX 4000 !  :D
On CPCZONE, I've proposed several times to send my hardware to the CHASE HQ 2's owner but without any anwser !!!  ???
So till now, the only sure thing is that the hardware by RAM7 exists...  ;D

It's not like I live a million miles from him either, If I had the kit I'd go and see him. Can you send photo's details of the device, If I can build one... then I'd go and arrange to see him.

eliot

Quote from: ukmarkh on 17:29, 20 June 09
It's not like I live a million miles from him either, If I had the kit I'd go and see him. Can you send photo's details of the device, If I can build one... then I'd go and arrange to see him.
Hi,

It's not a problem for me to send the hardware to you (as I could also have sent it to the game's owner). You just have to be sure to have a perfect drive (3.5" will be probably better!) to do the catching... ;) 

Eliot

Barty

****eliot ---- ukmarkh****

It seems to have a final issue with your help !!!
It was too long time that we talk about Chase HQ 2
So please please please please please please......
it seems too to be easy :

1/ eliot send RAM7 hardware
2/ ukmarkh make the backup
and 3/ all the CPC comunity thank eliot ukmarkh and the owner of CHQ2 to have many years after the chance to play for the first time this (unereleased ?) game.

It seems so so so so easy when I read your post, that I cant imagine it cant be done.

I want to thank you in advance for your effort.

ukmarkh

Quote from: eliot on 23:04, 22 June 09
Hi,

It's not a problem for me to send the hardware to you (as I could also have sent it to the game's owner). You just have to be sure to have a perfect drive (3.5" will be probably better!) to do the catching... ;)

Eliot

That's cool... I have a working 3.5" drive connected both to my 128 Plus and external. I'll now contact the relevant people to arrange getting the game transferred.

Cheers Eliot

Gryzor

Barty, please do sign up for a normal account instead of posting as a guest.... Because I must approve every post of yours when it's made under a guest account.

Cheers
Gryzor

ukmarkh

Just to let you guys know, I've been in touch with Darren from RetoGamer, he pointed me in the direction of Mart, the guy that did the interview and review for ChaseHq 2 and now I'm currently waiting for feedback from James, the owner of the elusive cart. Wish me luck.

Eliot, if we could swap details then that'd be good... things are already looking promising.

Xyphoe

Hi Mark,

Good work chap - keep me informed also and I'll put updates/news up on gx4000.co.uk (it needs updating with something anyway!!). A high resolution scan of the Retro Gamer article via a link is on the same Chase HQ 2 page that was linked to earlier btw...

cpc4eva

any news with chase hq 2 ???

i know its been a while is it still alive >??

hawe a .dsk version as yet ?

ukmarkh

Nothing yet... the chap that owns it hardly ever goes online so I've been given his address and recently sent him a letter.

Gryzor

The old-fashioned way... do keep us posted!

MacDeath

Just stalk him and lurk behind his bed !

cpc4eva

if this person was genuine and has it you would think he would post it on youtube ? or has he already done that ?

ukmarkh

I spoke with the guy that did the review for Retro Gamer... Martyn, It's real alright! Martyn has the mobile number for James, so just awaiting further instructions. I've also sent Martyn another email recently just to check up on things.

I left it a while as this situation is delicate, and I didn't want him to become sick and tired of people calling him. Rest assured, if the cart does exist - it'll be with us shortly.