News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Cheats for Split Personalities and Navy SEALs

Started by DrMoffet, 21:55, 26 March 11

Previous topic - Next topic

DrMoffet

Anyone have any cheats for Split Personalities (Disk) and Navy SEALs (Cart)?

cpc4eva

what version do u have of split personalities ?

dude split personalities has inf lives, inf time, start level etc cheats in game

as for navy seals cheats were published in AA118

NAVY SEALS –Cartridge  poked by cpc4eva
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

INF TIME       365D   00
INF LIVES      09BE   00

NAVY SEALS – cpc cartridge (poked by badbeard - world of speccy forums)

[size=0pt]09be,0 inf lives
  3949,0 & 0914,c9 inf energy
  3664,0 & 0976,18 inf time
  17d1,b7 & 17fd,0 inf bullets
  3526,c9 no harm from bullets
  3af1,c9 no harm from lifts
  807d,x where x is how many bombs you want to set on the stingers. Setting it to  1 will make a level end quick!

warp
  8d5e,00-26 horizontal position
  8d5f,00-50 vertical position

you can also warp around the screen for instance if you get stuck at the bottom  of the lift shaft or need to climb higher without jumping.
[/size]

viddi

Yeah, this is an awesome longplay. :)
Well done, mate.

Xyphoe

Quote from: cpc4eva on 19:48, 29 March 11

as for navy seals cheats were published in AA118

NAVY SEALS –Cartridge  poked by cpc4eva
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

INF TIME       365D   00
INF LIVES      09BE   00

NAVY SEALS – cpc cartridge (poked by badbeard - world of speccy forums)

[size=0pt]09be,0 inf lives
  3949,0 & 0914,c9 inf energy
  3664,0 & 0976,18 inf time
  17d1,b7 & 17fd,0 inf bullets
  3526,c9 no harm from bullets
  3af1,c9 no harm from lifts
  807d,x where x is how many bombs you want to set on the stingers. Setting it to  1 will make a level end quick!

warp
  8d5e,00-26 horizontal position
  8d5f,00-50 vertical position

you can also warp around the screen for instance if you get stuck at the bottom  of the lift shaft or need to climb higher without jumping.
[/size]

Dude! Can I add these pokes to the gx4000.co.uk site? I'm missing them for Navy Seals ... I think we lost a whole bunch of cheats and pokes that were done when the CPC Zone site went bye-bye  ::)

Xyphoe

Quote from: viddi on 20:38, 31 March 11
Yeah, this is an awesome longplay. :)
Well done, mate.

Thank you sir!

I still standby its a damn good game, you just need a lot of practice at the levels.

cpc4eva

Quote from: Xyphoe on 20:42, 31 March 11
Dude! Can I add these pokes to the gx4000.co.uk site? I'm missing them for Navy Seals ... I think we lost a whole bunch of cheats and pokes that were done when the CPC Zone site went bye-bye  ::)

of course you can use them for the GX4000.co.uk site,  Xyphoe, dude :)

i think i have some more pokes for the cart games so feel free to use them / publish them.  If you can't wait for me to get back to you have a look at AA118 tribute mag im sure the cartridge pokes are in there.

Quote from: Xyphoe on 20:43, 31 March 11
Thank you sir!

I still standby its a damn good game, you just need a lot of practice at the levels.

so much practice indeed so many times i played and died so suddenly -  it took me a long time to appreciate how good navy seals is because of the very hard difficulty factor.  Fantastic really amazing and great showcase of cpc limits and capabilities the game played very smooth and lots of neat things with large sprites you wouldn't normally see in most cpc games......

DrMoffet

Thanks for the reply!  :) For Split Personalities I'm using "Split Personalities (1986)(Domark)[cr SAS Soft]" from the TOSEC collection. As for Navy SEALs, I did complete it back in the day, but how do I use pokes with a cart? I've only seen tape and disk pokes before.  :-[

Gryzor

Quote from: DrMoffet on 20:22, 05 April 11
Thanks for the reply!  :) For Split Personalities I'm using "Split Personalities (1986)(Domark)[cr SAS Soft]" from the TOSEC collection. As for Navy SEALs, I did complete it back in the day, but how do I use pokes with a cart? I've only seen tape and disk pokes before.  :-[

CPC-Power does have the pokes in a more readable format: http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&onglet=dsk&num=3563

arnoldemu

Quote from: DrMoffet on 20:22, 05 April 11
I'm not completely sure, but I can see two ways.

1 is to run the game and poke the memory as it runs using an emu.

The other would be to convert cpr to bin, patch the binary, and then convert back to cpr (if using an emu).
*OR* convert cpr to bin, patch the binary and make a new cart.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

redbox

Quote from: Xyphoe on 20:32, 31 March 11
I've done a longplay ages ago for Navy Seals on my YouTube channel, this might help you beat the game without cheats -

This is so awesome it hurts  :)

Gryzor

Quote from: arnoldemu on 09:22, 06 April 11
1 is to run the game and poke the memory as it runs using an emu.

Hm, anyone can help with Winape and pokes?

EgoTrip

Navy Seals looks amazing. Such a shame the GX4000/Plus range was introduced so late, if it was released in the late 80's it would have been a different story.

DrMoffet

Quote from: Gryzor on 15:19, 06 April 11
Hm, anyone can help with Winape and pokes?

I got the Navy SEALs infinite time poke working  :D

Load up the cart in WinAPE, then press F7. In the bottom-left data window, scroll to line 3650. Counting in hex from the left, you should see that 365D holds the value 35. Change it to 00.

Gryzor

Hmmm it didn't occur to me to poke directly the memory (duh!), I was trying to get the Poke system to work. However, I did change 365D to 00 and I die as usual... :( Weird. Do I have to do anything else with the Debugger?

DrMoffet

The example I gave was just for infinite time, I haven't tried the lives poke yet. I think a CPC gaming day is in order tomorrow.  :)

Gryzor

Erm, duh. I thought you wrote about inf. lives. But it's the same principle, so I'll try for the lives cheat :)

Gryzor

Here you go, patched for infinite time, energy, lives. Now let's finish this at last :D