Author Topic: Looking for any interview or articles Regarding Paul Shirley ,Mission Genocide.  (Read 461 times)

Offline Puresox

• 6128 Plus
  • Liked: 234
Just watching Shadows Nose compare vid for 'Warhawk' Which compared favourably  surprisingly for a vertical shooter. Got me interested in looking at 'Mission Genocide' a superb vert Shum, Is the technique the same as MGenocide?  Had to go and watch Mission Genocide again and just blows me away what a great piece of work this was . Really would love to read up on any info related if poss . Just think of the Shumps we could have had of quality ,if the technigues had been exploited or understood and utilised by others.

Offline fgbrain

• CPC6128
    • index.php?action=treasury
    • Chaos CPC Homepage
  • Liked: 72
_____

6128 (UK keyboard, Crtc type 0/2), 6128+ (UK keyboard), 3.5" and 5.25" drives, Reset switch and Digiblaster (selfmade), Inicron Romram box, Bryce Megaflash, SVideo & PS/2 mouse, , Magnum Lightgun, X-MEM, X4 Board, C4CPC, Multiface2 X4 and RTC X4.

Offline EgoTrip

• 6128 Plus
    • http://egochip.blogspot.co.uk/
  • Liked: 597

Offline arnoldemu

• 6128 Plus
    • Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource
  • Liked: 1861
Just watching Shadows Nose compare vid for 'Warhawk' Which compared favourably  surprisingly for a vertical shooter. Got me interested in looking at 'Mission Genocide' a superb vert Shum, Is the technique the same as MGenocide?  Had to go and watch Mission Genocide again and just blows me away what a great piece of work this was . Really would love to read up on any info related if poss . Just think of the Shumps we could have had of quality ,if the technigues had been exploited or understood and utilised by others.

scolling code is IDENTICAL in both I checked.

The technique is rupture. It seems Paul Shirley was the first as far as games are concerned. Not sure about demos.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Offline Duke

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
    • spinpoint.org
  • Liked: 505
Not sure about demos.
Think N.W.C's Final Creation was the first (1988), iirc. or maybe Longshot made one before.

Offline Puresox

• 6128 Plus
  • Liked: 234
seems you didnt check out its wiki page:

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Mission_Genocide
I did actually ,  And I could spend my life not talking to anyone if I wanted , seeing as though you can google everything . If I wanted.

Offline dcdrac

• 6128 Plus
  • Liked: 204
Think there was an Amstrad Action or ACU interview with him once