News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Classical music in Amstrad CPC games?

Started by mr_lou, 13:41, 10 August 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

Quote from: MaV on 17:43, 14 August 17
Hm, sounds a lot like Bach. His style is usually very distinctive, compare it to parts of the Goldberg Variations or the Brandenburg Concertos for example. Someone with a deeper knowledge of his works might know it (or that I'm in fact wrong and it's someone else's work.)

I don't have a "deeper knowledge" of Bach, but I do listen to a lot of classical music...

Tempest title music is Handels "The arrival of the queen of Sheba". A really great piece to hear live from a full orchestra.

Bryce.

MaV

Quote from: Bryce on 08:48, 15 August 17Tempest title music is Handels "The arrival of the queen of Sheba". A really great piece to hear live from a full orchestra.
Good find! Then I was wrong after all.
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Gryzor

Nah, Vangelis is far from classical!

But, IIRC Powerplay had some classical music:

Unfortunately, I can't find a video where it's audible...

Bryce

I just downloaded the Powerplay: The Game of the Gods DSK (from CPCPower) and ran it on Winape. The title music is Tchaikovskys "Dance of the sugarplum fairy" (From the Nutcracker ballet).

Bryce.

Gryzor

Thanks, haven't played it in a few years but I remember sitting and listening to it when I was a child.

GOB

Gameover of Space Harrier but i don't remember the author...

pelrun

Weird, I would have sworn that the Powerplay title music was In The Hall Of The Mountain King... maybe I had a different version?

Edit: checked it and it's definitely ItHotMH, sorry Bryce!

Bryce

Quote from: pelrun on 01:57, 17 August 17
Weird, I would have sworn that the Powerplay title music was In The Hall Of The Mountain King... maybe I had a different version?

Edit: checked it and it's definitely ItHotMH, sorry Bryce!

Oh, you're right. It does seem to be that. The two pieces have very similar sections of music. Sorry Grieg :)

Bryce.

mr_lou

Quote from: Bryce on 08:29, 17 August 17
Oh, you're right. It does seem to be that. The two pieces have very similar sections of music. Sorry Grieg :)

"Dance of the sugarplum fairy" is used in Mermaid Madness though.  :)

mr_lou

So... been watching Monty Python on Netflix these past few weeks, and got curious about the theme-melody.

Long story short:

The loading music in Harvey Headbanger tape version is "The Liberty Bell" march from 1893!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Liberty_Bell_(march)

kawickboy

Back to the Golden Age intro:

Alla Turca from Mozart.