News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

Quote from: yurif74 on 19:04, 20 May 15
didn't noticed it, actually i wasn't able to launch grenades even in winape pressing spacebar O_o

btw easy one here: Fire Ant , it require joystick and only one firebutton needed :)
keyboard is required for hiscore table, but it can be bypassed pressing fire buttons (inserting X and Y). after filling up the space for name, game continue normally

Juri
More games:

In these cases With ultimate recurse you always have the "P"(pause buton)  :)

Phantomz

I haven't done much at the moment as a bit busy.  ???

I have done " Solomon's Key (UK) (1987) (Patch CPC+) " though.  :D

I sorted it out at the start so it's " PLAY PLUS-VERSION 1Y 2N? " so both version can be started and played.

I mapped the Enter for Fireball key to Joypad button 2 so the game is fully controllable with the game pad.

I changed the onscreen instructions so it matches the above.  8)

I tested it on the GX4000.

@remax

It still needs a fix though, you get stuck on the High score table as can't enter your name, but both versions are fully playable.  8)

remax

Everything upped to the right section.
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

You can change bom jack remax? i change the j of joystick in the menu to a up(the text). So is better to know what  to do to play.

Ah in the cars game, You can select 1 o two players pressing you redefine fire button in the two pads. when the car dissapear the player are disabled, so you can play with player 1 or two, the two, o controling the two at the same time.

remax

Quote from: dragon on 21:09, 20 May 15
You can change bom jack remax? i change the j of joystick in the menu to a up(the text). So is better to know what  to do to play.

Ah in the cars game, You can select 1 o two players pressing you redefine fire button in the two pads. when the car dissapear the player are disabled, so you can play with player 1 or two, the two, o controling the two at the same time.

Done
Brain Radioactivity

zeropolis79

May I request a mod of Thundercats, RBI2 Baseball and STUN Runner please? as far as I know, none need keyboard control.

Many thanks in advance.

Phantomz

@remax

I haven't found a way to fix the High Score Table yet on " Solomon's Key ".

But can you change the file on wiki for this one please. I needed to changed something.

Cheers  ;)

Also, I don't know if someone can have a look at this " Mr. Heli (UK) (K7) (1989) (Patch CPC+) (Trainer) ".

I've sorted out the Trainer so it's GX4000 Friendly, you can start the game with fire ok, think it's just joystick only, you can skip high score with the fire button.

The Problem is I can't find a way to change from having to press space on the title screen before the trainer, it should work on the GX4000, but I can't test due to title screen problem.

If someone can fix this it should be good to go as like I said I've sorted the Trainer.  :D

It's here if anyone can check it out and maybe do a fix.

dragon

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 02:07, 21 May 15
May I request a mod of Thundercats, RBI2 Baseball and STUN Runner please? as far as I know, none need keyboard control.

Many thanks in advance.

Sure we can look, suggestions are always welcome.

remax you have upload the last version of victory?

CraigsBar

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 02:07, 21 May 15

Many thanks in advance.
I looked at stun runner when I did The Duct. I can't remember why I stopped it tho.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

zeropolis79

Quote from: dragon on 12:49, 21 May 15
Sure we can look, suggestions are always welcome.

As long as you don't think I'm pushing my luck.. I know Thundercats and STUN Runner use joysticks with no additional keyboard functions. RBI2 only because I'd love to play it on real hardware!

Thanks...

Phantomz

@zeropolis79
@remax

Here is " Thundercats "  :D

Tested and fully working on GX4000  ;)

dragon

Quote from: CraigsBar on 12:50, 21 May 15
I looked at stun runner when I did The Duct. I can't remember why I stopped it tho.

don't look i have stun runner fixed.(time ago :) ).

Rbi, can't be fixed, all versions are compresssed. except one this:

http://cpcrulez.fr/GamesDL_div/index.php?download=c5S-y5e5Y7Po0ce7jb7Uy6ibZJqj5s7K&p=aLPi0diuhsXpm9e8irGny8e7lLfXzdHGT7rp2Q==

But the game freezes loading in wiape :( .

78DE ->58

Phantomz

Thanks for the " Super Robin Hood " Fix @dragon  8)

Sure @remax will change it later.  ;D

dcdrac

jeepers at this rate we shall need a mega cartridge*smiles

dragon

Quote from: dcdrac on 16:29, 21 May 15
jeepers at this rate we shall need a mega cartridge*smiles

So you want more?.

Not problem.  :D

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 18:58, 21 May 15
So you want more?.

Not problem.  :D

Yea, but I'm a bit busy to do any.  ::)

Commando
Paperboy
Battleships

If you could please  ;) :D

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:23, 21 May 15
Yea, but I'm a bit busy to do any.  ::)

Commando
Paperboy
Battleships

If you could please  ;) :D

jeje, well really the last four works from home with joystick and not have trainers, i only convert them, so take very litte time. Your games require much more time to fix the keys.

Dinorast

Very cool, would be outrun and raid over moscow a big problem to convert ?

seanb

Thumbs up for Outrun from me
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

remax

Quote from: dragon on 12:49, 21 May 15

Yes

Quote from: Phantomz on 12:46, 21 May 15
@remax

I haven't found a way to fix the High Score Table yet on " Solomon's Key ".

But can you change the file on wiki for this one please. I needed to changed something.

Done

Quote from: Phantomz on 16:23, 21 May 15
Thanks for the " Super Robin Hood " Fix @dragon  8)

Sure @remax will change it later.  ;D

Done

I'll take care of new games after dinner.

And done.
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

@remax

I've done " Ghouls 'N' Ghosts " you will need to complete the game with one credit as I can't do anything about the y/n continue as the game is compressed.  :o

I've fixed the trainer so it works as normal, first option, infinite credits won't really help, but plus users might want it  :)

The second option might come in handy, Invincible?  :D

So the game might be to hard or to easy  :-\

The normal disk has protection so there is not a lot I can do about the above at the moment.  :'(

At least you can play it on the GX4000 if you want.  :)

I've also done a better version of " International Karate Plus " it's the cngsoft's version with the new title screen adapted from the C64 version (looks much better).  8)

The old version will need changing with this please, cheers  :D

I've tested both of these games and they work fine on the GX4000.  ;)

dragon

You tried all versions?. O always look cpcrulez so much times he have other diferents cracks that cpc power. Maybe one is not compresed in ghost and ghouls.

CPCRULEZ &#9733 AMSTRAD CPC &#9733 GAMESLIST &#9733 GHOULS'N GHOSTS (c)

Outrun xor is compressed nothin to do, i don't look the others.

PD:ok remax, but in victory now is down not up. :).

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 11:34, 22 May 15
You tried all versions?. O always look cpcrulez so much times he have other diferents cracks that cpc power. Maybe one is not compresed in ghost and ghouls.

CPCRULEZ &#9733 AMSTRAD CPC &#9733 GAMESLIST &#9733 GHOULS'N GHOSTS (c)

In the CNGSOFT versions, the game is compressed.

XOR version the trainer is compressed.

REILAN version is ok, but needs 128k won't run in 64k as a cart.

Which leaves KINOYHUFO version, this is converted to disc from tape, this version
works with winape but you have no menu music.

I've sorted out the trainer and converted it to cpr, and it works in winape, but I can't press fire to
start the game on the GX4000 (works in winape).

I haven't looked into fixing the continues as it's not working on real hardware.

Unless someone can fix this KINOYHUFO 64k version to work on real hardware and sort out the
continue Y/ N.

Then the game I posted in the link above is the best we are going to get.  :o

I tried to do what I can with what's available, maybe you can fix this dragon ?  ;)

dragon

So, you modify it and it works in winape and not in real gx4000?. Maybe is a problem to the ppi access. if its the case maybe the best is bypass it directly  as p47 style.

What is the direction where you made the changes?.

Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 16:58, 22 May 15
So, you modify it and it works in winape and not in real gx4000?. Maybe is a problem to the ppi access. if its the case maybe the best is bypass it directly  as p47 style.

What is the direction where you made the changes?.

Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

I've just changed the Trainer so it's GX4000 friendly, and it should work fine, just can't start the game on the GX4000.

Due to keymap problem I guess, the disks are here if you want to check them out, maybe a " conversion by Phantomz & dragon "  ;D