News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

yurif74

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 23:35, 22 June 15
Savage was programmed by David Perry for Probe and released by Firebird.. I think it could be do-able for a GX4000

i had a look at it, i found only one version available on cpc-power

it have a very complex trainer, you can choose a level, then the game load and another trainer selection show up, need to press space to pass the intro sequence..
i worked some time on it, unfortunately this one is far beyond my abilities , sorry :(
maybe @Phantomz could do the trick :D
Juri

seanb

@Phantomz Commando had been the game I was practicing on.
Couldn't change the fire button or remap the start button but managed to change the rest.

I'll take a look at yours to see it that'll help me figure out what I couldn't do.
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Carnivius

Quote from: CraigsBar on 17:31, 22 June 15
I hate to come here with a request.. But I have drawn a total blank with Silkworm.

Can anyone patch this? it is a great 2 player game. I always played the Jeep!

Hey the Jeep is mine!  :)   That's what made Silkworm so different from other shooters. :D
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Gryzor

Nah, what made Silkworm different (we've seen vehicles on the surface before) was the ability to actually control both vehicles at once...

Phantomz

Quote from: yurif74 on 12:46, 23 June 15
i had a look at it, i found only one version available on cpc-power

it have a very complex trainer, you can choose a level, then the game load and another trainer selection show up, need to press space to pass the intro sequence..
i worked some time on it, unfortunately this one is far beyond my abilities , sorry :(
maybe @Phantomz could do the trick :D
Juri

It is a odd one, the first part of the trainer seems compressed as I can't find stuff to change, I can sort out all the 2nd part of the trainer, but no point if can't sort out the first part.  ???

Quote from: seanb on 13:00, 23 June 15
@Phantomz Commando had been the game I was practicing on.
Couldn't change the fire button or remap the start button but managed to change the rest.

I'll take a look at yours to see it that'll help me figure out what I couldn't do.

Good idea, good luck  :)

I haven't had time to do anymore games at the moment.

I have done a small update to " Ghosts_'N'_Goblins "
I've changed it so you redefine with the PAUSE button and changed the onscreen promts to show:

PRESS "1" TO START GAME
PRESS "PAUSE" TO REDEFINE

I've noticed that the version of " Chuckie Egg " on the wiki page still hasn't had the Highscore Table fixed and still shows the instruction screen for like 2 seconds.

I've uploaded my version to the wiki page, it loads the game straight away with no screen popping up for a couple of seconds, I've fixed the Highscore table, this can be bypassed by pressing fire,
I've got the onscreen display to show " 1 TO CONTINUE  ".

yurif74

hello again,
this time is the time of "warhawk"
there is an hiscore table, but i'm not good at that game and i can't score more than 10100 (last entry)
is there someone good enough to enter hiscore and see if it locks or if it can be bypassed with joypad?
thanks,
Juri

Phantomz

" Marble Madness Deluxe Edition "

is now on the wiki page, the menu is sluggish in this game.  ???

Keep pressing the button you want, they do work  ;D

The game can be played with the joystick so just press one if you can  :laugh:

dragon

I not abandon convert patch gx4000 games.

Simply I am bussy.

Maybe a recopilación with all games in mega can be good idea. The list became to big to download one by one.

Phantomz

Another game from me, this time it's " Spindizzy "

This took me sometime to do as there was loads of buttons to find and remap but I think it was worth doing.  ;D

I've sorted out the Trainer and Remapped the controls.

I've changed the onscreen prompts where I can.

The following are the new controls:

PAUSE BUTTON ON TITLE SCREEN FOR CREDITS
Joy1 Button 2 = STOP
Joy2 Button 1 = Map
Joy2 Button 2 = Score
Joy2 Left = Rotate ( It Rotates right, but just keep pressing ).
Joy2 Right = Change Shape
P (PAUSE) = Pause Button

I wanted to remap the cursors to Joypad 2 Dpad, but most of the keys didn't like being changed, up and down wouldn't remap.
I would have also had less buttons to use, therefore I've just used one to Rotate the screen.
Because UP and Down won't remap to Joy2 Dpad 2 I've had to leave out colour change as I had no working buttons left.

I've remapped Press 'FX' on the title.. screen to play STIX

JOY2 1+2 On title screen to Play STIX

PAUSE BUTTON = Leave STIX
JOY 2 BUTTON 1 = Trail mode on/off..
JOY 1 BUTTON 2 = Halts STIX movement..
JOY 2 BUTTON 2 = Clears the screen.. (stop the STIX first)..

yurif74

Quote from: yurif74 on 22:14, 24 June 15
hello again,
this time is the time of "warhawk"
there is an hiscore table, but i'm not good at that game and i can't score more than 10100 (last entry)
is there someone good enough to enter hiscore and see if it locks or if it can be bypassed with joypad?
thanks,
Juri

I finally was able to enter hiscore, it is joypad friendly so warhawk work 100%, can be entered in the converted games list.
thanks

remax

Quote from: dragon on 13:10, 26 June 15
Maybe a recopilación with all games in mega can be good idea. The list became to big to download one by one.

I'll try to do it when i come back in a few days.

Quote from: yurif74 on 20:51, 26 June 15
I finally was able to enter hiscore, it is joypad friendly so warhawk work 100%, can be entered in the converted games list.
thanks

Done
Brain Radioactivity

gerald

MGT added to the wiki   ;)

Gryzor

yurif74

Time for "The great escape"  ;D

the game is fully playable with controller, but i wasn't able to change text (it ask for press 1 for keyboard and 2 for joystick... but is sufficient to press fire to start)

Juri

Phantomz

I've done another, this time it's " Skywar :)

I've changed the cursors keys to the joypad to select game, so just press up or down, I've fixed the trainer like normal.

I've sorted it so you don't get stuck entering your name on the high score board on both games, just press the fire button.

I've mapped pause to the pause button in game two, but I'm having trouble finding it in game one at the moment, so that can't be paused.

zeropolis79

Quote from: yurif74 on 17:42, 29 June 15
Time for "The great escape"  ;D

the game is fully playable with controller, but i wasn't able to change text (it ask for press 1 for keyboard and 2 for joystick... but is sufficient to press fire to start)

Juri

In best Mr. Burns voice - Excellent.....

Phantomz

I've now fixed " Oh Mummy " so you can select the Speed and Difficulty Level of the game.

Speed of Game and Difficulty Level Selected with the following:

1 = Up, 2 = Left, 3 = Right, 4 = Down, 5 = Fire Button 1

Yes = Joy2 Button 1, No = Joy2 Button 2

Press Fire Button 1 to Bypass Highscore Table.

I also done another game, this one is " Harrier Attack "

You can select all Skill Levels, I've changed onscreen display to tell you how.

Bomb Drop = Joypad Button 2, Eject = Pause Button

Press Pause Button to Bypass Highscore Table

seanb

Is there a way to batch download all the converted games or do we have to do it one by one?

remax

Quote from: seanb on 20:58, 01 July 15
Is there a way to batch download all the converted games or do we have to do it one by one?

Wait a bit, i'm going to upload the full set to MEGA in a few minutes...

EDIT : Done
Brain Radioactivity

seanb

Brilliant
will be downloading tomoz  :D

CraigsBar

OK I give up on adding music to my chuckie egg. It has a nice overscan Plus loading screen tho (Press UP to start the game)

If anyone wants to try an add music then be my guest. I can provide the DSK on request.

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

seanb

Nice one @CraigsBar
you couldn't have posted it 30 minutes earlier for the mega pack?

Now I can't download it  :P

CraigsBar

Quote from: seanb on 23:33, 01 July 15
Nice one @CraigsBar
you couldn't have posted it 30 minutes earlier for the mega pack?

Now I can't download it  :P
Sorry, I have just given up on getting music on the title screen working..... It's beyond my simple skills :( So I figured may as well make it available as is as I am never gonna be able to do what I wanted to it. I am happier with the Dizzy ones that will be coming up as soon as possible, They are both finished, just not cpr'd

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 23:23, 01 July 15
OK I give up on adding music to my chuckie egg. It has a nice overscan Plus loading screen tho (Press UP to start the game)

If anyone wants to try an add music then be my guest. I can provide the DSK on request.

What I *am* happy with is my score on my first attempt when testing the cart.

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 23:23, 01 July 15

I've uploaded it to the wiki page, like before I've included a poked version with infinite lives.  :)

I've just updated " Galactic Plague (The) " you can now select one or two player game.

I've also added another game, this time we have " Xevious ".