News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigsBar

Oh Crap, the first one I try in Months and I fail :(

I fixed the trainer so the game is playable, However the GLUE option in the BIN file needs to be remapped from Space to FIre 2.

I cannot find the magic string in here, can anyone help?

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Urusergi

Quote from: CraigsBar on 23:40, 30 November 15
Oh Crap, the first one I try in Months and I fail :(

I fixed the trainer so the game is playable, However the GLUE option in the BIN file needs to be remapped from Space to FIre 2.

Yes we can!  ;D
org #2a44
ld a,(#4801)
bit 5,a
jp z,#2b9e

org #2a72
ld a,(#4801)
bit 5,a
jp z,#2b9e

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 23:40, 30 November 15

3A 71 48 FE 20  8)

If you work with a HEX Editor like me, change the following on your disk.  ;)

FE20 @ 3B17 to FE7A
FE20 @ 3B45 to FE7A
FE20 @ 3BC3 to FE7A

If you need a hand finding the following I can help  :)

P for PAUSE    
F for FASTER    
S FOR SLOWER
A FOR ABORT    
T FOR ? ( RESTARTS THE LEVEL, BUT YOU LOSE A LIFE )
H FOR HIGHSCORE

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 03:40, 01 December 15
3A 71 48 FE 20  8)

If you work with a HEX Editor like me, change the following on your disk.  ;)

FE20 @ 3B17 to FE7A
FE20 @ 3B45 to FE7A
FE20 @ 3BC3 to FE7A

If you need a hand finding the following I can help  :)

P for PAUSE    
F for FASTER    
S FOR SLOWER
A FOR ABORT    
T FOR ? ( RESTARTS THE LEVEL, BUT YOU LOSE A LIFE )
H FOR HIGHSCORE
Thanks @Phantomz, I'll take another look tonight. Will also improve the trainer, at the moment it's functional, but ugly lol.

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 08:30, 01 December 15
Thanks @Phantomz, I'll take another look tonight. Will also improve the trainer, at the moment it's functional, but ugly lol.
now the forum is back I'll try again tonight. P is already mapped to the pause button then, as that is just a p anyway.

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 10:30, 02 December 15
now the forum is back I'll try again tonight. P is already mapped to the pause button then, as that is just a p anyway.

I know, I meant if you wanted to move it somewhere else  ;)

Sometimes I and dragon etc will move the pause button to a button on the pad and make the console pause button quit or something else etc.

I think it's best left alone on this game though.

The full version of Star Sabre is now available.

Quote from: remax on 19:28, 29 November 15

Send a PM to Axelay, but i'm quite sure it's freeware...

I sent a PM to Axelay and I'm happy to say that he has given his permission to convert the game for the GX4000   :D

Thanks again, Axelay  8)

Phantomz

@Urusergi  I don't know if you can do your ppi fix on the following game?  ;)

I've been busy trying to bring us all another game, I'm happy to say I've fixed the trainer and remapped all the buttons in the game, but it doesn't like plus machines. :doh:

The game I've been busy working on is " Myth - History In The Making ".

Like I said I've fixed the trainer, remapped space to fire button 1 for the title screen, loading screen and restart screen.

I've remapped space to fire button 2 for all levels for Cycle through and select icon in window, remapped Pause / Unpause to the console button.

The game is all ready to be played, just doesn't like the plus range so needs a fix for that now.  :doh:

Neil79

My 4CPC should arrive in the next week or maybe next, do I need to download NoCart? Or just unpack the Cpr's to it
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

dcdrac

unack the cprs copy to a an empty slot on the microsd

dcdrac

also make sure the dip switch is set to the corresponding slot.

Neil79

Quote from: dcdrac on 22:12, 02 December 15
also make sure the dip switch is set to the corresponding slot.

Yep, this is what I've got set as per my order..

- If you intend to use the card with a 6128/464 plus,  select which system cartridge to be installed in cart slot 0 from the list - 
( 464 Plus )

English patched (Amsdos, without start menu)

- optionally select an alternate system cartridge installed in cart slot 1 from the same list -     
( GX 4000 )

English original

Is there any chance that R-Type 128k will ever appear as a cpr for future 128k usage ;)
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

CraigsBar

Rtype 128k presents more than a few problems.... Firstly it's 128k and as such only works on a 6128plus (or modded  464plus) and these machines tend to have disc interfaces anyway. Also it uses more than 180k so the large disk support nocart that I am waiting for from @arnoldemu would be needed. And finally, from memory it uses a non standard disc format, so would need cracking first.

All in all, get the disc or use an hxc.

Neil79

Quote from: CraigsBar on 01:24, 03 December 15

Like what I have?  ;D

Thanks for the reply though, that's some detail  :-X

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 01:24, 03 December 15
Rtype 128k presents more than a few problems.... Firstly it's 128k and as such only works on a 6128plus (or modded  464plus) and these machines tend to have disc interfaces anyway. Also it uses more than 180k so the large disk support nocart that I am waiting for from @arnoldemu would be needed. And finally, from memory it uses a non standard disc format, so would need cracking first.

I also would like to see larger support for nocart too and maybe cpm support, it would open up possibilities for more conversions.

It's a shame that Rtype 128k needs cracking as it would be nice to have it as a cpr for the 6128 plus, yea I know the disc is available and it can be run on a hxc or gotek etc, but I think that is best suited to the original 6128.

I think it makes more sense to have games in cpr format for the 6128 plus now that Gerald and arnoldemu has made this possible.

I think it's much nicer to just have it stored on the cart in the side of our machines instead of having to connect hxc's or gotek's externally, each to his own though.  ;)

Urusergi

Quote from: Phantomz on 18:20, 02 December 15

@Urusergi  I don't know if you can do your ppi fix on the following game?  ;)

I've been busy trying to bring us all another game, I'm happy to say I've fixed the trainer and remapped all the buttons in the game, but it doesn't like plus machines. :doh:

The game I've been busy working on is " Myth - History In The Making ".

Like I said I've fixed the trainer, remapped space to fire button 1 for the title screen, loading screen and restart screen.

I've remapped space to fire button 2 for all levels for Cycle through and select icon in window, remapped Pause / Unpause to the console button.

The game is all ready to be played, just doesn't like the plus range so needs a fix for that now.  :doh:

The disk is available here.

Yes, it was easy 8) remain three bytes for use
    ORG &96D7

PUSH HL
    LD HL,&96D5
    LD BC,&F40E
    OUT (C),C
    LD BC,&F6C0
    OUT (C),C
    XOR A
    OUT (C),A
    LD BC,&F792
    OUT (C),C
    LD A,&49

L96EE:    LD B,&F6
    OUT (C),A
    LD B,&F4
    IND
    DEC A
    CP &3F
    JR NZ,L96EE

POP HL
    LD BC,&F782
    OUT (C),C
    LD BC,&F600
    OUT (C),C
    RET
    NOP
    NOP
    NOP

Phantomz

Quote from: Urusergi on 17:04, 03 December 15
Yes, it was easy 8) remain three bytes for use
    ORG &96D7

PUSH HL
    LD HL,&96D5
    LD BC,&F40E
    OUT (C),C
    LD BC,&F6C0
    OUT (C),C
    XOR A
    OUT (C),A
    LD BC,&F792
    OUT (C),C
    LD A,&49

L96EE:    LD B,&F6
    OUT (C),A
    LD B,&F4
    IND
    DEC A
    CP &3F
    JR NZ,L96EE

POP HL
    LD BC,&F782
    OUT (C),C
    LD BC,&F600
    OUT (C),C
    RET
    NOP
    NOP
    NOP

Nice one  8)

Any chance you could upload the fixed disk for me as unsure how to apply this as I work with a HEX editor, cheers  :D

@remax for when you do your cpr pack.

I've updated a couple of games that I've converted.

I've done a new version of " Bruce Lee " this now includes a Trainer.

I've also done a new version of " Wec Le Mans " The ingame Menu is now fully working, so you can redefine the controls to whatever you like to be able to use both the buttons.

I've changed all the onscreen prompts and made the ( was 2.Keyboard ) 2.defined controls as follows, Button 1 and 2 for Accelerate and Brake, Up to change Gear, Console Button to Quit game   8)

Urusergi

Quote from: Phantomz on 17:07, 03 December 15
Nice one  8)

Any chance you could upload the fixed disk for me as unsure how to apply this as I work with a HEX editor, cheers  :D

Hummm, how do you know where to patch then?  ??? you don't read in assembler?

It's done  :D dsk and cpr

Phantomz

Quote from: Urusergi on 01:03, 04 December 15
Hummm, how do you know where to patch then?  ??? you don't read in assembler?

It's done  :D dsk and cpr

Thanks for doing the plus fix  8)

It would have been a shame if all my hard work finding and remapping the buttons was a waste of time.  :o

I don't know how to program, use the winape debugger or read assembler, No.

I've just learnt what to look for in a HEX editor and test the changes I make  :)

I started out just fixing the trainers to work on the gx4000, then found how to look for keys in games that use key numbers, I've now started to do games that use keyboard scanning.

It might be tricky without the winape debugger or how to read assembler, but I've done a fair few games.  ;D

Thanks again, for sorting the plus problem out for me.  8)

Urusergi

Quote from: Phantomz on 01:20, 04 December 15I don't know how to program, use the winape debugger or read assembler, No.

I've just learnt what to look for in a HEX editor and test the changes I make  :)

I started out just fixing the trainers to work on the gx4000, then found how to look for keys in games that use key numbers, I've now started to do games that use keyboard scanning.

It might be tricky without the winape debugger or how to read assembler, but I've done a fair few games. ;D
Impressive!!! :o sometimes I can hardly find the keys even knowing machine code.
Same happens to me but with english language :-X definitely I need lessons.

Another game for the list (with the invaluable help of dragon):

<<<<< QUESTOR >>>>>

P = Pause
Joy2B1 = Restart
With Cheat mode

Phantomz

@Urusergi

Any chance you could look at this version of " subhunter " if you get chance.

I've converted the game at it's fully playable on the wiki page, I had to use a version without the intro as the original is protected and the above version has a cracktro I can't get past.

It needs the cracktro removing or space remapped to the fire button, cheers.  :D

Phantomz

I've just had a look at another game I did in the past as I couldn't find the pause key back then.

This one is " Enduro Racer " I've found out that the original has a bug and the game will crash at the end of level 5.

I can't find a version yet, that this doesn't happen on, there is a version by Crackers VELUS on CPC-Power that states it is fixed, but it still crashed at the end of level 5 on Winape.
I haven't tested this version on real hardware yet, but it appears compressed as can't find the controls like in the other versions.

Anyway, here is a new version of Enduro Racer (still bugged like original) I've included a poked version with Infinite Time.

Joypad 1 = Default Joystick controls, incase you want to plug a joystick in a play like the original
Joypad 2 = Button 1 for Increase Throttle, Button 2 for Apply Brake, Steer with Left and Right, Down to Pull Wheelie
Pause with Console Pause Button
Reset the game (Quit) with Joypad 1 Button 2

Urusergi

Quote from: Phantomz on 17:40, 04 December 15
@Urusergi

Any chance you could look at this version of " subhunter " if you get chance.

I've converted the game at it's fully playable on the wiki page, I had to use a version without the intro as the original is protected and the above version has a cracktro I can't get past.

It needs the cracktro removing or space remapped to the fire button, cheers.  :D

Yeah!
Also Ctrl remapped to Joy1B2 (accelerated scroll)

Magic?  ;D stream:

AF,ED,79,01,92,F7,ED,49,01,49,F6,ED,49,06,F4,ED,58,CB,03,CB,03,01,82,F7,ED,49,ED,79,05,ED,79,CB,73,C2,94,42

Instead of:

ED,71,01,92,F7,ED,49,01,42,F6,ED,49,06,F4,ED,58,01,45,F6,ED,49,06,F4,ED,78,01,82,F7,ED,49,ED,71,07,DA,94,42

Phantomz

Quote from: Urusergi on 23:18, 04 December 15
Yeah!
Also Ctrl remapped to Joy1B2 (accelerated scroll)

Magic?  ;D stream:

AF,ED,79,01,92,F7,ED,49,01,49,F6,ED,49,06,F4,ED,58,CB,03,CB,03,01,82,F7,ED,49,ED,79,05,ED,79,CB,73,C2,94,42

Instead of:

ED,71,01,92,F7,ED,49,01,42,F6,ED,49,06,F4,ED,58,01,45,F6,ED,49,06,F4,ED,78,01,82,F7,ED,49,ED,71,07,DA,94,42

Thanks for that.  8)

Urusergi

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:26, 30 November 15
@Urusergi

Can you unpack CNGSoft games?  If so, is there any chance you could do " Operation Wolf "

It's done  8)

<<<<< OPERATION WOLF >>>>>

Cheat keys:
Yes -> y or Joy1 up
No -> n or Joy1 down

Menu keys:

1 -> Joy1 B1
2 -> Joy1 B2 (not really necessary.It's already redefined)

Game keys:

Shoot -> Joy1 B1
Grenade -> Joy1 B2
Pause -> P

Phantomz

Quote from: Urusergi on 20:45, 05 December 15
It's done  8)

<<<<< OPERATION WOLF >>>>>

Cheat keys:
Yes -> y or Joy1 up
No -> n or Joy1 down

Menu keys:

1 -> Joy1 B1
2 -> Joy1 B2 (not really necessary.It's already redefined)

Game keys:

Shoot -> Joy1 B1
Grenade -> Joy1 B2
Pause -> P

Fantastic work  8)

I'm glad you can unpack the cngsoft games  :D

What's next? Gauntlet II, then maybe Gauntlet, then maybe Gauntlet — Deeper Dungeons (side A) and Gauntlet — Deeper Dungeons (side B)  ;) ;) ;)  ;D