News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 02:46, 25 January 17
Normally yes, the following.....

Game Instructions
" Each computer, once successfully accessed will set an anagrammatical puzzle and give hangman type spacing for the solution.
A correct answer is rewarded with two parts of the map, one displaying your correct position in that section, the other showing the location of the bomb component
Incorrect answering results In system shutdown and you must therefore try again, if you have a pass card. "

These...

ANAGRAMME / SOLUTION
Sean Jim Haggis = James Higgins
Nathan Junnod = Jonathan Dunn
Dr Antoni Clam MD = Martin Mcdonald
Ron H Vain = Ivon Horn
Huge Phalus = Paul Hughes
Vannate Klein = Kane Valentine
Sam N Joker = Mark Jones
Malek Mib = Mike Lamb
Leon Wupas = Paul Owens
Joe Hangmen = John Meegan
Ben Stimulor = Simon Butler
Dr Kane Wad = Dawn Drake

I removed the need to enter the answers with the keyboard to make the game gx4000 friendly.  ;)

Gryzor like dificult games  :o .   I need a snapshot in one of these computers with  the spanish hacker. This game is a Mess to walk.

He have enter keyboard in high-scores level 1 and 3. When Die. ( Die is easy to view : D).. the level 2 high-score is joystick friendly. (Diferent programmer for level 2 ¿?.).

Gryzor

Yes, level 1 was a bitch to beat indeed. I'm not saying I was any good at The Vindicator, just that I loved it :D Basically, roaming the corridors with that atmospheric music playing in the background was really special...

Phantomz

Quote from: Gryzor on 07:40, 25 January 17
Oooh cheating!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

@Gryzor I guess sort of, it was the only way to convert the game without the need of a keyboard, you still need to play the game the same to get access cards for the computers and lifts though, so doesn't really make the game any easier.  ;D

Quote from: dragon on 11:29, 25 January 17

Gryzor like dificult games  :o .   I need a snapshot in one of these computers with  the spanish hacker. This game is a Mess to walk.

He have enter keyboard in high-scores level 1 and 3. When Die. ( Die is easy to view : D).. the level 2 high-score is joystick friendly. (Diferent programmer for level 2 ¿?.).

@dragon are you looking at converting the game? I already converted it, it's on the last page.

I also dealt with the high-scores for all levels!

Quote from: Phantomz on 18:58, 27 December 16
In Part 1 and Part 3, you can press the Fire ( Button One ) to pass the high-score entry, for Part 2 use the Joypad to enter your name.

dragon

I have made a subrutine that works for final crédits. In level 1 and 3, But the computers appear use another system. And i not found the exact way  It work.

I mean putting the letters with joystick. Si y gryzor like It,  we left your versión.

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 17:43, 25 January 17
I have made a subrutine that works for final crédits. In level 1 and 3, But the computers appear use another system. And i not found the exact way  It work.

I mean putting the letters with joystick. Si y gryzor like It,  we left your versión.

@dragon

OK, it would be good if you could make it work as intended, I did it my way to make it GX4000 friendly the best I could.  ;D

I also removed the Password option from the games menu because if I remember correctly the next level didn't load when converted to cpr.

Could you make it possible to put the letters in with joystick in " Ghostbusters " and " The Wild Bunch " ?

dragon

I prefer made New games. :D.

@gryzor, should be o.k if you not ask about games that has benn made  early. Wtf.

remax

Quote from: Neil79 on 19:08, 14 January 17
Here is a link to the Full Set (2016-11-06)

Anyone have an update to Jan 17 yet? :) - Ta

And done  ;)
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 15:31, 07 February 17

And done  ;)

@remax Nice One  :)

Here are a couple more small updates.

Robocop
Controls all the same as before, use Joypad 2 for main menu still, however you can now also " Press Fire Button 1 on Joypad 1 to Start Game with Joypad ".

Feud
No change to the game itself, just made the Trainer look a little better at the start.

Kung-Fu Master
Also text could be added to " Kung-Fu Master " on the wiki page in case people didn't find the little easter egg I added.  ;D
If you press the " Console Pause Button " instead of Joypad 1 Button 1 to Pass Title Screen, you will load a version of the game with " Infinite Energy ".  ;D

I'm working / play testing another game now, should be done later.  :)

Phantomz

NARC

Use Joypad 1 for Menu options.
I've set the controls to both Joypads by default so you are good to start.

Joypads Button 2 is used to Jump and Crouch for both Players, Hold Button 2 and push UP to Jump, Hold Button 2 and Push DOWN to Crouch.
Pause with Console Pause Button, Unpause with Button 1 on Joypads.

There is no button for Rockets ingame, hold down fire for a short time to fire Rockets.

The game has a Trainer which lets you select the level you start on, it also gives you the option of infinite credits, however you can't use them on the last level Boss Fight, for this reason I've included a Poked version, the poked version gives you infinite lives, infinite bullets, and infinte Rockets.

Phantomz

Just done another update.

I wasn't happy with the menu on "Barbarian - The Ultimate Warrior", the one that I did before got the job done but didn't look to great so I've just done a new menu.  ;D

I hope you like it, you can use both joypads on the menu.  ;)

zeropolis79

It is possible to start a fight using only one joypad in this version?

Phantomz

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 16:47, 21 February 17
It is possible to start a fight using only one joypad in this version?

No, but you can on this new version.  8)

" BARBARIAN - THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR "

New controls as follows....

Start Game with Joypad 1 Button 1
Change Mode with Joypad 1 Button 2
Pause / Unpause with Joypad 1 Button 2
Turn Music On / Off during Fighting with Joypad 2 Button 2
Quit game with the Console Pause Button.

Phantomz

I've done yet another version of " RENEGADE :o

Why did this game have to have odd controls.  :doh:

I know there are a few different versions already, but like I said I've done another one.

I prefer this new version myself , some of you might too.   ;D

Instructions

Press Joypad 1 Button 1 to pass title and instruction screen.
Pause Button on the main screen = select Music, FX or Music/FX.
Pause Button to pause during the game (any button to Unpause), if you press the console pause button again whilst paused you will quit the game.
The Blood will change from Blue to Red after you pause the game.

Movement
Hold down Joypad Button 2 to move with the Dpad, you can still move up and down with or without button 2 held down.

Attack
Use left and right without button 2 held down to attack left and right.

Hold down button 1 with left or right to do a flying kick in that direction.

I hope you like this new control system, I think it's the best that I can do.

amijim

Hi there,how can we get rick dangerous 128+ work in our 6128+ with c4cpc module to work?Or how can i make a copy on a 3" disk to see it working on a real amstrad?Maybe Cpcpara could somehow become a cpr program with gui interface or intergrated into a version of parados?This way we could use the dirt cheap db25 to centronics pc printer cables to transfer files.

Phantomz

I've just done a couple of updates to the two games with " High Score maxed out to avoid being stuck ".  ;D

Dragon Ninja

The High Score is no longer maxed out to avoid being stuck, you can now pass by pressing Joypad button 1 or button 2.

I've also remapped the menu buttons the best I can due to compression.

The game defaults to the joystick, but if you push up to pick your keys and remap the controls to the joypad, you will also be able to remap a button for pause.

Pause Button twice to quit the game, any other button to unpause.

Solomon's Key

The High Score is no longer maxed out to avoid being stuck, you can now pass by pressing Joypad button 1 or button 2.

Keys have also been remapped now, so you can pause and quit game.

Pause / Unpause with the Console Pause Button ( P ).

Whilst Paused press Joypad 2 Button 1 ( G ) to quit game.

Keyboard O,P are changed to U,I for PLUS users.

I've also included a Poked version with infinite Lives.

Enjoy  ;)

Phantomz

Here is another game, this one is " The Untouchables ".

I've set the game to joystick by default, so you can press button 1 on the menu screen to begin.

Pause the game with the console pause button, whilst paused press the console button again to quit game, any other button to unpause.

I remapped the pause and quit option to the console pause button instead of button 2 as didn't want people to quit by accident.  ;)

You can redefine the controls to the joystick if you want button 2 for pause.  ;)

I've also made it possible to skip levels by pressing button 1 (G) on joypad 2.  8)

Press Button 1 or 2 on Joypad 1 to pass the highscore table.

I've included a couple of poked versions too.  ;D

dragon

V, i not sure if he have high score in dead (i can`t die :D ), if he have please tell me so i can fix it.

Manual:

http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&onglet=notices&num=2232

Phantomz

I also looked at " V The Visitors

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/games/conerting-a-dsk-to-cpr/msg142438/?topicseen#new  ;D

Looks like I've worked on the same version as dragon.

I've changed J for Joystick, and K for Keyboard to 1 for Joystick and 2 for Keyboard.

You can press 1 or 2 on Joypad 1, or 1 or 2 on the plus keyboard to select option.

Phantomz

Here are a couple more games.

The first is " Slightly Magic "

I can't find any instructions, but seems to be playable with joystick / joypad.

The second is " Impossaball "

Press Joypad 1 button 1 to pass title screen.

Press the console pause button to activate cheat mode, " START LEVEL 1 " will appear,
press joypad 1 button 2 to change the level number (1-8)

Press Joypad 1 Button 1 to start game.

Press Joypad 1 Button 2 to Pause game, press joypad 1 button 1 to unpause.

Press Console Pause Button to Quit game.

I've included a few poked versions.  ;D

remax

Brain Radioactivity

dragon

New game:

Lemmings in gx4000 have these controls:

Pad1:

To move cursor.

Up=up
down=down
left=left
right=right

Fire1 to make a lemming make a job selected.

Fire 2 pressing alone folow a lemmming to unselect it, simply without button2 pressed move the cursor.

Fire 2 pressed + left or right->select a job for the lemming in the down panel.
Fire 2 pressed + up or down change the lemming delivered rate.
Fire 1+fire2=destroy all lemmings.

Is impossible implement the screen scroll in pad 1 due to lack of buttons and in fire 1 it cause to much conflict with normal use of fire 1 and cursor.
Anyway scrolling the screen is possible putting the cursor at the right or left or the screen, so is not a bigger issue.

Alternatively are two versions. One with the scroll controls in pad 2 buttons 1 and 2 and the other with the buttons in the keyboard l/ñ(equivalent in english keyboard)

P=pause.

The game detects the amount of ram so gx4000 not have music and sounds,but the 6128 plus and 464 plus with expansions should have music and effects.

The password system is removed you can change the level pressing 2 in pad where is indicated, there are 60 levels, putting more make the console crash.

The game have been heavely modifiy to make the keys work in pad 1, so redefine probably not work in computers with keyboard.

Skunkfish

Wow, sounds like a lot of work went into that Lemmings conversion! Great work!
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Phantomz

Here is another game, this one is " Prohibition ".

Press Joypad 1 Button 1 to start game.

Control the game with joypad 1, button 2 is used to hide.

Pause / unpause with console pause button.

Joypad 2 button 1 ( G ) to turn music on / off.

I've included a couple of poked versions with infinite lives and time.  ;D

zeropolis79

Would have loved to try Lemmings on it before I sold my 6128 Plus..