News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantomz

Sorry guys and girls, here is another update.....

" WONDER BOY " UPDATE

I've now made a version with the music off by default, there is now a choice between a version with music or a version with none, the good news about this, is the fact that you can now  pause and unpause both versions with the console pause button.

The version with ( Lives ) gives infinite lives, the ( Poked ) version gives you infinite lives, energy and Invulnerability, however I noticed a couple of things can still kill you.

Here is the new updated version.  8)

dragon

Quote from: ukmarkh on 00:56, 03 February 18
Has PowerDrift been converted yet?

Thx

Yep, but i not have upload it. The game is 64k  in tape or disk. The cracks are 128k because the crackers put her loader in the second bank.

Curiosity  the disk version load all levels into memory except the extra level. And the menu that he reload when game is restat.

Exactly the disk version do:
Load main code from basic
Load sprite character choose from disk to &5000-6fff
Load all levels from &8000-bfff
Load menu in &8000-bfff
Load aeroplane sprite to last level in &5000-5ddf

So directly i forbiden the crackers and i create new one from original spanish version.

ukmarkh

That's great news about Powerdrift, thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ukmarkh

I've always wondered if there's a switch in game hidden by the programming teams where they experimented with playing music in game, but decided against it due to memory restrictions or massive slowdown?

dragon

I don't think so is 64k game.

What keys as default?, the game default is up accelerate,down decelerate fire 1 change gear p=pause and abandon lost in the keyboard.(anyway can be redefined).

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: ukmarkh on 08:51, 06 February 18
I've always wondered if there's a switch in game hidden by the programming teams where they experimented with playing music in game, but decided against it due to memory restrictions or massive slowdown?

At a guess, I'd say it probably slows down the game. I know the Speccy version has background music, but it's black and blue, so the lack of colour kept it speedy.
I know they kept background music in Turbo Outrun, different developers but same time frame. But it doesn't feel like you're going anywhere in that game at all, and I wonder if the music played a part of that.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

dragon

ukmarkh

dragon

Quote from: ukmarkh on 22:28, 30 January 18
I've tried using Outlaws with the stock CPC lightgun plugged into the GX but no luck, and "yes" I'm using a CRT

Stock cpc light gun?, is this light gun: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Gunstick

ukmarkh

Quote from: dragon on 23:35, 06 February 18

Stock cpc light gun?, is this light gun: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Gunstick

Yes! That's the one, we bought it from a big superstore in Calais called Auchen or something like that, Amstrad Action did a feature on it years later, you could buy every CPC game available, they had hundreds. It was on the way back from our hols.

dragon

Quote from: ukmarkh on 01:15, 07 February 18
Yes! That's the one, we bought it from a big superstore in Calais called Auchen or something like that, Amstrad Action did a feature on it years later, you could buy every CPC game available, they had hundreds. It was on the way back from our hols.

Maybe is a conflict, i mean originally selection of gun in outlaws was in keyboard.

So to use the  gun maybe you need the joystick port1 thats mean you need unplug the pad and connect the gun after press start.

i recall now not appear very aforable XD, maybe i can send it to pause.

You have try these or you have plug it in joy 2?.

You can also try the original dsk game in a 6128 plus.

in the emulator the cpr and dsk shows same effect choose the gun.

I know auchen, was called here alcampo with the bird simbol.

take a look, if with gun in p, you can select gun and start with gun fire button  withouth use pad and works. (gun in joy port 1)

Phantomz

Here is " 3D Starstrike ".

The controls have been remapped by @Urusergi  8)

The text in game is encoded so can't be changed.

Controls
Joy1 Fire1 to Start
Joy1 Up , Joy1 Fire1 or F1 ---------> Easy
Joy1 Down or F2 --------------------> Medium
Joy1 Left or F3 ----------------------> Hard
Joy1 Right or F4 --------------------> Very Hard

Ingame:
Joy1 Fire2 ---------------------------> Pause on/off
P key ---------------------------------> Exit (during the pause)

I asked Urusergi to do a version with the controls reversed as some people might prefer that.  ;)

I've included both versions into the cpr and made a menu to select which controls you want.
I've also made it stop on the title screen ( screen with text ) ,  press any button to pass title screen. ;D

ukmarkh

Quote from: Phantomz on 18:37, 07 February 18
Here is " 3D Starstrike ".

This controls have been remapped by @Urusergi  8)

The text in game is encoded so can't be changed.

Controls
Joy1 Fire1 to Start
Joy1 Up , Joy1 Fire1 or F1 ---------> Easy
Joy1 Down or F2 --------------------> Medium
Joy1 Left or F3 ----------------------> Hard
Joy1 Right or F4 --------------------> Very Hard

Ingame:
Joy1 Fire2 ---------------------------> Pause on/off
P key ---------------------------------> Exit (during the pause)

I asked Urusergi to do a version with the controls reversed as some people might prefer that.  ;)

I've included both versions into the cpr and made a menu to select which controls you want.
I've also made it stop on the title screen ( screen with text ) ,  press any button to pass title screen. ;D

Top bloke!

paradroid90

Embrace all 8 Bits :-)

ukmarkh

I always wished Star Wars in the CPC had reverse joystick controls [emoji848] great work with Starstrike

Phantomz

Here are a couple of UPDATES for the following.....

" Star Wars" & " Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back ".  8)

I converted both of these games some time ago, the old versions don't stop at the title screen, they have no trainers and there are separate  versions of each for the different controls.

I've now made new versions of both of these games.  ;)

Both games give you an option for Normal or Reversed controls, they also both give you an option for " Infinite Shields ", I've also made both games stop on the title screen, press any button to pass.

In " Star Wars " after the control screen you can also use both joypads to control the game, you can also quit with the console pause button.

paradroid90

Great work against Phantomz :-) Can I set another challenge :-) How about Booty and Pacman Emulator ??

Phantomz

Quote from: paradroid90 on 22:51, 08 February 18
Great work against Phantomz :-) Can I set another challenge :-) How about Booty and Pacman Emulator ??

I don't think Pac-Man Emulator will be doable as it requires 128k, maybe @dragon can make it work.  :-\

I have however looked at the other game, and I'm happy to say that this is doable and I've done it.

" BOOTY "

The game is now Joypad only

I've included a Trainer that gives infinite lives.  ;D

Shaun M. Neary

I saw @Phantomz was last to post in this thread and actually panicked thinking he went ahead and converted Deathkick.

You have no idea how relieved I am right now!
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

paradroid90

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:25, 09 February 18
I don't think Pac-Man Emulator will be doable as it requires 128k, maybe @dragon can make it work.  :-\

I have however looked at the other game, and I'm happy to say that this is doable and I've done it.

" BOOTY "

The game is now Joypad only

I've included a Trainer that gives infinite lives.  ;D

Thanks again, shall I keep the requests coming :-)

Phantomz

Here is another game, by Urusergi and I, this one is....

" Switch Blade8)

I know we have a GX4000 version, but some people like the original Amstrad CPC version.

You can use UP or Button 2 to Jump.

Pause / Unpause with console pause button, pause and fire 1 to quit.

This version comes with a Trainer which might help with gameplay.

It also has an option for a palette mod, which makes the game less blue.

You can also use the inbuilt cheat, on the cpc.

* CHEAT MODE (Start in another room at the beginning of the game):
  Make a minimum score of 5010 points to enter Hi-Scores and enter the word: "SLEEPY"
  Confirm by holding down one of the 4 directions (Up =2 , Left = 3 , Right = 4 or Down = 5) + FIRE until the start of the game

paradroid90

Great work Phantomz again :-) A couple of further challenges for the weekend  ;D

Dragon Attack and Magica would be cool  ;)

ukmarkh

Quote from: paradroid90 on 10:29, 11 February 18
Great work Phantomz again :-) A couple of further challenges for the weekend  ;D

I've already asked for these [emoji22] Fingers crossed 🤞

Phantomz

Quote from: paradroid90 on 10:29, 11 February 18

I haven't got time for " challenges "  :(

I do what I can when I can, I have had a look at " Magica ", I can find what needs changing to get the game to work, but can't change on discs due to compression.

Does the cngsoft version even work as can't get past the loading title screen in winape, pressing space normally works.  ???

paradroid90

Yeah, just converted the disk image to HFE and ran on my 6128 and locked up at the same point