News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

remax

Quote from: EgoTrip on 23:22, 23 February 18
See if this works, if not then I am out of ideas.

For the control, it works well now

For the second play very slow, the bug is still here.
Brain Radioactivity

Urusergi

****** ROLAND IN TIME ******

Controls:
Joy1 Fire1 -> Colour
Joy1 Fire2 -> Monochrome

Joy1 Fire1 -> Start

Ingame:

Joy1 Fire2 -> Pause & Music on/off
Pause button -> Exit

This rom comes with a Trainer (infinite lives) and bug fixes 8)

Urusergi

****** ROLAND IN SPACE ******

Controls:
Joy1 Fire1 -> Colour
Joy1 Fire2 -> Monochrome

Joy1 Fire1 -> Start

Ingame:

Pause button -> Exit
Joy2 directional pad -> Scroll
Joy2 Fire2 -> Cheat (invulnerability)

This rom comes with a Trainer (infinite lives)

paradroid90

Quote from: Urusergi on 00:14, 03 March 18
****** ROLAND IN SPACE ******

Controls:
Joy1 Fire1 -> Colour
Joy1 Fire2 -> Monochrome

Joy1 Fire1 -> Start

Ingame:

Pause button -> Exit
Joy2 directional pad -> Scroll
Joy2 Fire2 -> Cheat (invulnerability)

This rom comes with a Trainer (infinite lives)
Great work as always guys :-) If you are looking for some insperation. How about Starstrike 2. Babas Palace or Reveal :-)
Embrace all 8 Bits :-)

Phantomz

Here is " REVEAL ".

I've made the game default to Joystick, so you can just press fire to begin.

You can still change to keyboard and define keys on a plus machine with the default menu options, I've also added Joystick control to the menu to change between the options, so you can press UP for keyboard, DOWN for Joystick, LEFT to Define Keys.

There is no pause option that I can see, you needed to hold, esc, shift and ctrl to quit (reset) game, I've changed this to console pause button (P) and Fire Button 1.

I could have made the game reset with just the (P) but it's one of the default keyboard keys and also people might want to redefine to that key.  ;)

Press Fire Button 1 to pass highscore table or use the keyboard on a plus.

I've included a Trainer menu for Infinite Lives and Time.

00WReX

If anybody is having issues opening the file (.rar), I believe the file is actually a .tar

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

paradroid90

Quote from: 00WReX on 02:51, 04 March 18
If anybody is having issues opening the file (.rar), I believe the file is actually a .tar

Cheers,
Shane
Hi Shane, no issues my side.Opened fine using WinRar and playing great on my GX4000 :-) Great work again Phantomz :-)

00WReX

Quote from: paradroid90 on 09:10, 04 March 18
Hi Shane, no issues my side.Opened fine using WinRar and playing great on my GX4000 :-) Great work again Phantomz :-)

Oh yeh, no issues...I have run the .cpr as well.
It's just that I don't use WinRAR, and my archive tool did not recognise this as a .rar (all the other downloads it does).

UPDATE: Forget what I said, I just updated to the latest version of 7-zip and it recognses it as a .rar
                Strange how up until this point, it was opening all the .rar files by Phantomz.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Phantomz

Quote from: 00WReX on 09:34, 04 March 18

UPDATE: Forget what I said, I just updated to the latest version of 7-zip and it recognses it as a .rar
                Strange how up until this point, it was opening all the .rar files by Phantomz.

Cheers,
Shane

Glad you got it working in the end, the reason why this rar is different to all my other rar's is that this one was created with the latest version of WinRAR, no idea what's changed.  ::)

ukmarkh

Would Operation Thunderbolt with the crosshairs turned on full time be a possibility?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phantomz

Quote from: paradroid90 on 00:32, 03 March 18
Great work as always guys :-) If you are looking for some insperation. How about Starstrike 2. Babas Palace or Reveal :-)

I'm not sure about all the level codes in " Baba's Palace ", I could have a look at it, is the author a member on this forum?

paradroid90

Quote from: Phantomz on 00:14, 05 March 18
I'm not sure about all the level codes in " Baba's Palace ", I could have a look at it, is the author a member on this forum?
Not sure Phantomz, but its a great indie title :-)

pelrun

Quote from: Phantomz on 00:14, 05 March 18

Doesn't look like @Azicuetano has ever posted here, but the entire GPL'ed source code is included in the archive I just downloaded from CPCRetroDev... :)

Phantomz

Quote from: pelrun on 09:09, 05 March 18

Doesn't look like @Azicuetano has ever posted here, but the entire GPL'ed source code is included in the archive I just downloaded from CPCRetroDev... :)

Nice that the source code is available, however I'm not a programmer.

I can convert this to cpr format, and change the controls to be GX4000 Friendly, however I can't find where the level codes are, so can't change them.

I think a level select trainer would come in handy for this game if possible ( controlled by joystick, left and right or up and down ), that would remove the lack of buttons problem.

ukmarkh

I thought of a game, Rambo 2, but the controls were finger crippling in the original, can anything be done?

Phantomz

Quote from: ukmarkh on 00:21, 06 March 18
I thought of a game, Rambo 2, but the controls were finger crippling in the original, can anything be done?

Do you mean " Rambo - First Blood Part II " ?

If so, it's on the converted gx4000 software page.

ukmarkh

Quote from: Phantomz on 00:24, 06 March 18
Do you mean " Rambo - First Blood Part II " ?

If so, it's on the converted gx4000 software page.

I haven't seen it, have the controls been changed, original was horrible

Phantomz

Thanks to the help from @Urusergi

Here is " Operation Thunderbolt " for the PLUS, with Crosshairs turned on full time.  8)

ukmarkh

Quote from: Phantomz on 00:38, 06 March 18
Thanks to the help from @Urusergi

Here is " Operation Thunderbolt " for the PLUS, with Crosshairs turned on full time.  8)

You've just breathed the best life into an already good game, that is now great! Thx

pelrun

Quote from: Phantomz on 16:25, 05 March 18
Nice that the source code is available, however I'm not a programmer.

I can convert this to cpr format, and change the controls to be GX4000 Friendly, however I can't find where the level codes are, so can't change them.

I think a level select trainer would come in handy for this game if possible ( controlled by joystick, left and right or up and down ), that would remove the lack of buttons problem.

I found the level select code hiding in game/src/state/menu.c - it encodes the level number with a custom scheme rather than a fixed list of codes. I'd have said there's a cheat code in there that lets you enter level numbers directly, but the comments in the code told me to forget ever seeing it, so I did.

I'll see if I can find time to modify it myself, but no guarantees (I'm flaky.)

Phantomz

Quote from: pelrun on 04:25, 06 March 18

I found the level select code hiding in game/src/state/menu.c - it encodes the level number with a custom scheme rather than a fixed list of codes. I'd have said there's a cheat code in there that lets you enter level numbers directly, but the comments in the code told me to forget ever seeing it, so I did.

I'll see if I can find time to modify it myself, but no guarantees (I'm flaky.)

I found and forgot the code.  ;D

dragon

There is really not problem of change de source code, the true problem was change de source code=more  ram needed. And  the game use all the free basic ram.

So after change the source code, run"xxx". bin failed in amsdos to load.

Urusergi

****** OPERATION THUNDERBOLT ******

Menu:
Joy1 Fire1 -> 1 Player start
Joy1 Fire2 -> 2 Players start
Pause Button -> Define keys
Joy1 Up or Down -> swap players

Ingame player 1 & 2:
Joy1 Up & Q -> Up
Joy1 Down & A -> Down
Joy1 Left & U -> Left
Joy1 Right & I -> Right
Joy1 Fire1 & Space -> Fire
Joy1 Fire2 & R-> Grenade
Pause button -> Pause

Pause button & G -> Continue (end menu)

This rom comes with a Trainer (infinite credits)

Phantomz

****** OPERATION THUNDERBOLT ******

I asked @Urusergi to help do a conversion of " Operation Thunderbolt " for the CPC as the game was compressed so I couldn't work on it.

I prefer the look of the original and it's what I played as a kid, Urusergi was kind enough to do this for me.  8)

The original version he did, was joystick and keyboard, you could redefine the keys to joypad 2, but you couldn't redefine player 2 start button to joypad 2, because of this I asked Urusergi to make a couple of changes.

I asked him to change the default key set in HEX to make both Joypad/s enabled by default, and you can also continue with both joypads now.  ;D

I also asked him to apply the crosshair fix.

****** UPDATE ******

Game defaults to gamepads so just press joypad 1 button 1 or 2 to start.  ;)

Joystick = Joypad 1
Keybaord = Joypad 2
Player 1 Continue = Joypad 1 Button 1
Player 2 Continue = Joypad 2 Button 1

Pause with Console Pause Button / Any button to unpause

The following rar includes the normal version of the game and also a version with the crosshair fix.

dragon

Now finally babas palace arrive in the gx4000.(with the panthomz keys preference).

Fully playable with pad, it have take me  a lot of hours compiling making the enter code subrutine work perfectly.

So enjoy :)

http://www.babas-palace.com/