News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

remax

Quote from: CraigsBar on 23:26, 17 April 18

Ahh Yes I missed the Big M on my MorphOS machine as it does not speak nice to MegaUpload and similar sites. I have now downloaded it from my Mac :)

Thanks Shane :)

If needed, i might upload sometimes to another site (perhaps not every release).
Brain Radioactivity

CraigsBar

Quote from: remax on 08:57, 18 April 18

If needed, i might upload sometimes to another site (perhaps not every release).
Not needed for me, I can afterall just use another machine. I don't think *anyone* uses morphos exclusively do they?

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3t using Tapatalk

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 23:31, 17 April 18
Considering how many keys and options exist in the menu, I know I am not up to the challenge, but woudl anyone else please take a look at

Tankbusters by Design Design software?

It was one of the first games I bought for my CPC 464 back in the mid '80s and I'd love to play this on my GX4000 again in 2018.

Thanks

Craig

@CraigsBar

Battle-Tank Simulator

You will need both joypads for all the menu options.

Press Console Pause Button to pass highscore table.

I can't find " ESC " to edit controls in the " Select the playing keys and joystick ", however the controls are set to Joypad 1 and console button.  ;)

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 12:10, 18 April 18
@CraigsBar

Battle-Tank Simulator

You will need both joypads for all the menu options.

Press Console Pause Button to pass highscore table.

I can't find " ESC " to edit controls in the " Select the playing keys and joystick ", however the controls are set to Joypad 1 and console button.  ;)

Awesome, I know what I am playing tonight. Vector heaven.

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 12:13, 18 April 18
Awesome, I know what I am playing tonight. Vector heaven.

There was a problem with the original file I uploaded, so if you already have the game, re-download it.   ;)

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 12:33, 18 April 18
There was a problem with the original file I uploaded, so if you already have the game, re-download it.   ;)
Not yet.... No gx4000 support for android devices :'(

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 12:57, 18 April 18
Not yet.... No gx4000 support for android devices :'(

I know it was download a couple of times, so hopefully whoever got the last file will get the new one.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 13:08, 18 April 18
I know it was download a couple of times, so hopefully whoever got the last file will get the new one.
Hehehhe

Phantomz

Here is another game, this one is..

"Zona 0".

The game is now Joypad only.

Joypad 1 Button 2 to pause, any button to unpause.

There isn't a Trainer, but I've made it possible to activate the inbuilt cheat, on the first credit screen, keep pressing joypad 1 button 2 ( will flash blue for each press ) until the border flashes red, this will give you infinite lives.

ukmarkh

Quote from: Phantomz on 15:39, 23 April 18
Here is another game, this one is..

"Zona 0".

Joypad 1 Button 2 to pause, any button to unpause.

There isn't a Trainer, but I've made it possible to activate the inbuilt cheat, on the first credit screen, keep pressing joypad 1 button 2 ( will flash blue for each press ) until the border flashes red, this will give you infinite lives.

Never played this, thanks for uploading...

I'm going blind, but has anyone uploaded Terra Cognita?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phantomz

Quote from: ukmarkh on 07:55, 24 April 18
Never played this, thanks for uploading...

I'm going blind, but has anyone uploaded Terra Cognita?

You're not going blind, " Terra Cognita " hadn't been converted, not every game is done.

Here is " Terra Cognita ".

Trainer = Joypad 1 Button 1 for Yes, Joypad 1 Button 2 for No   ( can't change text ).

The game is joystick only so I didn't need to remap the controls, however when you finish the game you need to press " ESC " to continue, I've remapped this to " P " console pause button.

ukmarkh

Quote from: Phantomz on 14:15, 24 April 18
You're not going blind, " Terra Cognita " hadn't been converted, not every game is done.

Here is " Terra Cognita ".

Trainer = Joypad 1 Button 1 for Yes, Joypad 1 Button 2 for No   ( can't change text ).

The game is joystick only so I didn't need to remap the controls, however when you finish the game you need to press " ESC " to continue, I've remapped this to " P " console pause button.

I love this game [emoji23] definitely going to play it on the GX tonight. All these games available, surely the GX is a must own console now...

ukmarkh

What about the side scrolling shooter from Codemasters 'Mission Jupiter' would be nice to have that as well...

Phantomz

Here is " Mission Jupiter ".  ;)

The game is now joypad only.

I've removed the save and load highscore table as this won't work on the GX4000.

Press Joypad 1 Button 2 to Pause, Hold down Joypad 1 Button 1 to unpause.

Whilst paused, hold down Joypad 1 Button 2 for a short time, then hold down Joypad 1 Button 1, this will quit the game and go to demo mode, after this, Press Joypad 1 Button 1 to return to the main menu.

The game includes a Trainer.

paradroid90

Quote from: ukmarkh on 21:44, 24 April 18
What about the side scrolling shooter from Codemasters 'Mission Jupiter' would be nice to have that as well...

Do you know what, I was thinking of the same game yesterday :-)
Embrace all 8 Bits :-)

Phantomz

Here is another game, this one is....

" Turbo Chopper Simulator ".

Joypad 1 Button 2 to Pause, Joypad 1 Button 1 to unpause.

The game has no trainer, however I've made it possible to use the inbuilt cheat.

Whilst paused, press the console pause button, you should hear a sound, you now have infinite lives.  ;)

After you have activated the infinite lives cheat, if you pause the game, you can press up to level skip too.  ;)

DanyPPC

CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

ukmarkh

How about Speed King? I didn't see it, a great game from Mastertronic and the guy who programmed 3D Death Chase on the Speccy

ukmarkh

How about Galactic Tomb 🤪[emoji6]🧐

Phantomz

Quote from: ukmarkh on 09:41, 28 April 18
How about Speed King? I didn't see it, a great game from Mastertronic and the guy who programmed 3D Death Chase on the Speccy

Here is.....

SPEED KING

The game defaults to Joystick, so I just did a quick conversion, I've left the controls alone, the only thing I changed was ESC, it's now remapped to ( P ) Console Pause Button.

I haven't got real hardware at hand so hope it works ok.  ;D

ukmarkh

Quote from: remax on 20:48, 05 May 15
At first i tried to convert Emlyn Hughes International Soccer. I was convinced that you could play it with only a joystick as the cursor is joystick controlled.

Sadly, you need to enter a name to pick a team and you need to validate it with Enter. No button on the joystick allows that.

Also, it would need to have at least SPACE mapped to Button 2 as without it, you cannot skip the transition sequence and can lose some precious time during a match.

You would still miss ESC to leave a game and Shift+something (i forgot) to change players -> So not realistic on a GX4000 (i'm very sad of it).

* Then i thought converting Alinka, a very nice Tetris clone, really close to the arcade (when you think it was a write up program, you wouldn't believe it!), but you would need to patch the game to allow selecting 1/2 players with joystick.

That's terrible news about Emlyn, as for Alinka, that music is awful, what is it with Tetris clones and no music or crap music whilst playing.

Phantomz

Quote from: ukmarkh on 20:48, 28 April 18
That's terrible news about Emlyn, as for Alinka, that music is awful, what is it with Tetris clones and no music or crap music whilst playing.

Don't worry that's old news, nearly 3 years a go, both games are on the Converted GX4000 Software page.  ;)

ukmarkh

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:48, 28 April 18
Here is.....

SPEED KING

The game defaults to Joystick, so I just did a quick conversion, I've left the controls alone, the only thing I changed was ESC, it's now remapped to ( P ) Console Pause Button.

That's great news! Thank you [emoji1317] Anyone fancy a challenge, post your fastest lap around Silverstone?

00WReX

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:48, 28 April 18
Here is.....

SPEED KING

Excellent, an old favourite (played this a lot in the 80's) and forgot about it in recent years.
Just gave it a go on a real GX4000 and it plays perfectly.  Thanks.

Quote from: ukmarkh on 20:54, 28 April 18
That's great news! Thank you Anyone fancy a challenge, post your fastest lap around Silverstone?

I am very rusty...after a few laps, I managed a best lap of 47.8 on the Silverstone track.
It was not the smoothest lap, so I think I could scrape out a better lap.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

ukmarkh

Quote from: 00WReX on 07:22, 29 April 18
Excellent, an old favourite (played this a lot in the 80's) and forgot about it in recent years.
Just gave it a go on a real GX4000 and it plays perfectly.  Thanks.

I am very rusty...after a few laps, I managed a best lap of 47.8 on the Silverstone track.
It was not the smoothest lap, so I think I could scrape out a better lap.

Cheers,
Shane

That's a bloody good time, well done [emoji1303] what's your strategy for corner three (the loop)?