Author Topic: Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)  (Read 295412 times)

Offline iXien

• CPC464
    • Homebrew.AmstradToday
  • Liked: 90
  • Likes Given: 17
Re: Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)
« Reply #2525 on: 23:16, 02 December 19 »
What an interesting news! Do you have more informations, someone made a video during the RGC? Chase HQ is a good CPC game but there are so much more to had like all the musics of the Spectrum version and yes, a "plus" palette. Not really necessary imo but why not.
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

Offline XeNoMoRPH

• 6128 Plus
  • " ... in space no one , can hear you scream ... "
  • Liked: 1069
  • Likes Given: 929
« Reply #2526 on: 09:09, 03 December 19 »
What an interesting news! Do you have more informations, someone made a video during the RGC? Chase HQ is a good CPC game but there are so much more to had like all the musics of the Spectrum version and yes, a "plus" palette. Not really necessary imo but why not.
http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/games/toki-conversion-for-cpc-(-wip-)/msg181081/#msg181081

Offline iXien

• CPC464
    • Homebrew.AmstradToday
« Reply #2527 on: 10:07, 03 December 19 »
This "plus" palette is a nice feature for a regular GX4000 unofficial conversion and surely has its place here  8) 

But to be honest it's not what we can await from a game presented in a demoparty. Like the french guy says in the video, 128k seem to be needed again to hear the digital speeches, so forget GX4000 if there is no optimisation. And for me, it would be sad if they don't take the opportunity to add all the musics that can be heard in the Speccy version.
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

Offline dragon

• 6128 Plus
  • Liked: 572
  • Likes Given: 482
« Reply #2528 on: 10:35, 03 December 19 »
As I remember vagely(was one of the first games I made). The game have the voices player in the 64k base, and the voice data is in a 16k second bank.

But I don't know if the player can play music. And if the game anyway can handle it witouth a big slowdown.

But theorically you can call the player anytime and tell here where is the sound data.

Anyway i don't have knowledge about music.

Offline TotO

• 6128 Plus
    • ?area=showdonations;u=4
  • Liked: 2636
  • Likes Given: 1565
« Reply #2529 on: 10:42, 03 December 19 »
This "plus" palette is a nice feature for a regular GX4000 unofficial conversion and surely has its place here  8) 

But to be honest it's not what we can await from a game presented in a demoparty. Like the french guy says in the video, 128k seem to be needed again to hear the digital speeches, so forget GX4000 if there is no optimisation. And for me, it would be sad if they don't take the opportunity to add all the musics that can be heard in the Speccy version.

The RGC is not a demo party, but more a place about retro gaming.

By the way, I share your point of view about the 128K RAM usage, because it is absolutly not required if you properly use the ROM instead, moreover the GX4000 is the target system. About the music, I don't find any Spectrum video with that. But sure, it will be great to think to add them from the Atari ST version in example. (probably we do not know all about this WIP game)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Offline iXien

• CPC464
    • Homebrew.AmstradToday
« Reply #2530 on: 15:04, 03 December 19 »
You're right, that's a chiptune collection that misled me. There is no ingame music on Speccy. But yes, using the ST musics and all the speeches to improve the sound department in Chase HQ using the cartridge capabilities would be marvellous. Well, stop dreaming now, it will be good if this upgrade comes with even this new palette  :D

Offline remax

• 6128 Plus
  • Liked: 385
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #2531 on: 18:18, 05 December 19 »
@remax did not come here since August the 19th. Hope he will see our posts naming him and be able to take time to make these updates  :D

i have very little time at this moment of the year, but i will eventually update when i can... ;)

Offline AxelStone

• CPC664
  • CPC 464+
  • Liked: 41
  • Likes Given: 9
Wow I'm really impressed, more than 600 games converted. The C4CPC is really happy!!!

One question guys: is the game Nemesis the Warlock converted? Thanks

Offline VincentGR

• 6128 Plus
    • Parts from the past.
  • Liked: 615
  • Likes Given: 1586
Wow I'm really impressed, more than 600 games converted. The C4CPC is really happy!!!

One question guys: is the game Nemesis the Warlock converted? Thanks