News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantomz

Done some more games:

Flying Shark
Spellbound - A True Graphic Adventure
Stormbringer - A True Graphic Adventure

I've been messing about with a hex editor today which I use to add pokes etc, I've been trying to look at changing the Y/N to Joypad Button 1 & 2.
I've managed to be able to do that with a couple of games, the good news is, it will skip past the trainer screen so the game will load, but it doesn't matter which you press the cheats won't work.

I've never done this sort of thing before, so looking for call commands in winape etc is a bit beyond me, but like I said I'm trying to do stuff.

I noticed a version of Donkey Kong cpr on here, is it just not on the list due to it having a trainer?

I've changed the Y / N to Joypand buttons 1 & 2, so it should load now if that was all that was stopping it.  :D

I didn't like that it said " Invulnerability Y / N " with the trainer not working, so I've changed it to " Press Fire Button.... " Press whichever you like to load the game.  :D

Anyway it's here, hope it works ok on real hardware  8)

McKlain

Quote from: arnoldemu on 13:58, 11 May 15
Saint Dragon uses direct floppy disc controller access. That is not supported and I can't detect that.

Same with Dragon breed. it too is using direct floppy disc controller access.

I converted subhunter to cpr and it gets stuck on the logo screen. I guess that it has the same problem.

dragon

I fixed mikie to pass the menu.

Mikie is an arcade recreative conversion if you not know.

Phantomz

Here is my 2nd CNG Trainer bypass  ;D this time it's " Forgotten Worlds " :D

Does anyone know the numbers for the joystick, up down left and right please? I know Joypad Button 1 = X = 5A  and Joypad Button 2 = Z = 58

Cheers  ;D

yurif74

Quote from: Phantomz on 17:16, 11 May 15
Does anyone know the numbers for the joystick, up down left and right please? I know Joypad Button 1 = X = 5A  and Joypad Button 2 = Z = 58

Cheers  ;D
i suppose you're talking about joystick 2..
run this cpr on gx4000 or winape, after running screen remain black but if you press buttons and move joystick value is displayed (you have to hold button for about 1 sec to display)

yurif74

Houston we have a problem here!
could someone test FRANKIE on a real GX4000 please?
i'm able to run in winape but it doesn't work on GX4000 (player can't be moved around)

Juri

Phantomz

Quote from: yurif74 on 20:08, 11 May 15
i suppose you're talking about joystick 2..
run this cpr on gx4000 or winape, after running screen remain black but if you press buttons and move joystick value is displayed (you have to hold button for about 1 sec to display)

Cheers for that, but it does help, I need HEX codes, Joypad Button 1 = X = 5A  and  Joypad Button 2 = Z = 58.

I use the joystick in winape and get the following with that test cart.

Joystick Up    = 72 ( 48 )
Joystick Down  = 73 ( 49 )
Joystick Left  = 74 ( 4A )
Joystick Right = 75 ( 4B )
Joystick Fire  = 76 ( 4C )
Joystick Fire2 = 77 ( 4D )

No use to me  :'(

So I still need the numbers for the joystick, up down left and right please? Some one will know on here.  ;D

remax

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 18:37, 08 May 15
I patched Cauldron as CPR (with joystick controlled cheats)

Select:
German (Joypad left)
English  (Joypad up)
French   (Joypad down)

Also select:
Unlimited hags and magic (Joypad left/right)

I hope it works on GX4000?!? Who can prove it?

Updated
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 20:37, 11 May 15
Updated

remax have you got joypad codes in HEX please, I need to do some patching too  ;D

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:44, 11 May 15
remax have you got joypad codes in HEX please, I need to do some patching too  ;D

I still have 5 pages to read before (maybe) answering this question :D
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

I take a look of super mario bros. i don't know how patch it, they use a propietary subrutine in &fe61 to read the key menu pressed.

Very rare first he look if you presss something.later it look for a bit swith to1.

add shifts add, some calculatiions, and then they calculte a direction where he found 00 or 01(1 or two players). Ant the the games begin to load in 8121.

a laberinthy.

andycadley

Quote from: yurif74 on 20:11, 11 May 15
i'm able to run in winape but it doesn't work on GX4000 (player can't be moved around)

Juri
Nope, doesn't let you move around here either. Possibly incompatible with the Pluses PPI implementation?

remax

Quote from: CraigsBar on 14:35, 11 May 15
I played some of these over the weekend. And some suffer from power cycle to get through the high score table entry. These games should be demoted to need fix right?

Yes! Please spot them and move them to the right session
Brain Radioactivity

remax

Quote from: yurif74 on 20:11, 11 May 15

Juri

Don't work on MESS too

Phantomz, did you test Forgotten Worlds and Donkey Kong on a real GX4000, cause on MESS i can't get past the title screen ?

Mickey Mouse lacks the ability to switch between watergun and hammer (space)
Brain Radioactivity

yurif74

confirm, donkey kong can't get past the title screen on real GX4000

EDIT: it require to press SPACEBAR to pass title screen

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 21:09, 11 May 15
Don't work on MESS too

Phantomz, did you test Forgotten Worlds and Donkey Kong on a real GX4000, cause on MESS i can't get past the title screen ?

Mickey Mouse lacks the ability to switch between watergun and hammer (space)

No sorry, I've removed them both for now, thought they should work as I think everything else did, I'll look into them some more, good news is my gx4000 came today  :D still waiting for my c4cpc in the post, soz  :-[  :laugh:

McKlain

Quote from: yurif74 on 21:53, 11 May 15
confirm, donkey kong can't get past the title screen on real GX4000

EDIT: it require to press SPACEBAR to pass title screen

Donkey Kong is avalaible on the Amstrad Classics cartridge wich comes with the C4CPC. That version works fine, but shows a graphics problem on the hud wich has been discussed on some other thread.

dragon

o.K, this is the worst crappy hack in the amstrad history.

But with lucky it works.

Haked mario bros.

2 version crack, 1 player and 2 players.

if you amstrad gx4000 is destroyed i don't know nothing.

CraigsBar

2 of the less famous "Gauntlet" games from me today....

Gauntlet from MicroPower - a really rather good Defender Clone
Run the Gauntlet - a tricky (sometimes close to uncontrollable) UK TV show spin off

It's a shame Gauntlet itself will be a pig to convert. Not only is it not plus friendly, it will crash when it tries to save the High Scores.

Craig
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

remax

Quote from: dragon on 22:16, 11 May 15
o.K, this is the worst crappy hack in the amstrad history.

But with lucky it works.

Haked mario bros.

2 version crack, 1 player and 2 players.

if you amstrad gx4000 is destroyed i don't know nothing.

Uploaded
Brain Radioactivity

dcdrac

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 22:10, 11 May 15
No sorry, I've removed them both for now, thought they should work as I think everything else did, I'll look into them some more, good news is my gx4000 came today  :D still waiting for my c4cpc in the post, soz  :-[ :laugh:

But not delete my games!!. Move it to it need to be fixed whit a note . I can't read all thread to search the games works partialiy. to look at then.

If later it cannot be fixed then delete it.

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 23:09, 11 May 15
But not delete my games!!. Move it to it need to be fixed whit a note . I can't read all thread to search the games works partialiy. to look at then.

If later it cannot be fixed then delete it.

You what, I haven't removed any of your games, I removed the two I put up.  ???

Phantomz

Quote from: Phantomz on 23:19, 11 May 15
You what, I haven't removed any of your games, I removed the two I put up.  ???

All I removed was Donkey Kong & Forgotten worlds, which I made myself from cng disks.

I'm fixing the trainers now, will upload in abit, so people can try and sort out the space bar problem or I'll look into it when I can.  ;)

dragon

No problem,as he reported problems with mickey and dragon lair, i think you delete it. Maybe its not uploaded o other deleted it.

:P.