News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC v the 16-bits

Started by ComSoft6128, 18:32, 12 March 19

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantomz

FEUD is better on the 8 bit computers apart from the C64 as this version doesn't play correctly I believe.

ComSoft6128

I never thought there would be so many possible choices.
Might be a theme for one of the "Big Four" video producers (Zoe Robinson, chinnyhill10, Xyphoe or Novabug) to explore sometime in the future?

andycadley

Quote from: Otto on 12:17, 19 March 19
Yes, the original Chuckie Egg on the ZX Spectrum is a true videogame gem.
The CPC conversion is still good (has it been done by the original Nigel Alderton?), but frankly the 16 bit conversions have not much in common with the original game anymore.

The original Chuckie Egg is a BBC B game, isn't it? Can't say I've ever played the 16-bit version but I don't see it as a game that would necessarily get better by just putting better graphics/music on it. For a lot of those early arcade type games, you kind of need the purity of simple graphics and sound for it to work IMO.

kawickboy

Quote from: Gryzor on 15:44, 15 March 19

Defender of the Crown? How come?
There is a bug in the cpc release, so it's really rare to be able to get married.

Gryzor

Quote from: lmimmfn on 03:12, 19 March 19
Have to disagree on Silkworm, the Amiga version is better than the coin-op and the CPC version is not close to either in terms of gfx, sound or playability.
Loved the coin-op, had cpc version, got amiga and Silkworm for it and was blown away. I still play the Amiga version at least once a year.

IIRC the Amiga and Atari version don't let you control both jeep and heli simultaneously. For me that was a major fun factor.

Gryzor

Quote from: kawickboy on 11:21, 20 March 19
There is a bug in the cpc release, so it's really rare to be able to get married.

Celibacy on the CPC? I blame mary Whitehouse.

Carnivius

Quote from: lmimmfn on 03:12, 19 March 19
Have to disagree on Silkworm, the Amiga version is better than the coin-op and the CPC version is not close to either in terms of gfx, sound or playability.
Loved the coin-op, had cpc version, got amiga and Silkworm for it and was blown away. I still play the Amiga version at least once a year.
Yeah I had both versions and the CPC was fine but the Amiga version was a heck of a lot more enjoyable to me and my friend I used to play it with loads.  The sound effects in particularly are so satisfyingly punchy and adds to the fun.  Also had much more variety in background graphics and colour schemes.  CPC version seemed to all be set at night cos it lacked backgrounds.  CPC version was a fine version to buy on budget since I didn't have an Amiga at the time but enjoyed playing the game on my friend's Amiga but yeah once I got my Amiga 1200 I was quite happy to move onto the Amiga version and the CPC was rarely taken off the shelf from that point on.

Quote from: kawickboy on 11:21, 20 March 19
My life is bugged in that way too.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife