News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Do you play every game you buy

Started by Dombalurina, 20:35, 21 March 18

Previous topic - Next topic

Dombalurina

I'm finding lately that I enjoy the acquisition of games almost as much as playing them. Does anybody else have a near insurmountable backlog of games that they'll probably never get through?

Nich

Quote from: Dominoid on 20:35, 21 March 18
I'm finding lately that I enjoy the acquisition of games almost as much as playing them. Does anybody else have a near insurmountable backlog of games that they'll probably never get through?

I have over 30 boxes filled with CPC cassettes and discs that I have acquired (mostly through eBay) over a period of many years. There is no way I will ever play all of them! :laugh:

tjohnson

Yes I've got quite a few games that I've bought and never played, not on the Amstrad but on PS4/PS3/Wii U and a small steam library with a few games that have barely been touched.  I try not to buy new games anymore as I just don't play them I have enjoyed the relative simplicity of the old Amstrad games.

Shaun M. Neary

Yep.
Although that doesn't necessarily mean I'm any good at it. But I keep coming back. I bought Robocop back in 1988, I still haven't finished it (although I did make it to the very end of the game the other night and got gunned down. :( )

I'm also in the middle of trying to rebuild my tape collection, and that's probably going to be easier said than done.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Dagger

Being a collector I used to test every game when I got a new one. This I did for the about the 1st 1300-1400 games, but the last 400 games approx I just have not bothered.
Life's a bitch. You marry one or two then you die !

Scautura

I'm going through my old collection (shoved in the attic in 95!) and I keep coming to games and going "When did I get that? I don't remember playing that!"

Of course, this might be due to memory issues I'm having since a specific incident, but I really don't remember getting "The Untouchables", and even less ever playing it! Of course, I've corrected that now (although it was on emulator, as I haven't got as far as finding my tape drive yet, but I've still got some stuff to go through)

Dombalurina

Quote from: Scautura on 14:17, 22 March 18
I'm going through my old collection (shoved in the attic in 95!) and I keep coming to games and going "When did I get that? I don't remember playing that!

:laugh: I keep getting that too. On a few occasions I've even gone as far as to buy a game that I already have, then get home and go to put it in the rack and realise I've now got two copies of it!

Lazy Dude

It's nice to know that there are other people out there that are like me and stil discovering stuff in there own homes!
Mostly the problem with games not yet played is that there are way to many decent ones to choose from.

Lazy Dude

Quote from: Dominoid on 16:21, 22 March 18
:laugh: I keep getting that too. On a few occasions I've even gone as far as to buy a game that I already have, then get home and go to put it in the rack and realise I've now got two copies of it!

I managed to get 3 copies of 1943 🤣

Shaun M. Neary

I'm always on the hunt for duplicates provided the price isn't LOLmoney generated from "looking on eBay"
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?