News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Does anybody else collect awful games?

Started by Dominoid, 16:55, 22 March 18

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominoid

I've been curating a little subcollection of dreadful games since I started collecting and it's quite accomplished now. I managed to get a copy of my holy grail quite recently when a copy of Count Duckula 2 finally turned up on eBay at a sensible price. I know I'm not the only one as I've seen a few collectors out there on YouTube, but do we have any in our midst here?

deepfb

I am amassing a collection of awful game covers, which is very often related to the quality of the game itself.

Sorry, the link is only in spanish, and it covers not only CPC titles; but there are plenty pictures for you to enjoy :-D

Dominoid

Quote from: deepfb on 21:52, 22 March 18
I am amassing a collection of awful game covers, which is very often related to the quality of the game itself.

Sorry, the link is only in spanish, and it covers not only CPC titles; but there are plenty pictures for you to enjoy :-D

This is superb! Some of them look like they were probably drawn by the coder's children  :laugh:

Bryce

Quote from: deepfb on 21:52, 22 March 18

You have offended my eyes! Great collection.

Bryce.

asertus

A game with a good cover sometimes is great, good or bad.. One with a bad cover is always bad.., but maybe worth it  :D

Some videos playing them..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFXqVa28mjk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIZTlamkwNM

Carnivius

Quote from: asertus on 08:51, 23 March 18
A game with a good cover sometimes is great, good or bad.. One with a bad cover is always bad.., but maybe worth it  :D

Mega Man on NES is a famous example of a good game with terrible box art (on the US release... I actually really love the EU box art).

To be fair a lot of those bad box arts still at least show more creativity and charm (and colour)than a lot of modern game box art.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Lazy Dude

I always thought it was not so much how the box art looked and more to do with what platform the screen shots were taken from. Was there anything more annoying to discover the microscopic box image was infact from an amiga.

Dominoid

Quote from: Lazy Dude on 11:21, 26 March 18
I always thought it was not so much how the box art looked and more to do with what platform the screen shots were taken from. Was there anything more annoying to discover the microscopic box image was infact from an amiga.
Yes, that annoyed me so much!
"Screenshots may vary"

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

AMSDOS

Occasionally I've had the pleasure of conquering a game which has been someones nightmare.  :D (Sorry I don't wish to disclose the game or the person).
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

MacDeath

QuoteDoes anybody else collect awful games?
I must admit I actually own a Spectrum+2 and a big box of cassettes for it...