News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Doomsday Lost Echoes - Polyplay

Started by ldaneels, 14:23, 04 October 17

Previous topic - Next topic

ldaneels

I pre-ordered Doomsday Lost Echoes on Polyplay & still haven't received the game. The game was supposed to ship on September 1st, so it's a bit of a concern that I still haven't received it.
Normally I would not post here for such matters, but I don't seem to be able to reach Polyplay. I never had any problems with them in the past, so I'm not sure what is happening. I have tried to send messages through the website (twice) to no avail.
I am not trying to stir anything or diss on them, as I have said, I quite like Polyplay & have been very satisfied with them in the past. But if anyone knows how to get a hold of the owner, I would appreciate.

||C|-|E||

Hello!

Sorry to hear that you still did not receive the copy. Nobody of us (meaning by "us" the guys involved in making the game) has any control on the shipments or how the physical edition is handled and produced, but I know that lately Sebastian has been very busy and maybe this is the cause of the delay. In any case, if you don´t have any news in the following days I can try to contact him on your behalf  :)

Targhan

I also ordered a copy, but still haven't received it, but I expect this is normal, the delay was announced somewhere on another thread... My copy of Golden Tail took quite a while too. As long as I have it before Christmas, I'm happy :) .

By the way, my order in the website is still noted as "paid" whereas Golden Tail is "shipped". So this explains everything.
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

||C|-|E||

What I know for sure is that some of the copies have arrived  :) Gryzor received his today and Dubliner had it a few days ago, I even saw a picture, hehe  :D

ldaneels

Thanks for all the replies. That goes a long way to reassure me :)
I just wish I got an answer from Sebastian, but if everyone (weel, not everyone, obviously) is in the same boat, I'll be happy to wait.

khaz

I received mine today after ordering it in July lol. Though apparently my problem was that I ordered it along other games, which went out of stock by the time Doomsday Last Echoes was released.

I was quite impressed by the box, I didn't expect to receive a PC-sized big box. I don't think I have anything Amstrad of that size lol. I suppose the manual and poster need that much space.

[edit] I received a shipment notice a couple of weeks ago (in German). Check your inbox if you haven't, maybe it went into your spam folder. It's sent by "poly.play".

[edit 2] @||C|-|E||, did you guys had any input on the packaging? Apart from providing the artwork I mean.

||C|-|E||

Great to know that they are arriving!  :D

Regarding the package, there are different options you can choose from and we just went for the biggest possible one. We also chose what type of extras we would add, like stickers, SD card, poster... finally Sebastian gave us the sizes of everything, Dani prepared the artwork and we sent the stuff to him  :)

khaz

Actually I was lying, the box is about as big as the only Infocom game I managed to get for the CPC (HHGG). Also, Protext. And Athanor, which is as big but not as large. (Athanor 2's box will be just as big but much thicker. Damn, I don't have infinite shelf space! :( )

ldaneels

Man, that sounds good! I can't wait to receive mine.

emuman

I can confirm too that Polyplay is sending the game.  I had the game preordered in August and last Friday I received an email from Polyplay stating that the game has been sent and finally I received it yesterday, a really impressive physical edition. The big box is a must for such a lovely artwork on it and in the manual.

Manu

I preordered the game on July 28th along Magica and Golden Tail, and the order is still marked as "paid".

LUCKY YOU!  ;D

ldaneels

I just got an email confirming the order just shipped, so all's well that ends well.

Targhan

I just received my collector version. It is gorgeous! Big package, professional quality. It is really worth it for the price. More on this when I play the game (again) :).
Great work!!
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime