News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Duck Out - conversion of ZX Spectrum game by CNGSoft

Started by Nich, 22:55, 30 December 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Nich

Over the Christmas holidays, CNGSoft released a conversion of the ZX Spectrum and MSX game Duck Out, which was originally released by Dro Soft in 1989.

[attach=2] [attach=3]

You play a duck who starts in the kitchen of a restaurant, armed with a frying pan, and you must bash various opponents as you make your way out of the kitchen, into the city, and then to the park where you can be reunited with your girlfriend.

CNGSoft has made several improvements, including faster scrolling, modifications to the controls to make the game easier to play, and addition of sound effects and music (provided by Daniel Canales).

I first posted news about Duck Out back in 2015, so it's great that it has finally been released. You can download Duck Out from CNGSoft's web site.

PS. He also released a new version of his entry for the 2017 #CPCRetroDev competition, Basket Cases. :)

ervin

What an absolutely fantastic way to finish off 2017!
It's an excellent port!
I'm really impressed with how fast it is - it'll take some getting used to.
:)

jesusdelmas

ive played duck out and ir id good but really hard XD. good conversion.  :)

jesusdelmas

reidrac

Micro-hobby (Spanish press) gave it a good score, highlighting the funny graphics and a nice ending, although the gameplay was a bit repetitive.

I didn't know the Speccy version, but this one plays great.
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

||C|-|E||

This is awesome! I always wanted to play it in the CPC  :D

jesusdelmas

i have played more and it is too dificult... too fast enemies..m they should come a little slower otherwise noone will finish even the first level.

||C|-|E||

It is certainly difficult, but not as much as the Speccy version. That one was a nightmare!  :D

Joseman

Quote from: jesusdelmas on 19:45, 02 January 18
i have played more and it is too dificult... too fast enemies..m they should come a little slower otherwise noone will finish even the first level.
i finished the game after 5 or 6 tries, the combo system where you gain energy makes the game too easy!

Enviado desde mi GT-N7100 mediante Tapatalk

jesusdelmas

Quote from: Joseman on 02:49, 03 January 18
i finished the game after 5 or 6 tries, the combo system where you gain energy makes the game too easy!

Enviado desde mi GT-N7100 mediante Tapatalk

is there a combo system??? im gonna check it up...