News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

El linaje real [new game from ESP Soft]

Started by Joseman, 12:47, 17 May 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseman

Hi pals

this game has been released!

I have been playing this morning and i love it, the graphics, the gameplay... all!! great work guys!!

source: http://espsoft.blogspot.com.es/2017/05/el-linaje-real.html

Hint for M4/mass storage users, the disc.bin file must be modified in order to play with this hardware.

With an hex editor (winhex for example) just edit the file (disc.bin) search in hexadecimal for : CDCEBC and change it for CDCBBC, save it and upload the game to the cpc!!

Targhan

Went to level 2. I liked the graphics and the fact that the sword hit harder as Fire is pressed. Level 2 is much harder, I'll try again later.
Nice work!
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

remax

Quote from: Joseman on 12:47, 17 May 17
Hi pals

this game has been released!

I have been playing this morning and i love it, the graphics, the gameplay... all!! great work guys!!

source: http://espsoft.blogspot.com.es/2017/05/el-linaje-real.html

Hint for M4/mass storage users, the disc.bin file must be modified in order to play with this hardware.

With an hex editor (winhex for example) just edit the file (disc.bin) search in hexadecimal for : CDCEBC and change it for CDCBBC, save it and upload the game to the cpc!!

Can you, please, upload the modded game. I don't know what i'm doing bad but either i extract the file, apply the patch and readd the modded file via managedsk, or if i apply the patch directly on the dsk, but in both case, the game hangs on a blue screen.

EDIT : Huh... nevermind, the game work without any  modification in fact. Should have tryied that from the start  :P

EDIT 2 : Well, in fact it works but resets at the end of a game, so would be nice to have a fully functionnal game.
Brain Radioactivity

Joseman

Hi

I'm afraid of upload a modded game from a so recent production without the permission from its creators

keep in mind that with BCCB ALL the roms are enabled, if you have a lot of roms loaded, some code of the game could be overwritten!

I have only the m4 rom loaded and the game works well till level 4 that i suspect is the last level, i restarted the game over and over and over (damn jumps!!), no reset no problems with it!!

P.S. remember always to extract the files on a directory, not read into a DSK, the M4 works better from directories than inside DSK's

Xifos

Nice game !
:)

Some jumps are not easy (to me)...

Joseman

Hi

A new version of the game has emerged: v1.0.1 (fixed a couple of things)

same link to download (and same modification needed for mass storages):

http://espsoft.blogspot.com.es/2017/05/el-linaje-real.html?m=1

villain

Opportunity to learn something. Maybe it's a stupid question, so don't beat me... ;-) Could the change also be made with WinAPE-debugger and directly saved to the .dsk? How?

Joseman

Quote from: villain on 16:30, 20 May 17
Opportunity to learn something. Maybe it's a stupid question, so don't beat me... ;-) Could the change also be made with WinAPE-debugger and directly saved to the .dsk? How?

Hi, i think that is a lot easier make it with an hexeditor.

I think that a .bas can be made too, first load the disc.bin file in his load address and then poke the #CE data on the #xxxx address (don't remember exactly) with a #CB data and then call the original routine.

of course a new loader (with the CNGsoft way of detecting ROM mass storage devices) can be made too, but i think that a permission from the autors is needed..

rafa32gr

edit