News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Eliminator (Hewson) on Amstrad CPC 6128+

Started by DanyPPC, 14:45, 15 December 17

Previous topic - Next topic

DanyPPC

I found this game doesn't work on my CPC 6128+ with Gotek HXC and C4CPC cartridge.
The same game (CNGSoft 2014 version) works properly on standard CPC 464 and 464+

May you test on your 6128+ ?
Or is there a patch for it ?

Thanks
CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

Shaun M. Neary

I can give it a go later when I get back from the office. I'm fairly certain I have a working version for a 6128+  :)
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

DanyPPC

CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: DanyPPC on 17:24, 15 December 17
Thanks Shaun

I had no luck with this at all so far i'm afraid on my 6128+

I loaded two versions. The first one was Two Mag's crack, that brought me to the title screen, but crashed as soon as the game started.
The second was CNGSoft's latest one. That just nuked with a reset after I went to start the game.

My memory must have been playing it on an old CPC6128 and not the plus.  :(

Tested with both a Gotek HXC as well as the M4 board. Both had the same results.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

dragon

Try with the french downgrade cartride if it work.

Shaun M. Neary

Oh, I forgot I have a C4CPC downstairs.

Can try it!

Shaun M. Neary

No dice. Tried rb patched firmware

Firmware 3.16 and 3.15 also didn't work unfortunately.

00WReX

Yes, crashing for me too after the title screen.
Tried it on my 6128 Plus from the M4 board.
Also tried it on the same computer loading via GOTEK (FlashFloppy firmware).

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

DanyPPC

Exactly what happens on my machine.

I was looking for a confirmation.
That's pity because Eliminator is a good game on Amstrad CPC.
It requires a fix on 6128+

Thanks to all !

dragon

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 01:20, 16 December 17
No dice. Tried rb patched firmware

Firmware 3.16 and 3.15 also didn't work unfortunately.

What patch? It no have burnin rubber menu. I speak about these: http://cpcwiki.eu/imgs/7/7a/Basic_%28F%29_%28White_Label%29.zip

Shaun M. Neary

There's a few patched firmwares other than the white label one out there.

None of them work in this instance.
The White label one is also pretty useless for those who can't use awkward French keyboards.  :laugh:

Phantomz

Have you tried the versions by " XOR " or " Nicholas CAMPBELL " ?

DanyPPC

DanyPPC

Nothing to do, both cpr and dsk/hfe didn't work on CPC 6128+
The game reset the machine after start on the menù.

Thank you Phantomz for you interest.

Phantomz

Quote from: DanyPPC on 17:50, 16 December 17
Nothing to do, both cpr and dsk/hfe didn't work on CPC 6128+
The game reset the machine after start on the menù.

Thank you Phantomz for you interest.

No problem, sorry they didn't work, I thought they would.  ???

I can't test on a real machine at the moment, but I changed the xor menu in the cpr and it worked in MESS emulator, so thought it was going to work.  ::)

DanyPPC

The strange thing is that WinAPE in 6128+ configuration runs the game without problems
but the emulator is not the real machine.

Shaun M. Neary

Another thing I thought of (as I think it's a hardware issue), was clearing the additional 64k using the  multiface but I got the same result there too.

It's definitely interesting all the same.

dragon

O.k i take a look at the game inside when i have spare time.

DanyPPC

Maybe there are also other games that do not run on 6128+ but Eliminator is the first one i found.

dragon

Is a hardaware bus problem:

in
&82f9 call &4fef

org #4fef
ld bc,#fbed
in a,(c)
rrca
ret c
pop hl
ld sp,#14fc
ret

In plus computers the in a,(c) returns &78 Thats made he not execute the instruction ret c instead it execute the last ret returning to &0000 restarting the computer.

In normal 6128 (and winape) it recieve a &ff executing the ret c and returning to &82fc

Try change the ret c to ret. d8->c9

DanyPPC

Yes, now it works !

Tested successfully on my 6128+ machine.
Thank you very much Dragon !

Phantomz

Nice work @dragon  8)

I noticed that you worked on the original disc.

I've applied your fix and also the level 12 bug fix to the XOR version, I did this so we have a version with a Trainer and also so that we can have it in cpr format.  ;D

I've tested the cpr in my 6128+ and it works great so the disc should work too.  ;D

DanyPPC

I confirm, this patched version works great in C4CPC and HxC Gotek,
many thanks to both Dragon and Phantomz !

Shaun M. Neary

Nice work, Dragon! 😊

And to Phantomz as well to make it for the GX4000

CraigsBar

You guys are awesome!

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3t using Tapatalk

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode