News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

fananciating of new games, why not?

Started by Joseman, 22:16, 01 November 13

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseman

Hi all

i've been thinking the last days on an idea, i think that someone brought the same idea sometime ago.

When we where young and the cpc was our only and lovely computer, we saved money for weeks and spend all in cpc games, games that only have to be the best because of the little money we have (at least was my situation).

now we are less young :D, but we have a work and have the same ilusions about to see new games on cpc, i read titles here like football fever, SF2, redoing Shinobi, the game being developed on the target renegade thread (very very interesting to me), or thousands of ideas about games that i love to see made or remaked on cpc.

Here on the forum we have the best programmers, the best graphic designers, the best composers, and I know that the majority of them are doing this for hobby and fun on his free time, but, i think that nowadays thanks to the forums and internet it's very easy to collect money to let this developers earn some money, and why not even develop the game more quickly because that it will be some kind of mini-job and they can spend more time on the project.

I think that games like football fever, SF2, shinobi remake, target renegade thread (have this game a name?) and a lot of ideas i read here, deserve to be achieved and the people involved deserve earn some money.

I'm not talking about a lot of money, but we are a lot of people, the amount of money can be considerable to maintain this kind of "business" and, lets get honest, we spend 15 to 30 euros every weekend on bad habits like alcohol, tobacco, or restaurants, cinema, why not on this too? if we have money for one thing we have money for this too no? ;)

I think on games like orion prime or the r-type remake that both are an amazing job, very very professional, and that i spend a lot of hours gaming and having fun, the same hours going out will be a lot of wasted money XD. This people have my admiration and for me, they deserve to earn money without a doubt.

With things like paypal this is very very easy, we'll have our games like on the old days and the developers will earn money like the old days too

What do you think?

let the debate begin! ;)

TFM

You are absolutely right.  :)

There is a game (well, which surprise!) you can buy now:

http://www.cc-cpc.de/

This is a conversion from the PC to the CPC. The company is willing to do more CPC games. Of course only if there is at least some interest.

If CC will get sold well, then there will be a bigger project for the CPC (which is confidential at the moment).

So you all can contribute by buying CC.

BTW: You get an unique serial number, which will allow you to sell that game later on on ebay for a high price.

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

rexbeng

Hi

There's also the games from Axelay which are published by Psytronik Software (
http://www.psytronik.net/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=41&Itemid=63) ;)

rb

dcdrac

Quote from: TFM on 22:35, 01 November 13
You are absolutely right.  :)

There is a game (well, which surprise!) you can buy now:

http://www.cc-cpc.de/

This is a conversion from the PC to the CPC. The company is willing to do more CPC games. Of course only if there is at least some interest.

If CC will get sold well, then there will be a bigger project for the CPC (which is confidential at the moment).

So you all can contribute by buying CC.

BTW: You get an unique serial number, which will allow you to sell that game later on on ebay for a high price.

Put an order in not had an email yet

TFM

Let me know if you don't get an comfirmation. There was a last update for the tapes, so they have to make the batch new. :)

BTW: It's all nonprofit, the boss of AMC just like the CPC. He make PC software usually, but his dream was always to release something for the CPC. So, we'll do.  :)

Any kind of support is really appreciated.  :) This way a bigger project can be started. More as soon as we're ready to go. However, we talk about something big and it will - of course - take years.  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Rhino

Currently I think this is already possible in Kickstarter and similars.
Who dares it to try it with a CPC game? :)

dcdrac

Confirmation received order placed.

TMR

Quote from: Joseman on 22:16, 01 November 13I'm not talking about a lot of money, but we are a lot of people, the amount of money can be considerable to maintain this kind of "business" and, lets get honest, we spend 15 to 30 euros every weekend on bad habits like alcohol, tobacco, or restaurants, cinema, why not on this too? if we have money for one thing we have money for this too no?

The problem is that you can't really turn writing 8-bit code into a "mini job" because most of the people doing this kind of coding are already slipping an hour or two in whenever they get a chance; it isn't a lack of finances that prevents those of us coding from throwing more time into our projects, it's having a family, holding down a day job or two, having less stamina so the old twenty four hour coding marathons are less and less frequent, that sort of thing.

Supporting the existing coders either morally or financially helps of course, but another option is learning to code and writing something yourself; it isn't easy of course because nothing worthwhile ever will be, but it's bloody good fun when you get past the initial hump in the learning curve as long as you're sensible about what projects you consider going for. The phrase "the more the merrier" seems to be true here as well, so if enough people start that encourages others to either do the same. Hell, there's the 16K competition next year if you fancy working to a deadline!

Gryzor

First of all: guys please, can you stop talking about selling already existing titles and how you placed orders and received no emails and whatnot? There's another thread for that.

Second: TMR is right, but I feel there could be room for more encouragement. The problem would be to find the appropriate platform - Kickstarter is very big and strict, but maybe there's some other escrow system that would allow us to pledge support?

TMR

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:57, 03 November 13Second: TMR is right, but I feel there could be room for more encouragement. The problem would be to find the appropriate platform - Kickstarter is very big and strict, but maybe there's some other escrow system that would allow us to pledge support?

More competitions perhaps? Then anybody who wants to donate can pitch in for the prize fund, the programmers get a deadline to aim for which can be very helpful for some people and there's no chance of the donators trying to dictate what the developers work on.

TFM

One could do a lot of things....

IMHO the only thing that helps is to buy the game! And yes, also the older ones[nb]I guess rexbeng tried to point that out.[/nb], previously published. It's still an motivation for the programmer/GFX guy/sound guy etc.

It's not directly about money, but if someone buys a game, this shows support and appreciation.
TFM of FutureSoft

Optimus

Personally, I wouldn't like to be tipped about a CPC project. Cause then I would feel compelled to work on it because I got the monies and I prefer this to be a hobby where I work when I feel like.

Gryzor

That's the beauty of an escrow system - you don't see a dime till the project is complete. But I can see there'll still be pressure...

TFM

Well, there is no pressure if completed projects get appreciation.  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft