News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Five on a Treasure Island Disk Version Bug - A Solution

Started by zeropolis79, 21:56, 01 May 14

Previous topic - Next topic

zeropolis79

After failing to come up with a solution coding wise, I looked at other solutions..

Reading a solution I wrote, I noticed you don't need the Anne character to complete the game.

-

Load the disc version and start the game as usual.

After the game starts, wait four times until you feel the train stop, then leave train.

Follow Aunt until you get to the first inside room of Kirrin Cottage. Go Up. You are now in the first upstairs hallway.

TELL DICK TO GO WEST.
TELL ANNE TO GO WEST.

BECOME ANNE

You are now in the hallway room which, if you enter normally, means game over.

SOUTH

You are now in the spare room.

EXAMINE BED
TAKE MATCHES
GIVE MATCHES TO DICK
TELL DICK TO GO NORTH
BECOME DICK

You are now Dick in the room which means game over.

EAST

You are now in the first room of the upstairs hallway and have rejoined Julian. You can now resume the rest of the adventure but as the Famous Four..

cpc4eva

thats GOLD  ;D another reason why we need a cpcwiki cheat mode......

perhaps someone might know if it actually a bug or thats how the game is to be completed as the famous 4 ?

zeropolis79

It's actually a bug.

You can complete the game as the Famous Five on all other versions. The solution I wrote was mostly based on the ST version but refined with the help of the CPC version.

You need George to row the boat - as in the books, only she knows the way to Kirrin Island and Dick to go down the well, also as in the book.

zeropolis79

I have just found another bug..

When you make it to Kirrin Island and leave the boat, the game finishes...

Gryzor

zeropolis79

I think the CPC disc version of the game skipped the playtesting stage..

Xyphoe

Sorry to necro this topic! Thought it better than create another one about this game (eg like this one before it - http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/games/the-famous-five/)
Is anyone up to the task of fixing this bug? For an adventure game, there's lots of people that want to play it as it should be with those lovely graphics and pictures which aren't on the cassette version.I've always wanted to do a longplay and vid on this game too.
Alternatively, if the bug can't be fixed - could the graphics be added to the cassette version? (That's probably harder though I'd guess!)

Xyphoe

Oooops - I didn't realise the OTHER topic that I even listed in my reply above had already been necro'd by Patrick!  :picard: My bad! Sorry!