News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Fixing Jailbreak

Started by tjohnson, 19:37, 29 April 19

Previous topic - Next topic

tjohnson

Hi All, I was playing Jailbreak again yesterday to see if I could get further and then had a thought.  The game is bugged in that one can't kill the fatmen without the grenade launcher.  This seems to be a bug as the arcade is not like that.  Does anyone have the expertise to fix the bug?

Xyphoe

It's more of a play testing fail than a bug, if you get unlucky and need a powerup weapon to get rid of one of the guys shooting from the barrels for example - and it respawns you right next to him with no possibility of getting a power up!
I have completed it, and must do a vid of it at some point.
But I doubt anyone will want to touch this turd to fix the no-end of issues in it - it needs a completely new game from the ground up!

tjohnson

Quote from: Xyphoe on 20:22, 20 June 19
It's more of a play testing fail than a bug, if you get unlucky and need a powerup weapon to get rid of one of the guys shooting from the barrels for example - and it respawns you right next to him with no possibility of getting a power up!
I have completed it, and must do a vid of it at some point.
But I doubt anyone will want to touch this turd to fix the no-end of issues in it - it needs a completely new game from the ground up!
Yeah if there was any play testing it was missed, I dunno what it is abou this game but I quite like it.  I remember seeing it advertised in the mags and being hyped about getting it for my birthday and then being slightly dissappointed at how hard it was.  I've since completed it got to level 8 or something without cheating but it would be good to fix this bug. 

I agree it needs a complete remake, I think would be ideal for a plus conversion, if I had the ability I would have a go.