News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Game concepts for Amstrad

Started by invent, 13:22, 02 June 16

Previous topic - Next topic

invent

I'm interested in people's thoughts on what game concepts you might like to see on the Amstrad.  As you may know I recently created some concepts for "Killerwatt"  (C64), and not Amstrad.

What other games would you like to see on the Amstrad, could be an arcade game form the 80's to a modern day game eg "angry birds"

While I can't promise anything, if something catches my attention I might just give it a go.  Of course I'd love to see the other great designers try out some ideas also :)

Ideally it should be a game that would be possible to make on the Amstrad.

Could always be what a sequel might look like eg Green Beret II or Mutant Monty II :)
Enjoying/Creating Retro Games

Puresox

Mutant Monty  :D Cool game

Skunkfish

I'm a huge fan of the Advance Wars series from Intelligent Systems/Nintendo, always fancied having a go at a CPC/Amiga version but never quite got around to it...
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

||C|-|E||

A traditional RPG, like Eye of the Beholder, that uses RAM expansion. That would be lovely and very doable from the technical point of view! Of course, it would require an enormous amount of work as well  :picard:

TFM

Lot's of projects got started, few finished. My suggestion is to start with a small game. Even something "super simple" like Cyber Chicken took me over on year.
IMHO time is the limiting factor for all of us. So if you start a smaller project you have a decent chance to eventually finish it.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

mr_lou

Quote from: invent on 13:22, 02 June 16What other games would you like to see on the Amstrad, could be an arcade game form the 80's to a modern day game eg "angry birds"

To me it's not that much about genre. It's more about technical targets.
I would love to see any kind of game optimized for cartridge. I.e. it would only run on the GX4000 and CPC+ range.
Or any kind of game utilizing plus features.
Or any kind of game using never seen before rasters for MODE 1.  :)

I encourage big projects but I also encourage people to work more together in order to complete big projects faster.

fgbrain

I suggest two personal faves: Choplifter and The Deep.

I wonder why we never got proper ports of both...
Both doable on cpc.. Of course, on Plus machines even better ;D

_____

6128 (UK keyboard, Crtc type 0/2), 6128+ (UK keyboard), 3.5" and 5.25" drives, Reset switch and Digiblaster (selfmade), Inicron Romram box, Bryce Megaflash, SVideo & PS/2 mouse, , Magnum Lightgun, X-MEM, X4 Board, C4CPC, Multiface2 X4, RTC X4 and Gotek USB Floppy emulator.

invent

Thanks for the suggestions.

fgbrain, to clarify do you mean the game "the deep" The Deep (1988) screenshots - MobyGames
I must read up a little more on the CPC+ range.
TFM, it's a very good point you make, keep it simple and finish a project.
||C|-|E||  E.O.B. game would be excellent and I can see so much time involved in a project like that (Brother played and owned that one)
Skunkfish - Advance wars does look good, haven't played it but the colourful screenshots would translate well to CPC.
Pursox I'm a big fan of Mutant Monty was one of our most played games (father loved it also).  My brother and I were going to do a PC version called Dragons Gold (various levels like haunted house, egypt, circus, surreal, castle, cave, chemistry).  Graphics still sitting here dated 2001, I should relook at refining them into CPC designs).

fgbrain

_____

6128 (UK keyboard, Crtc type 0/2), 6128+ (UK keyboard), 3.5" and 5.25" drives, Reset switch and Digiblaster (selfmade), Inicron Romram box, Bryce Megaflash, SVideo & PS/2 mouse, , Magnum Lightgun, X-MEM, X4 Board, C4CPC, Multiface2 X4, RTC X4 and Gotek USB Floppy emulator.

Gryzor

Choplifter is a great idea, always loved that game.

Also: endless runners! About time we saw Canabalt on the CPC :)

invent

I have had another look at Choplifter, it's on quite a few platforms including arcade.
Noticed a forum here talking about conversions, I'll look into your other suggestions Gryzor :)

Gryzor

Canabalt has been discussed before here somewhere, and of course there's a great c64 version:

I remember playing Choplifter (along with Green Beret and a Strip Poker) on my mate's MSX... Have loved that game ever since.

Skunkfish

Can't believe how fast Canabalt is on the C64, is that running on a standard machine?! I can't see the CPC pulling that off (and it would end up more.... blue)

I don't know if anyone here has played the Phoenix Wright/Ace Attorney games on the GBA/DS/3DS? Probably my favourite game series of all time...

Gameboy Advance
[attachimg=1]

CPC Mode 0/1 split
[attachimg=2]
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Skunkfish

Hmmm... Phoenix Wright on the CPC could look really nice actually.

[attachimg=1]

sigh

I absolutely love Pheonix Wright.

I would like to see a music game. Something like Space Channel 5 or the very first Rhythm Tengoku on the Gameboy.

invent

Hi Skunkfish,

Was curious about Phoenix Wright game and started looking up for some screenshots/sprites.  Nice concepts you have put together.

Tried out Mode 1 and 0 version (text would need customising in mode 0)

Skunkfish

The sharpness of Mode 1 is nice!

For fun, I just converted one of the courtroom tunes with MIDI2AY.

It worked quite well, although there are some odd pauses here and there! And it's huge in size, I guess because there's lots of repetition which isn't trimmed.

Skunkfish

I wonder how an 'Objection!' sample would sound through the CPC speaker?  :laugh:

[attachimg=1]