News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Games that are never released (but have an 8bits version [ZX, C64, etc ...])

Started by NiNxPe, 14:21, 30 April 17

Previous topic - Next topic

NiNxPe

Lethal Weapon - Ocean 1992 :

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Shaun M. Neary

I'm fairly certain Street Fighter II will top this list. The longest running joke in the CPC's history!
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Carnivius

Is this real games that were developed for CPC but never got released or is that Lethal Weapon a mock up?   The Lethal Weapon logo on the game shot's status panel looks Mode 1 pixels while the rest is Mode 0. :O
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Maniac

Lethal Weapon was a cool game on the Amiga. Would be interested in seeing a CPC version considering how good a job they did with Addams Family!

I'd really like to know what happened to the CPC version of Rimrunner from Palace. There a long article in ACU from the coder talking about the techniques used to get it working on the CPC and then it was never released despite a C64 version!

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Yeah, RimRunner looked pretty great in that article.

IIRC it just couldn't fit into memory, even with the multi-load.

I like the mock up of Lethal Weapon loading screen.

Cholo

Spiderman - The game even made it to the front of a ACU magazine & had a couple of pages inside with pictures from the game.

Toki - was hinted in a late AA mag i think. However this one im not shocked that it didnt show up, being a fairly complex multidirection game it would need serious programming.

Maniac

Toki was indeed looking great but it didn't fit on the cart size Ocean/Amstrad had dictated so it got canned. I believe from an article in Retro Gamer level 1 was possibly completed! Would love to see it!!

kawickboy

Late Ocean softwares indeed: Robocop 3, Cool World... Parasol Stars c64 was droped but anounced.
Was Dynablaster released on c64 ?
Games like James Pond 1&2 (robocod seems to have been released on many modern consoles: ps1/ps2/gba/ds...)

VincentGR

Quote from: Maniac on 20:57, 30 April 17
Toki was indeed looking great but it didn't fit on the cart size Ocean/Amstrad had dictated so it got canned. I believe from an article in Retro Gamer level 1 was possibly completed! Would love to see it!!

Yes!!! Toki is awesome wish it was available on cpc.
Btw in the atari 8bit line 5200 or 7 can't really remember, was in progress lately.

AxelStone

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 16:10, 30 April 17
I'm fairly certain Street Fighter II will top this list. The longest running joke in the CPC's history!

But SFII CPC version exists!  ;) . I have it and it's, as you can suposse, a very poor game.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: AxelStone on 20:41, 07 May 17

But SFII CPC version exists!  ;) . I have it and it's, as you can suposse, a very poor game.

It does? How and when did it surface?
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

AxelStone

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: AxelStone on 21:18, 07 May 17

You are right, according to the video it seems that was a homebrew game.

That's what I thought... I remember contacting US Gold back in 93 and was told that they scrapped the project some time ago.  :laugh:
Eventhough AA had built it up and built it up for months.

kawickboy

According to AA when they finally publish that Us Gold drop the cpc release, it is said that developers were located in France. Quite surprising because Us Gold usually didn't work with french developers.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: kawickboy on 11:42, 09 May 17
According to AA when they finally publish that Us Gold drop the cpc release, it is said that developers were located in France. Quite surprising because Us Gold usually didn't work with french developers.

Didn't they start working with Loricels around 1990 though? It would fit, although they were also still working with Tiertex who made an absolute shambles of the original Street Fighter. Tiertex also did an unofficial 8bit sequel in Human Killing Machine, which was equally abysmal.

Skunkfish

Nobody seems to want to own up to creating the Speccy version of Street Fighter II.  I actually think it looks pretty good considering...
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Nich

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 13:10, 09 May 17
Didn't they start working with Loricels around 1990 though? It would fit, although they were also still working with Tiertex who made an absolute shambles of the original Street Fighter.
I think it was around 1989, although I recall only ever seeing one Loriciels game - the utterly marvellous Skweek - released under the US Gold label.

There have been a lot of rumours about Street Fighter II on the CPC over the years, and I suspect that a lot of it is smoke and mirrors.

kawickboy

Many french and spanish game companies published their title in UK as they could do: turbo cup, rescue atlantis and many more were full price in their own country and budget games in UK.

Skunkfish

I've already plugged it before but issue 2 of Colour Personal Computing will have a feature on and also announce the release of an unreleased game from 1988, with the story behind it told by one of the original developers.

The fanzine should be out soon, I'm literally ploughing every available minute I get into finishing it off...
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

zeropolis79

Now you're making me wish I backed that issue.. (hoping this game is Where Time Stood Still)

zeropolis79

Quote from: kawickboy on 11:36, 05 May 17
Late Ocean softwares indeed: Robocop 3, Cool World... Parasol Stars c64 was droped but anounced.
Was Dynablaster released on c64 ?
Games like James Pond 1&2 (robocod seems to have been released on many modern consoles: ps1/ps2/gba/ds...)

Parasol Stars C64 was dropped because the programmer had marital problems and his wife destroyed his development discs.

Would like to know if Robocop 3 proceeded anywhere before being scrapped. Space Gun did make it out on disc for the 6128 Plus..

Dynablaster C64 - no.

ivarf

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 13:10, 09 May 17
Didn't they start working with Loricels around 1990 though? It would fit, although they were also still working with Tiertex who made an absolute shambles of the original Street Fighter. Tiertex also did an unofficial 8bit sequel in Human Killing Machine, which was equally abysmal.

Considering how many bad games the CPC received I think those two examples were quite decent

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: ivarf on 18:54, 11 May 17
Considering how many bad games the CPC received I think those two examples were quite decent

Street Fighter looked well, but the playability was sucked right out of it.
Actually Rolling Thunder got slated rather badly but I actually thought was quite playable by the arcades standards.

NiNxPe

"only" to illustrate...  :P :

[attachimg=1] [attachimg=2] [attachimg=3]

[attachimg=4]

[attachimg=5] [attachimg=6]

[attachimg=7] [attachimg=8] [attachimg=9] [attachimg=10] [attachimg=11]

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: NiNxPe on 03:16, 12 May 17
"only" to illustrate...  :P :

[attachimg=1] [attachimg=2] [attachimg=3]

So much potential...