Author Topic: Pinball Dreams, new game from Batman Group!!  (Read 55509 times)

Offline LambdaMikel

• 6128 Plus
    • Homepage
  • Liked: 845
  • Likes Given: 614
Re: Pinball Dreams, new game from Batman Group!!
« Reply #600 on: Yesterday at 21:19 »
And you cannot just autoload a DSK file?

Offline SyX

• 6128 Plus
  • Liked: 1060
  • Likes Given: 1857
« Reply #601 on: Yesterday at 23:13 »

First, this thread should be a celebration of this amazing game by Batman Group :)

Syx point me to the Amstrad Basic itself, because it uses the hardware scroll capabilities when displacing the screen while listing a program.

But as I said before, the math is there. The CPC cannot do a scroll like Pinball Dreams without hardware assistance, and that is not witchcraft, it’s hardware scrolling.

... but, it is impossible not jump to this discussion about what is or not an hardware scroll. I made an small article about this matter in my blog, for trying not pollute more this thread ;)

In conclusion, Pinball Dreams for CPC is a masterpiece in every way.

The absolutely best 8 bit pinball game... if only PD was not an original Amiga game, i would say that is the best 16 bits pinball game too, hehehe.

For me, this is one of the best CPC games ever, making PD the state of the art of CPC gaming, every new CPC game should be compared to it.

And the best of it, it's that the only way of enjoying this game is over the real machine attached to a CRT monitor. You don't know how great is this game after you have seen how smooth and fast is everything over the real machine.

I have nothing more to say, this game speaks higher :)

Offline sigh

• 6128 Plus
  • Liked: 433
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #602 on: Yesterday at 23:38 »
An excellent product.

Thank you.