News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Ghosts'n Goblins (6128+ version)

Started by roudoudou, 13:57, 14 November 17

Previous topic - Next topic

roudoudou

EDIT: update with new vidéo

https://youtu.be/begnxQ6KqYw

Hi, Iron made a stream about the GnG version of Golem13

This was not the last beta so there is some visible bugs but you can already enjoy the title screen and the ingame smooth scroll

https://youtu.be/sAgUmyfRmuY?t=12m16s
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Nice to see hi-res static text (with drop-shadow) over a scrolling mode 0 background there ...

I presume a render text to sprite routine, that can render 8 pixel lines of text to sprites in under 8 scanlines, and then updating the v-pos of the sprites?

AxelStone

Quite impressive, any playable demo?

DanyPPC

:o  Another beautiful conversion for our loved CPC !

I'm impatient, when it will be released ?
CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

roudoudou

the game is still in developpement and beta testing, i have no other information (maybe golem13 will answer)

Golem13

Hi,
If everything goes as planned, the game should be released next year.

tjohnson

Nice the youtube video looks very good, hopefully released early next year, next year could mean a 14 month wait

ukmarkh

Let's hope Green Beret is next  ;D

Ygdrazil

Targhan

This is excellent stuff. Now you get me truly interested in the CPC+ power :).
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

pacomix

Impressive! It is like the arcade machine!!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

felow

Rhino

Looks fantastic!
I always loved this game and it will be a dream to be able to play it on CPC with this quality.

Shaun M. Neary

That looks amazing. Frustrating the job that was original done given what the machine was capable of!
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Golem13

Thanks for all your messages.
They really touch me, and give me the energy to continue.

Because the poor quality of the first video, I post another one with a better resolution, taken from a most recent version. The video is taken from the WinAPE emulator and the colors are not really exact (wtf?!)
All is not shown, because I still want to keep the surprise of the following :-)

Please enjoy !

https://youtu.be/begnxQ6KqYw

Arnaud

How do you proceed to code GnG ? Have you access to internaly data or a kind of source code of the original game ?

I was thinking for example, of the draw of the background of the levels, or the behaviour of the monster.

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

kawickboy

keep the faith, we are all impatient.

tjohnson

Very nice of looks like a very good conversion.  If only games of this quality had been available back in 1990.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Captain Past

Great looking conversion. Very close to the arcade original. Since I don't own a 6128+ I'm keeping my fingers crossed this will work on the GX4000 as well.

ukmarkh

Ex programmers and graphics artists the likes of Steve Pickford have gone on record to suggest the GX4000 and Plus range of computers weren't up to much, berating it almost, I wonder what their excuse will be when they see this [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tjohnson

Quote from: ukmarkh on 11:35, 18 November 17
Ex programmers and graphics artists the likes of Steve Pickford have gone on record to suggest the GX4000 and Plus range of computers weren't up to much, berating it almost, I wonder what their excuse will be when they see this

I don't know who this guy is but I guess in the context of the likes of Amiga capabilities it was too little too late, this is a great demonstrator but the graphical fidelity and sound capabilities are lower than the Amiga.  Had the gx4000/plus range come 2 years earlier it may have been successful, although honestly at the time I thought it seemed great, possibly because I didn't know any better as a teenager, but then clearly most others didn't agree and the rest is history.

Really looking forward to playing this, the original CPC version isn't awful, the thing that most stands out to me, is that the enemies come out the ground in the same place everytime, not the randomness of the original arcade or this version, so having a much more faithful version will be great.  Would be nice for more people to develop games for the plus range.

roudoudou

The game will need a 6128+
Maybe it may work with memory expansion

ukmarkh

Quote from: roudoudou on 12:11, 18 November 17
The game will need a 6128+
Maybe it may work with memory expansion

Will it work on the GX4000? I mean it has to, right? [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golem13

Quote from: Arnaud on 06:56, 18 November 17
How do you proceed to code GnG ? Have you access to internaly data or a kind of source code of the original game ?

I was thinking for example, of the draw of the background of the levels, or the behaviour of the monster.

We don't have any assets from the original rom, except pieces of sprites. All gfx data have been reproduced by the graphist Winner (coloring, sprites, tiles, levels designs, etc...). All musics and sfx have been composed by Ixien's ear. And for my part, I had no access to the code. I programmed everything from scratch directly in Z80 assembler by studying the behavior of the elements of the game and trying to reproduce almost identical.

And, sorry for my english. I am not very fluent.