Author Topic: Ghosts'n Goblins GX4000 final alpha version !  (Read 3389 times)

Offline fano

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • Easter Egg Programmer
    • Easter Egg
  • Liked: 260
Re: Ghosts'n Goblins GX4000 final alpha version !
« Reply #70 on: 11:44, 02 May 18 »
And the arkos player is modified to use dma (thanks to Ast).
Nice ! That would not save a lot of CPU time but it is nice to see DMA used  ;D
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

Offline tjohnson

• Supporter
  • 464 Plus
    • index.php?action=treasury
  • Liked: 110
« Reply #71 on: 11:55, 02 May 18 »
Another further comment, on level 2 (as far as i have got)   i noticed the fire when an enemy is killed is brown, not red/fire like level 1.

I hope xifos doesn't mind this kind of feedback?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Offline fgbrain

• CPC6128
    • index.php?action=treasury
    • Chaos CPC Homepage
  • Liked: 82
« Reply #72 on: 13:21, 05 May 18 »
OK some more suggestions:

1) the music in the caves is terrible.... >:(

2) the lava/fire tiles could use some color cycle effect so that aren"t static!!

3) how about a "start" loading screen??

I managed to finish it using invisibility cheat..
Poke &47AE with &18 instead of &20 originally.
Warning: if you fall down you may need to deactivate cheat in order to continue the game.  8)
« Last Edit: 18:05, 05 May 18 by fgbrain »
_____

6128 (UK keyboard, Crtc type 0/2), 6128+ (UK keyboard), 3.5" and 5.25" drives, Reset switch and Digiblaster (selfmade), Inicron Romram box, Bryce Megaflash, SVideo & PS/2 mouse, , Magnum Lightgun, X-MEM, X4 Board, C4CPC, Multiface2 X4, RTC X4 and Gotek USB Floppy emulator.

Offline ukmarkh

• 6128 Plus
    • Classic Replay
  • Liked: 248
« Reply #73 on: 13:39, 05 May 18 »
I hope @Xifos doesn't get overwhelmed from doing the game, saying that, he will always be remembered in the Amstrad ( retro ) community for doing such a fantastic port, so sure it will be worth it.  8)

Another thing to consider would be a keyboard control option ( re-definable ) for plus users, as some people might prefer to play using keys.  ;)

There’s actually no pressure, he’s already created the best Amstrad Plus game ever made! No one can ever argue otherwise. He seems like a real down to earth person, feet on the ground type of guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Phantomz

• 6128 Plus
  • Liked: 1438
« Reply #74 on: 17:20, 05 May 18 »
There’s actually no pressure, he’s already created the best Amstrad Plus game ever made! No one can ever argue otherwise. He seems like a real down to earth person, feet on the ground type of guy.

I agree, just saying, that someone could easily feel overwhelmed when people are asking for things to be done, like you said, there is no pressure and he seems like a down to the earth person.  ;)

Offline ukmarkh

• 6128 Plus
    • Classic Replay
  • Liked: 248
« Reply #75 on: 11:05, 06 May 18 »
I agree, just saying, that someone could easily feel overwhelmed when people are asking for things to be done, like you said, there is no pressure and he seems like a down to the earth person.  ;)

I agree, and this extends to you as well, the work you’ve put into converting games to the GX is just as valuable as any new games, my whole family including my wife love playing the old CPC games on my GX, I take it everywhere these days. When I get Classic Invaders, my life will be complete I used to be able to get to level seven on that, my cousin could get to level 9 🤪

Offline DARKGATE

• CPC6128
  • Liked: 54
« Reply #76 on: 14:17, 07 May 18 »
 :D Hi guys, when i see this post, i don't believe at my eyes, really an excellent work, i have tried to play, but is really hard, i think wich the playability go correct, i found the carnivorous plant irritating, shoot too soon, in the graveyard always  lose the armour, can you delay the shoot?
Great work!!!

P.S. I can't shoot in the tombstones.  ;D
Do not underestimate the power of AMSTRAD CPC.