News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Ghosts'n Goblins GX4000 final alpha version !

Started by Xifos, 12:52, 28 April 18

Previous topic - Next topic

Xifos

Hello,

The time has come to my version of ghosts'n goblins on gx4000 to be released !

Thanks to the people who helped me !

The game is not perfect, but playable, and i hope people with c4cpc will play it on real hardware !
:)

EDIT : i discovered a bug that only happens when you don't beat astaroth (the final boss) at the first time !
So i changed the cpr file to the patched one.
Sorry guys !
:P

tjohnson

Quote from: Xifos on 12:52, 28 April 18
Hello,

The game is not perfect, but playable, and i hope people with c4cpc will play it on real hardware !

Great news, thanks for all your effort and making this available.

Is this an initial release?  Will you still be working on it to improve it?

Trevor

Maniac

Hello,

Superb stuff Xifos! Just played on my 6128 Plus! Love it even if it is just as hard as the original arcade game!

So glad you continued and finished this!

Arnaud

This is an incredible version of GnG !

As Difficult as Arcade version, i didn't manage to kill the 2 boss of the second level.

Thanks for your hard work  :D

DanyPPC

It works very well on my CPC6128+  ;)

Many, many thanks for this great conversion !

EDIT: it works even on my CPC464+, is it a 64k only game ?
CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

dthrone

Superb work!!  Just tried it on my GX4000, love it!  :)

Xifos

Thanks !

The game is indeed for 64 ko ram and cartridge, it's targeted to the gx4000.

fgbrain

great stuff.. really difficult for me...

well done  :D
_____

6128 (UK keyboard, Crtc type 0/2), 6128+ (UK keyboard), 3.5" and 5.25" drives, Reset switch and Digiblaster (selfmade), Inicron Romram box, Bryce Megaflash, SVideo & PS/2 mouse, , Magnum Lightgun, X-MEM, X4 Board, C4CPC, Multiface2 X4, RTC X4 and Gotek USB Floppy emulator.

Arnaud

I found a little bug (i think that one  :) )

When i shoot with weapon which is not a knife, the current shoot cancel the previous.

Then if i shoot permanently, my weapon cannot reach the ennemy at the far right of the screen.

Xifos

It's not a bug, it's a feature !
;)
I did that because you can only fire one weapon at a time.

There are others bugs, but they won't prevent you to play...

||C|-|E||

This is fantastic! I mean, I know that is still an alpha, but it plays and looks awesome and I easily find this already one of the 8 bits renditions of the game. Lots of respect to you. These type of conversions also make me wonder how nice it would have been to have the Plus range a few years earlier...

Xifos

It's not really an alpha...
I wrote that for joking sorry (final alpha).
It's a way for me to say that it could have been better.
But for now i don't think i can improve it.

||C|-|E||

Phantomz

ukmarkh

Without question, the best Amstrad GX4000 and Plus game ever made, you must be very proud. I wish you were programming games back in the day [emoji1303] I've nearly finished it, very close to other versions I've played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arnaud

Quote from: ukmarkh on 20:36, 28 April 18
Without question, the best Amstrad GX4000 and Plus game ever made, you must be very proud.

Totally agree, if this game was released at the time of the CPC+, i would have been a mega hit on this computers.

DanyPPC

Reached third level, i love this game from my arcade memories.

I would have liked the original C64 soundtrack converted to AY for the title screen, but it is only my little whim  :)

Thanks again for CPC+ game.
CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

00WReX

i hope people with c4cpc will play it on real hardware !

Just played it on a real GX4000.
It plays really well, great job.  ;)

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

ukmarkh

Yep, playing it on my GX4000, so close to finishing now, didn't go to bed until four this morning. So far invested around twelve hours into it, spent about three hours running it along side the arcade and other versions just for comparison [emoji23]

This is a real gem and a dream come true for me... Thanks a billion.

Can I be so cheeky as to ask, what's next? [emoji12] The Amstrad needs a proper conversion of Green Beret [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tjohnson

Quote from: ||C|-|E|| on 18:54, 28 April 18
This is fantastic! I mean, I know that is still an alpha, but it plays and looks awesome and I easily find this already one of the 8 bits renditions of the game. Lots of respect to you. These type of conversions also make me wonder how nice it would have been to have the Plus range a few years earlier...

Had a few more games of this quality been available when the gx4000/plus range was launched it might of stood more of a chance to be successful.  Great work.

fgbrain

Had a quick look to cheat.... As I said its too difficult for me!

poke at &1389  value &C3  (instead of  initial C2)  for infinite lives   ;D
_____

6128 (UK keyboard, Crtc type 0/2), 6128+ (UK keyboard), 3.5" and 5.25" drives, Reset switch and Digiblaster (selfmade), Inicron Romram box, Bryce Megaflash, SVideo & PS/2 mouse, , Magnum Lightgun, X-MEM, X4 Board, C4CPC, Multiface2 X4, RTC X4 and Gotek USB Floppy emulator.

CraigsBar

Quote from: fgbrain on 11:52, 29 April 18
Had a quick look to cheat.... As I said its too difficult for me!

poke at &1389  value &C3  (instead of  initial C2)  for infinite lives   ;D
Gonna try without first, but I just know I will need this, thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3t using Tapatalk

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

amijim

Thank you Xifo for your effort.The game is  a real gem and back in time you would be working for the games industry.It is an amazing converson.I would like to thank you again and i would like to honor my word and invite you for vacation for 4 nights for 4 persons  in my small hotel yet with a 9,8 booking rating.PM me for the details.Everybody should contribute to the community the he can.

Golem13

Congratulations !

I am very happy that you did not abandon your project. The result is a very good game for GX4000, which as everyone knows is sorely lacking.
May the force be with GnG lovers  :-*

Neil79

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter