News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Ghosts'n Goblins GX4000 final alpha version !

Started by Xifos, 12:52, 28 April 18

Previous topic - Next topic

Xifos

All right, all right...
I'll try to do un update including the screen ending.

Maybe it will include other improvments, but it will take time...

arnoldemu

Quote from: ukmarkh on 07:55, 01 May 18
I think the plus hardware can read up to 32 cartridge slots (16k), each slot has 16k banks, so I imagine a .cpr file can go up to 4mb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
32x16 is 512KB ;)
that is the max for a cart.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

arnoldemu

Quote from: Xifos on 12:52, 28 April 18
The time has come to my version of ghosts'n goblins on gx4000 to be released !
Really nice job and fantastic news you finished it :)
I'm not that good at playing it but I'm enjoying it a lot.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Xyphoe

Quote from: Xifos on 08:57, 01 May 18
All right, all right...

That is SUPER COOL of you dude!

I think it's really awesome you're taking the feedback and going to look at it, because ultimately you'll end up being even more proud of your fine work and it'll feel 'finished' - you'll have closure on it. Plus you've not reacted negatively, which in cases in the past that has happened with some programmers here - and it's understandable because many many months of work has been put into it and at a point you just want to be done and over with it! And it's been done for free! So really, well done man. :)

I'd like to do a big video feature on it, so I will hold off for now. And don't be afraid to listen to Targhan's offer of help on the music too :)

Thank you :)

ukmarkh

Quote from: arnoldemu on 09:09, 01 May 18
32x16 is 512KB ;)
that is the max for a cart.

I know🧐, but I'm sure in Java CPC the cart can go up to 4mb, I might of imagined this [emoji23]

ukmarkh

All right, all right...

I will put off completing this until the new release is out! When a programmer or any professional can take good honest constructive criticism, that for me not only shows intelligence, but a high level of the most important intelligence, that quite often gets neglected, emotional intelligence. You are blessed my friend and we thank you for all your hard work.

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Targhan

Ok guys, I've been hired to adapt the songs. I hope not to disappoint :).
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

ukmarkh

Quote from: Targhan on 10:16, 01 May 18
Ok guys, I've been hired to adapt the songs. I hope not to disappoint :).

Would be great if the original Amstrad CPC music could be fractured in somehow, maybe at the start or something [emoji23]

Targhan

Quoteoriginal Amstrad CPC music

No original music, sorry! Only adaptation.
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Phantomz

All right, all right...

@Xifos

Hi Xifos , I'm happy to hear that you're going to try and do a update to your great work to include the ending.  :D

Do you think it would be possible to add a pause option to the game? so that the console pause button works, no problem if you can't.

DanyPPC

Yes, a pause button can be very useful while playing.
CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

tjohnson

Good spot guys i was thinking this too that it would be nice to have a pause option.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

dragon

Quote from: Targhan on 10:16, 01 May 18
Ok guys, I've been hired to adapt the songs. I hope not to disappoint :) .

Not using the dma right?. I mean unfortunly not exist a modern music tool that supports the dma feature :( .

If this was created for selling in the 90 i add a demo mode when nothing is pressed in main menu screen, these help to sell consoles.

dthrone

An ending, new music, pause button functionality, demo mode...

Just when poor Xifos was ready to move on with his life...  ;)

Phantomz

Quote from: dthrone on 13:23, 01 May 18
An ending, new music, pause button functionality, demo mode...

Just when poor Xifos was ready to move on with his life...  ;)

I hope @Xifos doesn't get overwhelmed from doing the game, saying that, he will always be remembered in the Amstrad ( retro ) community for doing such a fantastic port, so sure it will be worth it.  8)

Another thing to consider would be a keyboard control option ( re-definable ) for plus users, as some people might prefer to play using keys.  ;)

tjohnson

Another suggestion would be a timeout on the continue screen so if the user doesn't respond with 10' seconds it returns to the title screen.

Xifos

Quick replies !

At the continue screen, left/right with the stick to set yes or no (maybe you did not try this).

And the arkos player is modified to use dma (thanks to Ast).

See you guys, it seems that i have work to do !

tjohnson

Quote from: Xifos on 14:30, 01 May 18
Quick replies !

At the continue screen, left/right with the stick to set yes or no (maybe you did not try this).

And the arkos player is modified to use dma (thanks to Ast).

See you guys, it seems that i have work to do !
I was thinking more along the countdown most arcade machines do,  unless a response in 10 seconds then assume no continue.

ukmarkh

If only games could have been made this way in the 80s where we all have feedback [emoji23]

fano

Quote from: Xifos on 14:30, 01 May 18And the arkos player is modified to use dma (thanks to Ast).
Nice ! That would not save a lot of CPU time but it is nice to see DMA used  ;D
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

tjohnson

Another further comment, on level 2 (as far as i have got)   i noticed the fire when an enemy is killed is brown, not red/fire like level 1.

I hope xifos doesn't mind this kind of feedback?

fgbrain

OK some more suggestions:

1) the music in the caves is terrible.... >:(

2) the lava/fire tiles could use some color cycle effect so that aren"t static!!

3) how about a "start" loading screen??

I managed to finish it using invisibility cheat..
Poke &47AE with &18 instead of &20 originally.
Warning: if you fall down you may need to deactivate cheat in order to continue the game.  8)
_____

6128 (UK keyboard, Crtc type 0/2), 6128+ (UK keyboard), 3.5" and 5.25" drives, Reset switch and Digiblaster (selfmade), Inicron Romram box, Bryce Megaflash, SVideo & PS/2 mouse, , Magnum Lightgun, X-MEM, X4 Board, C4CPC, Multiface2 X4, RTC X4 and Gotek USB Floppy emulator.

ukmarkh

Quote from: Phantomz on 13:34, 01 May 18
I hope @Xifos doesn't get overwhelmed from doing the game, saying that, he will always be remembered in the Amstrad ( retro ) community for doing such a fantastic port, so sure it will be worth it.  8)

Another thing to consider would be a keyboard control option ( re-definable ) for plus users, as some people might prefer to play using keys.  ;)

There's actually no pressure, he's already created the best Amstrad Plus game ever made! No one can ever argue otherwise. He seems like a real down to earth person, feet on the ground type of guy.

Phantomz

Quote from: ukmarkh on 11:39, 05 May 18
There's actually no pressure, he's already created the best Amstrad Plus game ever made! No one can ever argue otherwise. He seems like a real down to earth person, feet on the ground type of guy.

I agree, just saying, that someone could easily feel overwhelmed when people are asking for things to be done, like you said, there is no pressure and he seems like a down to the earth person.  ;)