News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Spellbound : new tune !

Started by Jean-Marie, 17:56, 25 March 23

Previous topic - Next topic

Jean-Marie

I stumbled upon a Youtube video featuring the Spectrum 128K music of Spellbound, and told to myself :"I want that on my CPC!".
Therefore, I've converted the AY file to AYC format using YMCruncher, and replaced the original sound player with Overlanders' one. I had to store the player and the AYC file in extra-ram, so you'll need 128k of RAM.
I'm not sure this tune is from the official release on Spectrum, or if it was "fanmade".
The comments inside the YM file state that it was "created by Sergey Bulba", so kudos to him.

Pump up the volume ! Open the windows ! Rob Hubbard is in da house !

ComSoft6128

This is excellent and what a great idea to incorporate the new version in the game :)

I'll have a YT video out Tuesday or Wednesday.

GUNHED

Terrible noise! After 20 seconds it's great though. And stays great until the end. But the first 20 seconds it sounds like that 1 bit music tech demo in that other thread.  :laugh:
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

VincentGR

Disk gives me Retry, ignore  :-X

Jean-Marie

Quote from: VincentGR on 12:51, 26 March 23Disk gives me Retry, ignore  :-X
On a real floppy disk, or on an emulator ?
I've tested the DSK with WinAPE, Caprice64 and RVM with no problem  ???

VincentGR

ComSoft6128

Works fine on a 6128 Plus with a Gotek.

Jean-Marie

Quote from: VincentGR on 14:43, 26 March 23WinCPC and Ape  :(
Try to download the file again. Then you can check the integrity of the file on this website, by computing its CRC32 hash :  CRC-32 File Checksum Online (emn178.github.io)
The result must be 5547a73d.
I don't know about WinCPC, yet it seems a bit outdated so it could be buggy...
Anyway, it should work seamlessly under WinAPE. Make sure you're using the latest build : 2.0 Beta 2.
Also, change your settings to match the one in the screenshot. You can make a copy of your Winape.ini file beforehand if you want to restore back your previous settings.
Still, I would recommend using Retro Virtual Machine whose sound emulation is impressively good.

VincentGR

Downloaded again.

CRC OK, same results.

Jean-Marie

Well, that is quite strange indeed. Could you post your winape.ini file, so I could try to reproduce the problem? It is located beside the winape.exe file. 

VincentGR

Jean-Marie

[ROMS]
Cartridge=cpc_plus.cpr
Lower=OS6128
Upper(0)=BASIC1-1
Upper(1)=
Upper(2)=
Upper(3)=
Upper(4)=
Upper(5)=
Upper(6)=
Upper(7)=AMSDOS
Upper(8)=MAKE ROMS\SB-D-127.ROM

There is a ROM named SB-D-127.ROM in your slot 8. I have no clue what it is used for, but it could conflict with the upper memory area which contains code & music.
Try setting it to "empty", and restart WinaApe.
Also, turn up your sound volume up or you won't hear anything  ;D

VincentGR

It was the ROM indeed, thanks.

GUNHED

The great Softbrenner 1.27 ROM shall be placed at position 15 to enable initialisation of ROMs 16-31. (Hold space of start if you want to skip that). Also the Softbrenner can use any kind of files (up to 31 KB) and make ROMs out of them. It's Inicrons Masterpiece!
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

ComSoft6128

Music starts at 0:24 and finishes at 4:24

BSC

That's a really great remake, well done!
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.