News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Ghosts'n Goblins GX4000 is out !

Started by Xifos, 20:17, 20 May 18

Previous topic - Next topic

Xifos

Hi everyone !
Ghosts'n Goblins GX4000 is finally released !
We (me and Targhan) hope you will enjoy it !
:)
I won't change it anymore (unless an important bug is found), so please no more wishlist ! ;)
Now you have 4 continues, the good ending, the pause button and of course great music and sound !(and some others details)
I took some ideas from the other topic, but not all of them. Please not get upset if i did not listen to all of your requests, ok ?
Have fun !

Shaun M. Neary

Looking forward to playing this, guys!
Waited patiently until the final release so here we go!  :)
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

ukmarkh

Thank you so much! I will download and play tonight...

Legend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phantomz

Quote from: Xifos on 20:17, 20 May 18
Hi everyone !
I won't change it anymore (unless an important bug is found), so please no more wishlist ! ;)
Now you have 4 continues, the good ending, the pause button and of course great music and sound !(and some others details)
I took some ideas from the other topic, but not all of them. Please not get upset if i did not listen to all of your requests, ok ?
Have fun !

@Xifos , @Targhan

Thanks so much for this guys, great work.  8)

roudoudou

That's a great achievement Xifos, well done!
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

Maniac

This is amazing stuff! The revised music really adds to quality feel throughout!

Fantastic!

DanyPPC

Thank you very much Xifos, we are all grateful to you !
CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

GOB

Well done, Nice work !!!

Carnivius

Not a fan of the original arcade game but this looks really well done for fans of it on the GX4000/Plus. Nice job
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Kris

Very good job, congratulations !!

DanyPPC

Excuse me, I forgot to also compliment Targhan for the wonderful remix of the original arcade soundtrack. Good job guys !
CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

tjohnson

Great job Xifos and Targhan for your music, I've just got to work out a way of getting this onto a ROM so I can try it on real hardware.  Thanks for all your hardwork and effort in creating this for us.  Trevor

Ast

Hi everyone !
Have fun !

@Xifos : Really fun to play
@Targhan : Great tune convert as Always... I love it!

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

andycadley

The original release was fantastic but you've surpassed even that with the final version. A truly fantastic showcase for what can be done and easily one of the top GX titles. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.  :)

I still can't get anywhere in it though!  :laugh:

Targhan

Thanks all! It's been pleasure working on these songs. They were actually not easy to convert, the harmonies are not that obvious, and the midi files of the songs I could find on the net were most of times absolute rubbish! So I had to convert the notes by hear from the NES version. Anyway, thanks to Xifos for letting me in his project :).
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

jomicamp

I just checked it in my 6128 plus and it is awesome. Thank you and congratulations for the great job!!

Sacrosanct

The limited range of the weapon when multiple projectiles are fired is a deal breaker for me, I can't imagine why you'd implement such a feature, as you called it, but great work nonetheless.
So I take it this is a different version to Stab1loboss' 6128 Plus version of the game, to be released next year?
Gryzor is now officially my bitch. :]

VincentGR

Guess which is the best 8bit micro nowadays...
At last these years quality software!!!

xenon

Hi everyone !
Have fun !
You're great! :D Thanks very very very much!!!  :) :) :)
Regards,
Salva

CraigsBar

I am really really sorry, but am I allowed to say I prefered the original music from the Alpha Release.

this one is an awesome implementation of the tune, but I find it a little too dominant during gameplay.

But other than that really minor niggle, AWESOME job guys this is an amazing production

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

JayBlood

Awesome! My favorite game in arcade. Great convertion. Thanxx! ;)
Jay

XeNoMoRPH

Incoming cartridge versión ?  :o
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Golem13

Congratulations for the release !  ;)

||C|-|E||

amijim

Outstanding job.Maybe the best GnG in 8 bit.Both Xifos and Targhan win summer vacation in Greece for you and your families.Message me to collect.