News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

GX4000 collection of 22 games

Started by Ynot.zer0, 16:15, 09 April 11

Previous topic - Next topic

MacDeath

EgoTrip

Thats just plain greed at work. Sure they are hard to find but are they really worth a grand?

steve

That's £45.41 each, Let's offer him £300 for the lot and then sell them individually.

It was not long ago that 15 boxed cartridges were sold as one lot on Ebay, I think the price was £125.

EgoTrip

Sorry I was a bit harsh, but still, that is a lot of money. They are not worth £45 each.

Ynot.zer0

totally agree - max £20 each.  beyond that is just asking too much.

maybe those wiki articles about making 4 games per DIY rom might keep me busy during the summer?....

TFM

Quote from: EgoTrip on 18:39, 09 April 11
Sorry I was a bit harsh, but still, that is a lot of money. They are not worth £45 each.

You may be right.... so let's see if the get sold.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MacDeath

Even the GX4000' burning rubber if far too expensive...

Gryzor

Every now and then some idiot decides that his ultra-r@re! collection is worth the salt of the earth. And every now and then there's some idiot who has that money to spend... I'll be watching this :)

PS Cute little car :)

MacDeath

So I would like to pay 40euro for some  Man in Middle carts and a few flashrom then... :D

Ynot.zer0

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:17, 10 April 11
Every now and then some idiot decides that his ultra-r@re! collection is worth the salt of the earth. And every now and then there's some idiot who has that money to spend... I'll be watching this :)
very true - did you manage to get Batman?

Gryzor

Argh don't remind me of this - my tel line was down yesterday almost all day :`(

Xyphoe

I'll do estimated value of it all perhaps later today, but I did do a rarity and value guide on the gx4000.co.uk site here - http://gx4000.co.uk/gamebase/rarity.php

To be fair he's not far off....

Dick Tracy is very rare and will fetch over the £100 mark, I've only seen it appear once on Ebay in about 4 or 5 years
Mystical used to crop up every now and then on Ebay but hasn't done so for years now, again could reach the £100 mark
Copter271 was also very rare, when it first appeared maybe 3-4 years ago it went for a staggering £400!! But I've seen a few boxed / original (ignoring the bootlegs) crop up quite a few times recently, I paid around the £100 mark for mine and it's value has dropped a little now probably because Ebay got flooded with bootleg loose carts for the game
Pang - boxed and original, goes around for about £70-90
Plotting and Pinball Magic are fairly rare too, probably about £60 each....

So you're already close to the £600 mark there just on those alone.

As for the rest? Well you're paying for a near complete collection and the convenience of it. I think a few years ago it would have been snapped up but with the current economic climate and people being more 'wise' with their purchases he might struggle.

Xyphoe

Quote from: steve on 18:25, 09 April 11
That's £45.41 each, Let's offer him £300 for the lot and then sell them individually.

It was not long ago that 15 boxed cartridges were sold as one lot on Ebay, I think the price was £125.

Was that the guy who was trying to flog a purple spray-painted GX4000 console along with it? If so I don't think he ever sold it in the end. That was about a year or two ago.

There was another guy recently selling a collection, I think his username was like 'nintendozone' or something - there wasn't anything rare or special in his collection so I'm not that surprised he didn't get much over £100 in the current climate

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:17, 10 April 11

PS Cute little car :)

Yes, and if you don't use insults for rich people, then you are absolutely right  ;D  No offense, but also no reason to offend them  ;D
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Well, it ended with no bids. I wonder why!