News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Help me find working DSK files of a few games

Started by mr_lou, 18:49, 02 June 16

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_lou

Hello

For my project "8-bit Stories" I want to make videos of a few games.
It's going rather well actually. Already have about 7 videos or so.

But I'm having problems with a few games that just won't run on my CPC464, and it makes no sense to me.
The games are:

Daley Thomson's Supertest - crashes after selecting which day to play.
Green Beret - makes it to the game menu, but attempting to start a game tilts the menu and doesn't enter the game.
Kung-Fu Master - works fine but I can't seem to find a version without unlimited lives.

I've tried downloads from NVG and CPC-power

Can anyone help with alternative versions?

Thanks

mr_lou

mr_lou

That helped a bit.

Supertest still crashes the same place, but there was a version of Kung-fu Master without unlimited lives, and Green Beret also works, although he runs a lot faster than I remember in the intro screen.  :)

Thanks!

Phantomz

@mr_lou

I fixed the version of " Kung-fu Master " from CPC-Power when I did the GX4000 cart.  :)

Try this disk, You should run out of lives now.   ;)

Phantomz

@mr_lou

Does this version of " Daley Thompson's Supertest " work for you?

It hasn't got a menu, just day1.bas and day2.bas to start the days off.

mr_lou

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:32, 02 June 16Does this version of " Daley Thompson's Supertest " work for you?

Yes! Thanks a lot!  :)

Phantomz

@mr_lou

You might like this disk too, " Kung-Fu Master " with a Trainer for Infinite Lives ( In English ).

I'm going to upload my " Joypad Version ", I will post that in the " Two Player Games with Two Joysticks " Thread.

I know it's not using two joysticks, but that's where I've posted the games I've patched so makes sense.  ;)

Press Space or use Joystick to pass loading ( title ) screen.

NEW VERSION IN LATER POST.

mr_lou

I reached level 4 for the first time ever.....

...how is one supposed to get pass that abe guy? I can't seem to kill him.

Phantomz

Quote from: mr_lou on 17:26, 04 June 16
I reached level 4 for the first time ever.....

...how is one supposed to get pass that abe guy? I can't seem to kill him.

I think you need to punch that guy, maybe crouch and punch, not to sure now.

If you've got a multiface two or under emulation, change 32 to 3A @ 01DE for Infinite Energy  :)

mr_lou

Ok, didn't try punching him. To be honest I actually never knew I could toggle between kicking and punching....

Phantomz

Quote from: mr_lou on 17:42, 04 June 16
Ok, didn't try punching him. To be honest I actually never knew I could toggle between kicking and punching....

The C64 version is the same I believe where you need to press the space bar to swop, I think a lot of people don't like this.

I've now uploaded the Joypad version if you've got a pad, so much better having separate buttons.  8)

I've just checked the level 4 boss with the energy cheat  ;D you do need to crouch and punch.   ;)

Phantomz

@mr_lou

Did you complete the game? well get pasted level 4 anyway?

Here is a new version of the " Kung-Fu Master " disk with a Trainer.  ;)

mr_lou

Quote from: Phantomz on 21:35, 04 June 16Did you complete the game? well get pasted level 4 anyway?

No, not yet. Not sure I will either though.
I am recording a bunch of gameplay videos for my project. The goal isn't to create longplays or walkthroughs though. I just want to present the games, meaning I shouldn't completely suck at them of course, but I don't have to complete them either.  :)

Phantomz

Quote from: mr_lou on 05:04, 05 June 16
I am recording a bunch of gameplay videos for my project. The goal isn't to create longplays or walkthroughs though. I just want to present the games, meaning I shouldn't completely suck at them of course, but I don't have to complete them either.  :)

I've just read about your project.  8)  Good luck with it.   :)

dlfrsilver

Quote from: mr_lou on 05:04, 05 June 16

Use the CDTs files for your 464, and converted them with cdt2wav, the tool from Markus Hohmann (Java CPC emulator coder).