News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Hero Quest CPC Plus CPR with music?

Started by viddi, 17:17, 16 October 17

Previous topic - Next topic

viddi

Hi!

I recently played the CPR version of Hero Quest.
I didn´t know there is a Plus Hack of this game.
That´s brilliant.

Now: Any chance to see a 128k CPR of it? With music and maybe some better colours (very greenish atm...better than blue, though ;) )

And is it possible to play with one character only and to save the game?

Thanks a lot!

GOB

I'm working on a CPR version of the game with CPC+ graphix.

Here is a screen of what he was 1 year past ;)
So be patient ;)

viddi

mr_lou

Very nice!

While the standard CPC's will of course always weigh a lot on the nostalgic scale, I would love to see more Plus games.
I kinda feel the CPC Plus models should be "the next step" for us CPC geeks.

Arnaud

dragon

Quote from: viddi on 17:17, 16 October 17
Hi!

I recently played the CPR version of Hero Quest.
I didn´t know there is a Plus Hack of this game.
That´s brilliant.

Now: Any chance to see a 128k CPR of it? With music and maybe some better colours (very greenish atm...better than blue, though ;) )

And is it possible to play with one character only and to save the game?

Thanks a lot!

If i remember o.k the 128k version is the same except they call in the interruption the music player store in the second bank. Im not sure now if its possible adapt  the patch easily to the 128k version that depend. how work the dsk.

About the combination of colours, i probably can externalize it to basic so you can choose the combination in basic from palette of 4096 colours. The save maybe can be  possible in a plus, but is impossible in the gx4000.

Carnivius

Quote from: mr_lou on 19:28, 16 October 17
I kinda feel the CPC Plus models should be "the next step" for us CPC geeks.

Speak for yourself.  8)
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

mr_lou

Quote from: Carnivius on 12:28, 19 October 17
Speak for yourself.  8)

I'm not forcing anyone to take this next step.  ;)

I just mean, a lot of people (I've heard) regarded the Atari ST as the step after the CPC. I don't. I'd rather it was the CPC plus models. I.e. explore all the "new" possibilities with these machines in regards of development.
To me it would kinda be like, well, as I said, the next step, but while still feeling "at home".

You don't like the plus models?

Skunkfish

Plus features were criminally underused, even on £25 cartridge games. I'd like to see the type of Plus-enhanced games we really should have had...
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

mr_lou

Quote from: Skunkfish on 13:26, 19 October 17
Plus features were criminally underused, even on £25 cartridge games. I'd like to see the type of Plus-enhanced games we really should have had...

That's exactly what I'm talking about yes.

Carnivius

Quote from: mr_lou on 12:58, 19 October 17
I'm not forcing anyone to take this next step.  ;)

I just mean, a lot of people (I've heard) regarded the Atari ST as the step after the CPC. I don't. I'd rather it was the CPC plus models. I.e. explore all the "new" possibilities with these machines in regards of development.
To me it would kinda be like, well, as I said, the next step, but while still feeling "at home".

You don't like the plus models?

I consider the Amiga the next step after the CPC which be why I got one (and still own both my CPC and A1200).   And had to put up with a lot of ST ports in the same way I had to put up with Speccy ports on my CPC and the music/sound in many ST games weren't a huge leap over the CPC/Spectrum. 

And no I've never been fond of the Plus models.  Laughably ill-conceived computers that were either far too late to the home computer market or just way too underpowered compared to what else was already out.  I respect fact there's a lot of fans and owners of them here but I've never been one of them.   There's not one single thing that appealed to me about them other than the instant loading of the cartridge.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

tjohnson

Quote from: Carnivius on 18:14, 19 October 17
I consider the Amiga the next step after the CPC which be why I got one (and still own both my CPC and A1200).   And had to put up with a lot of ST ports in the same way I had to put up with Speccy ports on my CPC and the music/sound in many ST games weren't a huge leap over the CPC/Spectrum. 

And no I've never been fond of the Plus models.  Laughably ill-conceived computers that were either far too late to the home computer market or just way too underpowered compared to what else was already out.  I respect fact there's a lot of fans and owners of them here but I've never been one of them.   There's not one single thing that appealed to me about them other than the instant loading of the cartridge.
That seems very harsh view!  With the benefit of hindsight we can see the problems with the plus models, the main one being the timing of the release and use of 8bit when the 16bit wagon was rolling.   That said had they gone 16bit then it would no longer be a cpc.  It is shame to think what amstrad could have been but never was.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk